owequitit : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
    did you at least convert the interior back to stock? or take off the JDM ish you had on there? Coulda parted it out?
    nope nope and nope.

As is, complete, no BS.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

are you still gonna be around to bless us with your page long thread responses?? lol jk scott sad to see u sell her shit wish i knew your were selling i probably would have bought it... so are you gonna do like ray and get another one in a couple years?

Ride List
      1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
      2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
      newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by blazenem View Post
        are you still gonna be around to bless us with your page long thread responses?? lol jk scott sad to see u sell her shit wish i knew your were selling i probably would have bought it... so are you gonna do like ray and get another one in a couple years?
        I am trying to move away from that too. Most people who agree with me don't say anything, and those who don't just get butthurt and call me names, so obviously it is a waste of my time. I may at some points post something informative from here or there, but I will just link the shit out of everything and let them do the talking a'la Uncle El.

Unfortunately, the ones who need to hear what I say the most, don't bother listening and are usually the ones to get their panties twisted over it, so fuck them. They can go destroy everything, and I will just hope I can salvage a life at the end of it.

As for the CB, wasn't really something I had planned on, he approached with cash in hand, because his buddy knew someone that I knew, and he had apparently seen the car or something. I probably won't get another one. It is too hard to find them not beat to shit and there are plenty of other cars I would like to have.

Comment

did you already get rid of those prelude blades? or do you still have them in your garage?

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            did you already get rid of those prelude blades? or do you still have them in your garage?
            Everything went with the car. The blades were on it.

Comment

I personally enjoyed your "page long replies", but i like learning about new things and hearing other peoples opinions and thoughts.

Its unfortunate that you sold the car in such short notice, to us, but whats done is done and hopefully youll still be around.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

^^^agreed. I usually learned from your lectures. Most of them would get me thinking a lot about whatever it is they were about. And as i always tell my friends, (and frequently hear back) your an asshole. I mean that with the utmost respect. It's what makes some people who they are.

A nicer way to say it would be blunt and brutally honest. but that is just too long.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                  ^^^agreed. I usually learned from your lectures. Most of them would get me thinking a lot about whatever it is they were about. And as i always tell my friends, (and frequently hear back) your an asshole. I mean that with the utmost respect. It's what makes some people who they are.

A nicer way to say it would be blunt and brutally honest. but that is just too long.
                  You know, the thing that always struck me odd about that? I would ALWAYS present a viewpoint. I would then welcome opposing viewpoints. I would often ask open ended questions, that the other person/people couldn't or wouldn't answer. Don't know which, all I know is that they went unanswered. Then suddenly, those same people who passed the opportunity to "put up" accuse me of being an "asshole" and trying to "cram" my viewpoint down people's throats, even though they were the ones that didn't put up. I guess nobody knows what a discussion is. Where I come from, you present one set of evidence, data, opinion or a combination thereof, and then the other person responds in kind. Then you present more, and so on and so forth. That is discussion. 9 times out of 10, it didn't happen.

Look at all the debates with Deev and several select others.

People find it offensive, because they don't get to just bury their head in the sand and accept a prefabricated reality.

Like I said, Oh well. Fuck em.

The average person in this world anymore couldn't think for themselves if their life depended on it. Hopefully, it never does, because if it comes to that, they are SOL.

Take a recent disagreement with a certain member on here. Not only did he make specifically generalized comments that revealed his true beliefs, when I called him on it, he tried to put words in my mouth, made assumptions about me, and then had the balls to try and discredit my claims about family. A conversation which he still to this day has not finished. I said nothing of him personally, or his family, or his beliefs. I clearly disagreed with him, and I still do.

Funny, how I am the asshole in all of that.
                  Last edited by owequitit; 04-07-2009, 01:43 AM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you're referring to me, so I'll answer it now.

I didn't respond because I couldn't see any point in continuing any further with you at all.

I think you're just a prick. You've attacked me on several occasions, and until the last time, unless I'm mistaken, I never said anything insulting toward you. It's the mere fact that you SAY it's ok for people to have an opinion, or a belief, or even a viewpoint, but you attack people with rude comments, as if it's completely incredulous to have an idea that happens to be different from your own. You're allowed to skew anyone else's argument into how you want so you can retaliate, and top it off with a snide remark. I'm sure you're going to say that I throw out accusations left and right and I don't know what I'm talking about, and so on. At the end of the day, nothing you say surprises me, nor does it bother me. It's as if you spend every waking moment of your life studying up on information so you can argue with everyone on the forum and tell them how stupid they are for not doing the same thing. Good for you. Something to live for.

The most annoying part is that I've agreed with you, I've listened to what you had to say, and I've tried to explain things to you, and you still take things out of context. My analogy with the lottery winner was an attempt to say someone that I was talking about someone that spent a great deal of time and effort into their business. Again, no reason to explain further.

I never attacked your family. I just stated that I'm pretty sure you weren't born self-sufficient. When I said "I'm pretty sure your family is a LITTLE bit above middle class," I was talking about how your parents are more wealthy than we're led to believe. You talk about how you did everything yourself, you raised 18 siblings and had 3 jobs and all this. That's your life, and not mine. I honestly don't care about what you have to say anymore, unless it's specifically about cars and aircraft.

At least now I know for a fact that you're just another faceless member that goes away as soon as I close my browser window.

**EDIT** I edited my response because I didn't want to give the false impression that I was simply retaliating.
                    Last edited by mj213; 04-07-2009, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                      I'm pretty sure you're referring to me, so I'll answer it now.

I didn't respond because I couldn't see any point in continuing any further with you at all.

You are a prick, Scott. You've attacked me on several occasions, and until the last time, unless I'm mistaken, I never said anything insulting toward you. It's the mere fact that you SAY it's ok for people to have an opinion, or a belief, or even a viewpoint, but you attack people with rude comments, as if it's completely incredulous to have an idea that happens to be different from your own. You're allowed to skew anyone else's argument into how you want so you can retaliate, and top it off with a snide remark. I'm sure you're going to say that I throw out accusations left and right and I don't know what I'm talking about, and so on. At the end of the day, nothing you say surprises me, nor does it bother me. It's as if you spend every waking moment of your life studying up on information so you can argue with everyone on the forum and tell them how stupid they are for not doing the same thing.

I never attacked your family. I just stated that I'm pretty sure you weren't born self-sufficient. You talk about how you did everything yourself, you raised 18 siblings and had 3 jobs and all this. That's your life, and not mine. I honestly don't care about what you have to say unless it's specifically about cars and aircraft.

At least now I know for a fact that you're just another faceless member that goes away as soon as I close my browser window.
                      Coming from you, I will take that as a compliment.

Double standard talk as usual. You don't see the point of continuing, and yet, here you are... You have done plenty of insulting me actually. The difference between you and me is that I am not afraid to admit it. I don't make veiled insults and then try to pretend I didn't.

You have made just as many underhanded snide remarks as I ever have, but you can keep living in your bubble. Makes no difference to me.

I present a viewpoint, and then use what you say as a jumping off point. I find it funny how you try to make it sound like I invent propaganda, even though most of my arguments are substantiated by actual data, and not ideaology, assumptions and just generally keeping my head up my ass. I suppose I banned everyone for disagreeing with me too didn't I?

Also, don't give yourself more credit that I have given you. I read up on things I am interested in, and just so happen to have a good memory. Can't help it, just the way I am. You can think I sit in a little room and do whatever you want to. The fact is that I am transparent about who I am, and I don't pretend to be something I am not. You can ask anyone who actually knows me about my background.

For the record,

1) I thought you were a douche the first night I met you because you kept asking for advice on your car and then completely blowing it off, because you just already knew all there was to know. I knew at that point you are how you are, and guess what? I was right. You are lucky Ray is nicer than I am, because I would have told you to fuck off. I have better things to do than deal with people like that. Don't feel bad though, you are not the first person that I have run across that is like that.

2) As much of a prick as I am, and as much of an asshole as I am, when I make a deal, I make good on it, even if it means no money for me.

In the end, you can make whatever baseless assumptions you want about me. I know where I came from, I know what I am, I know what I know, and I am not ashamed of it.

You and several other key people on here don't like me because I bitch slap you across the face with reality, and I guess it hurts.
                      Last edited by owequitit; 04-07-2009, 03:41 AM.

Comment

I'm not surprised about the car sale. Makes complete sense.

I'm a bit confused about all of this leaving and what not. But it's the interwebz. Life will go on.

You know I enjoyed your posts. At some point I hope you see that they were rather insulting and perhaps degrading at times. But that's what made them interesting. Myself and many others liked that you stuck next to your statements.

I'm quite curious as to what you're like in person, but I will never know. Are you a nerd who sits inside and memorizes facts like some of your posts would lead us to believe or you a sociable guy who happens to be well informed. Eh.

See you around I guess.
                        Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovemycb7 View Post
                          I'm not surprised about the car sale. Makes complete sense.

I'm a bit confused about all of this leaving and what not. But it's the interwebz. Life will go on.

You know I enjoyed your posts. At some point I hope you see that they were rather insulting and perhaps degrading at times. But that's what made them interesting. Myself and many others liked that you stuck next to your statements.

I'm quite curious as to what you're like in person, but I will never know. Are you a nerd who sits inside and memorizes facts like some of your posts would lead us to believe or you a sociable guy who happens to be well informed. Eh.

See you around I guess.
                          I didn't say I was leaving the board. That isn't going to happen, unless Deev makes me go.

He knows how I am. You will also notice if you look back closely through my posting history, that my level of "assholeness" grew in direct proportion to the attacks from idiots. I do stand by my facts. I start by presenting a viewpoint, and then I discuss. Usually, not always, as I am not perfect either, someone ends up getting all pissed off about what I say and they attack. At that point, the gloves come off. Unfortunately, most of what I say is sarcastic, and that is 90% lost in writing. But, I just don't care.

I am exactly the same in person. Sarcastic, witty, opinionated and strong willed. But it comes across differently, mostly because of the sarcasm that is lost in translation.

If you really want to know, I guess you will just have to find out.

I don't sit in a room memorizing stuff, I just read alot throughout the day, on my down times.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                            I didn't say I was leaving the board. That isn't going to happen, unless Deev makes me go.

He knows how I am. You will also notice if you look back closely through my posting history, that my level of "assholeness" grew in direct proportion to the attacks from idiots. I do stand by my facts. I start by presenting a viewpoint, and then I discuss. Usually, not always, as I am not perfect either, someone ends up getting all pissed off about what I say and they attack. At that point, the gloves come off. Unfortunately, most of what I say is sarcastic, and that is 90% lost in writing. But, I just don't care.

I am exactly the same in person. Sarcastic, witty, opinionated and strong willed. But it comes across differently, mostly because of the sarcasm that is lost in translation.

If you really want to know, I guess you will just have to find out.

I don't sit in a room memorizing stuff, I just read alot throughout the day, on my down times.
                            Interesting, thanks for taking my comment as just a broad thought process rather than an attack.

I'm still very confused about this whole "fight" but that's all of your guys' business. IMO he shouldn't make you leave, or anyone leave.

It's all good man. Glad to hear you'll be sticking around.

Just curious what does a CB like yours go for? (If you care to disclose, perhaps you already have, in which case I apologize for not doing my research )
                            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                              Coming from you, I will take that as a compliment.

Double standard talk as usual. You don't see the point of continuing, and yet, here you are... You have done plenty of insulting me actually. The difference between you and me is that I am not afraid to admit it. I don't make veiled insults and then try to pretend I didn't.

You have made just as many underhanded snide remarks as I ever have, but you can keep living in your bubble. Makes no difference to me.

I present a viewpoint, and then use what you say as a jumping off point. I find it funny how you try to make it sound like I invent propaganda, even though most of my arguments are substantiated by actual data, and not ideaology, assumptions and just generally keeping my head up my ass. I suppose I banned everyone for disagreeing with me too didn't I?

Also, don't give yourself more credit that I have given you. I read up on things I am interested in, and just so happen to have a good memory. Can't help it, just the way I am. You can think I sit in a little room and do whatever you want to. The fact is that I am transparent about who I am, and I don't pretend to be something I am not. You can ask anyone who actually knows me about my background.

For the record,

1) I thought you were a douche the first night I met you because you kept asking for advice on your car and then completely blowing it off, because you just already knew all there was to know. I knew at that point you are how you are, and guess what? I was right. You are lucky Ray is nicer than I am, because I would have told you to fuck off. I have better things to do than deal with people like that.

2) As much of a prick as I am, and as much of an asshole as I am, when I make a deal, I make good on it, even if it means no money for me.

In the end, you can make whatever baseless assumptions you want about me. I know where I came from, I know what I am, I know what I know, and I am not ashamed of it.

You and several other key people on here don't like me because I bitch slap you across the face with reality, and I guess it hurts.
                              I edited my post - I guess I did so too late.

Anyway. The first DAY I met you and Ray, I was just excited to talk to someone who took an interest in working on cars. None of the friends I still hang out with have any interest in cars. And for the record, I listened to quite a bit of what was discussed, but at the time I knew very little about the car, so I was on foreign ground with most of what we talked about. It was because of you guys that I stuck with buying Honda parts instead of Autozone parts and junkyard parts for quite a while. Most everything that was done to the car was that way when I got it. Sorry for giving you the wrong impression.

As far as me owing money to Ray, yeah I still owe him $350 for the G Squares. I've been apologizing to him profusely for not having the money sooner, and I feel like shit for that because I would NEVER take advantage of someone like that. In fact, I've been trying to sell anything I have to get money to pay him back. If it makes you feel any better, I've got some money to give him next time I can meet up with him.

After reading your last post, now I know where you're coming from. If I was the guy you're saying I am, I probably would have an attitude toward me, too.

..But I'm not. We're both rich, Scott - we just happen to have different assets.

Comment

I know my opinions usually don't line up with yours.

But I love your page long responses to everything, especially when they are technical page long responses. I do not care that you ripped me a new one several months back regarding strut bars. Your responses are methodical and are basically not tainted with your opinion. I think partly due to this lack of emotional attachment, you are able to crank out a multitude of smart and direct responses.

You are the reason why I stopped being a lurker and signed up. In many situations, you have offhandedly mentioned the exact fact that I needed to know. I have done many, many searches with the specific search requirement that owequitit wrote a reply in the thread.

I didn't want to write this before, in fear of sounding like a suck-up to a mod. Frankly, I'm glad you're not a Mod anymore. Not that you didn't deserve the power, but because people now don't need to pussy-foot around you anymore. Because of this, I hope that you are provoked into more page long responses.

I look forward to more posts, regardless of if I agree with them.
                                Last edited by TheNextEpisode; 04-07-2009, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X