Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here are a couple from this weekend, first is my shoot with hellraisin's cb for the calendar:

Josh's CB7 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

and yesterday i did an engagement session for one of my friends, and he wanted me to do a shoot of his new NSX, which i couldnt turn down!

Skyler's Grand Prix White NSX by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Man, I wish I had someone local who could take a decent pic. My submission would have looked so much better with a good camera and lighting like that.
      '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
        Man, I wish I had someone local who could take a decent pic. My submission would have looked so much better with a good PHOTOGRAPHER like that.
        fixed. nothing more irritating to a photog than hearing that his camera is good.... not trying to be a jerk just fyi for the future.

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
          fixed. nothing more irritating to a photog than hearing that his camera is good.... not trying to be a jerk just fyi for the future.
          Also not trying to be a jerk, but literally said my picture would have looked BETTER if I had a local photographer and had a better camera than my point and shoot and lighting. I know a good camera doesn't make a good photographer. I give my dad's girlfriend shit all the time because she spends all her money on a camera equipment and can't take an awesome picture.

Comment

lol u didnt say anything about a photographer... i wasnt trying to start an argument man, this is where the photogs hang out on this forum and i know it strikes a nerve with photographers.. thats all.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Pff, please. If your camera doesn't have more than 15 Megapixles you can SUCK MY DICK

In other news, that lit picture of the CB with the sun in the background is awesome!

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                Man, I wish I had someone local who could take a decent pic. My submission would have looked so much better with a good camera and lighting like that.
                Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                Holy CRAP! I saw domestic's post and was in the process of saying almost verbatim per your post J ..
                OMG! And yes, nothing about any kind of dis-respect,
                but I hear people say this all the time. Not only in this industry, but in golf:
                "If I only had better clubs" .. in almost every industry, people think if they have the proper "tools" ...

The only thing that would make your photographs "decent" is your guilt from spending so much!
                Trust me, I was approched by another "photographer" at a function, and he was like,
                "wow, your cameras look so much older" .. Him: holding the latest and the greatest Canon
                I handed him my 30D, and took his 5D Mark 92, or whatever, and said, "go ahead, make an image" ..
                I was on manual, and set up with my cyber-syncs, -1/3 ev,
                and the flashes were stopped down 2 stops .. he was like: "umm wait ..
                I looked at his state of the art FF and sure enough .. green box .. LMFAO!

I assure you Domesticated .. both J and I mean no dis-respect at all.
                But it's always, no matter what industry you're involved with, it's always the Indian ..
                hardly ever is it the arrow ..

And what steelbluesleepR is doing on his first auto sessions, most photograpers take forever to learn.

I can't believe I scrolled down, only to see exactly what I was going to say,
                already thought of by J.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

While I was being incredibly sarcastic in my last post, quality gear really can mean the difference between getting a shot and missing it.

If you think otherwise, look at pretty much every single professional photographer working in the industry right now. They aren't out there with used Rebels and D40's.

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/12/02/...the-year-2012/

Great photos can come from any equipment but the better the gear the better the chances of getting the best shot. To compare to the golf example, with the same skill level a better performing driver is going to send the ball further down the fairway than a poorer performing driver.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

I think you guys are making this more than it is. I understand what you're getting at, but I don't want to be a photographer or spend money on equipment. I've never compared myself to one. In my post I said I wish I knew someone local, as in a photographer who could have taken the picture for me who should have had better equipment than me. I didn't say if I had better equipment I could have taken better pictures. Then I said the pictures I took would have turned out better with a better camera and some lighting. My pictures are a bit grainy because I have a cheap point and shoot. I had to drive all over town to find decent lighting because I didn't have anything.

This is the specific picture I'm referring to.

This is probably the second or third time in two plus years I've taken pictures of my car. Like I said, I'm not much of a picture taker, but I wanted a shot at the calendar because a few a people said they liked my car. No matter how I played with settings, and I spent hours out in the cold, I couldn't get rid of the grainy/foggy look. Camera does the same thing during the day too. I changed angles, I moved the car around so none of the lights were directly in the shot and nothing fixed it. I also regret not noticing the window sticker at the time.

Comment

TNwagon, thanks man, i'm really proud of it.

domesticated, i get what you're saying. chris was just saying that is probably the biggest pet peeve of most photographers(at least for me, and i'm a gear-head).

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                      And what steelbluesleepR is doing on his first auto sessions, most photograpers take forever to learn.
                      this is FAR from my first few automotive sessions, i've been teaching myself how to shoot cars for more than 6 years now. I was just saying i had just gotten my new 5d2 as an upgrade from my workhorse 10d and had to do a quick shoot with my uncle's car to test it out. gotta play with my new toy!

when i got my first camera that would allow it, i forced myself to shoot nothing but "m" mode and to learn the theory behind how it works. i honestly find it hard to shoot on anything but full manual anymore. my flashes are manual-only and except for very rare circumstances, i prefer to control everything in-camera myself. i am, however, working to learn to rely more on the equipment's brain to help me get the shot when it counts. I have booked a few weddings and other shoots for next year and i dont want to be busy trying to find the right flash setting and exposure while the bride is tossing the bouquet.
                      Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 12-04-2012, 03:02 AM.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

some random shit...

The Chronicles.

Comment

dude, chris, i always love your work.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                            dude, chris, i always love your work.
                            x2 Awesome shots!
                            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks so much guys! i always kinda forget about my work because doing it for a living u just get the pics out to the client and move on a lot. it sucks cuz u miss out on a lot!

The Chronicles.

Comment

an edit i was kinda diggin...

The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X