Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took photos at the Orange and White game (the Tennessee-Tennessee game). I'm trying to make sure faces are brighter than they were in my past photos. It looks a bit goofy, but I think overall it's better than having them dark.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

I really like that one, the bokeh is beautiful and the subject is very crisp. I am very impressed with your work overall, you have access to some really nice toys, but importantly, have the skills to use them.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Tnwagn your work is very inspirational sir. I hope one day to be as good a photographer as you and all of you other regulars on this thread.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Last edited by ExplodingCake; 04-23-2012, 11:13 PM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I took these just as the light was going away. I like the colors and composition.
            I would appreciate any comments.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
            MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
              I took these just as the light was going away. I like the colors and composition.
              I would appreciate any comments.
              They're decent pictures. They look a little noisy. What kind of camera?

Comment

Playing with the RED ONE again this weekend as I help my friend film his last film for film school, and ended up building this for it:
                (sorry for the shitty cell picture)

Its a camera jib crane built to handle the weight of the RED (40+ pounds including the fluid head). I made a 4 foot and a 6.5 foot arm for it. without extending the tripod base, the longer arm holds the camera 11 feet high (shown here). I can't wait to get some awesome shots with it.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

Originally posted by 904dr View Post
                  They're decent pictures. They look a little noisy. What kind of camera?
                  You are correct. I have some serious noise issues. I have a Canon 40D. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. There is always some noise going on with my low light shots. I have never taken any sort of photography course. Not sure what to do to correct this issue. I always blame the equiptment but odds are it's me.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015

Comment

i have a 40d as well. its not the camera... the pics are underexposed, and whenever u underexpose a photo it leaves the door for noise wide open. even if u shoot at 100 iso. just based on the kind of light and depth of field it looks as if u werent at a super low ISO either.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                      i have a 40d as well. its not the camera... the pics are underexposed, and whenever u underexpose a photo it leaves the door for noise wide open. even if u shoot at 100 iso. just based on the kind of light and depth of field it looks as if u werent at a super low ISO either.
                      Thanks bro. I really appreciate your info. The noise issue has been irk'n me for a while now. ISO was probably waaaay up for sure. Actually, my setting sound like they are completely the opposite of what they should be.

The Caravan 2015

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                        I really like that one, the bokeh is beautiful and the subject is very crisp. I am very impressed with your work overall, you have access to some really nice toys, but importantly, have the skills to use them.
                        Originally posted by redlined302 View Post
                        Tnwagn your work is very inspirational sir. I hope one day to be as good a photographer as you and all of you other regulars on this thread.
                        Thanks guys

I really think a lot of the perceived skill of a photographer has to do with the subject matter. Sports, at their core, are incredibly interesting visual events. If this was 15 years ago, and my body of work looked like what I have now, I would feel like an accomplished photographer.

However, these days the equipment is just so good it's almost hard not to take a good photo at these events. I find the real mark of a good photographer is one who can produce a breathtaking image from even the most bland scene. Watch the movie "Capote" and you will get what I'm saying.

In other news, we are hosting the first round of the Southern Region for USA Rugby's National Championships. Here's a shot of player from ECU getting the best of a UNC-Wilmington player during their Sweet 16 matchup.

Comment

We are currently shooting the film, so I figured i'd share one of the production shots I got with my phone. This is easily the highest production value of any film I've worked on. This pic shows my jib crane holding the RED while on the steerable dolly:

Comment

That setup is awesome. I had the chance to hang around on the set of a commercial the other day with a RED setup. Quite a capable camera for the size.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                              That setup is awesome. I had the chance to hang around on the set of a commercial the other day with a RED setup. Quite a capable camera for the size.
                              Yeah man, its so much fun to work with one, minus the fact that we were hand-holding with it half the time and it weighs so much. Keeping a very expensive 40 lbs on your shoulder with one hand while pulling focus with the other kinda sucks lol.
                              Heres a still taken straight from the video file that we are using as a teaser photo:

Edit: the director released a teaser trailer, and it looks even better than I imagined:
                              http://vimeo.com/41266645
                              Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 04-30-2012, 05:07 AM.

Comment

portal 2 music?
                                峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Working...
                                X