Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
    That is awesome, I thought it was just a setup static shot.
    no, we were shooting a scene for a really gory hack-and-slash movie we are making and kept shooting more blood at her until the scene was over and she looked like that. i happened to have my new-to-me 28 f2.5 on my camera and i liked the light, so i had her look at me real quick. 2 snaps and thats what i got, converted from raw with just a little bit of de-saturation and vibrance tweaking.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I hate this photo but spent too much time with it not to post. I need to get back into taking photos, I've really lost it.

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

i like it.... should have pulled a beast move and shot INTO the sun and strobed!

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

I would have but I went straight from work and was running out of daylight super quick. I might try that this weekend sometime. See if I can find a sweet spot around town.

Comment

Originally posted by hondamanf22 View Post
            thought it was creepy made a web off my bumper

Ohh geez that looks like a black widow o.O!!!

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
            My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

here's my first shot of a bike, actually did it at a local car show at night, just was walking around with a light stand lol.

setup: you can see the lightstand in the background, 2nd flash on ground in front of me, slightly to the left. cloned out the ugly stuff, im not perfectly happy with the cloning of the parking space stripe that hits the front fender.

CRW_7131 before by steelbluesleepr, on Flickr

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

got access backstage at a small-ish show at my old school this past weekend. one of my favorite bands, Greek Fire (definitely check them out), was playing. they wouldnt allow any flash photography (contrary to my usual style), so i knew i would be pushing my old 10D to the limits. my 28-135 just simply wasnt fast enough, so i broke out my primes (as well as a couple shots with MNdude07's 70-200 f4L). this is probably my favorite set of concert shots i've done so far, and cant wait to get my 5D2 here within the next month so i dont have to concentrate on fighting the camera as much as getting the shot i want. that being said, just about all of these are WAY grainier than i would ever like to put out.

Greek Fire in Rolla, MO by steelbluesleepr, on Flickr

the lead singer, Moon, jumped the barrier and started singing in the crowd for a while

and the coolest part of the night was Johnny Venus, the drummer has been laid up with Leukemia for several months, and aside from a benefit show they did at busch stadium, this was his first show back. needless to say, it was pretty emotional for the band, they had all of their friends and family just off stage and i was lucky enough to get this shot before i felt like i was invading their personal space (even though they were essentially on stage)

Comment

I really like those last two shots. It's really interesting you were able to get so close, small venues really are great for concert shots.

Comment

Haven't touched my camera in a long while. Dusted it off for a meet and to these of my buddy's S2k. Shot with a Nikon D40, stock lense and 50mm.

DSC_2874npb by NButtz, on Flickr

Shot with 50mm

DSC_2933npb by NButtz, on Flickr

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

I find shooting silver always tough, that first shot is great though! Very even lighting, except for near the front wheel. Not a huge fan of the vignetting on either frame, but they're still both nice shots (especially the first).

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                        I find shooting silver always tough, that first shot is great though! Very even lighting, except for near the front wheel. Not a huge fan of the vignetting on either frame, but they're still both nice shots (especially the first).
                        Thanks! Never shot silver before this so was a learning session.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

my first car photo with the new 5d2. it was just my uncle's car in the driveway during thanksgiving, i set my flashes either straight on the ground or in a tree. i'm fairly happy with how it turned out considering how impromptu this shoot was.

and here's one from the last shoot with my 10D, one of my best friends just had a baby and I offered to do my first newborn session for him:

Dexter Meadows by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr
                          Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 11-26-2012, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Great shots for your first remote with flashes! Awesome!
                            What were you using for flash triggers?

Keep it up!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                              Great shots for your first remote with flashes! Awesome!
                              What were you using for flash triggers?

Keep it up!
                              lol it wasnt my first time using remote flashes, but thank you it was my first car shot with my new 5d mark II. if you want to see some more car stuff, check out my flickr. I'm using three yongnuo yn-460II's triggered by RF-602 triggers. i only have 3 recievers though, and leave one always setup on a second frequency for a remote camera setup, so my third flash was triggered optically. there is a set of pocketwizards for sale near me for a good price, but i just cant afford them right now.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                                lol it wasnt my first time using remote flashes, but thank you it was my first car shot with my new 5d mark II. if you want to see some more car stuff, check out my flickr. I'm using three yongnuo yn-460II's triggered by RF-602 triggers. i only have 3 recievers though, and leave one always setup on a second frequency for a remote camera setup, so my third flash was triggered optically. there is a set of pocketwizards for sale near me for a good price, but i just cant afford them right now.
                                I LOVE my cyber-sync's .. never a fail, just go and go and go and ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X