Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post

The lenses I was looking at were the canon 24-105 f/4L, 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, or the 17-55 f/2.8 in that order. The 24-105 is the only lens I haven't shot with before.
    Look at the 28-105 3.5/4.5 before looking at the 24-105L .. just might change your mind.
    However, there are 4 versions of this lens:

from another forum/credits to: WEKurtz @POTN.
    There are four versions of this lens, all with the same optics but different construction and asthetic details.

1. THE "FLOWER" VERSION. The first released. 5 blades. Very common. Although unofficial, this is the MKI version. Easily identifiable by the flower icon.

2. THE "MACRO" VERSION. The second released. 7 blades. Very common. Identifiable as it has the word "MACRO" in yellow, but has NOT the "MKII" mark on the barrel. This is an "enhaced" MKI version.

3. THE JAPANESE MKII VERSION. Third released. Very uncommon (and valued; it's said that japanese Canon facilities work the lenses better). 7 blades. Identifiable by the mark "MKII" on the barrel. Identifiable by it's product code: C21-0121 and the characteristic type of lettering on the barrel.

4. THE TAIWANESE MKII VERSION. Last released. Relatively common. 7 blades. Identifiable by its product code: 6469A005* and the type font of the lettering on the barrel (different than the previous commented version).

It's great if you can find the MKII version, but I love my "MACRO" version.
    Stay away from the "flower" version .. This lens is an absolute must have.
    Not much difference in apeture between the L and a whole lot less $$$.
    Really big bang for the buck lens .. never an issue with it.

The 10-22 is also an awesome lens. Even on a crop body..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I would prefer to buy the lens new since I wouldn't really know what to look for on a used lens, and if I did know what to look for I probably wouldn't notice it. haha

Comment

just a few summer shenanigans.
        Last edited by J-specCb4; 08-27-2012, 04:48 AM.

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

do you have a rig now? im working on building one for myself, already sourced the boom and super clamps, just need the cups now.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

had one for a few years... i never remember to use it... haha

The Chronicles.

Comment

Mmmmmm 312.

Funny you should metion the rig, steelbluesleepR, I now have a SuperClamp and Magic arm myself. I'm somewhat interested in setting one up but at the same time I don't know how much I'd use it.

Originally posted by Maple50175
              Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                Mmmmmm 312.

Funny you should metion the rig, steelbluesleepR, I now have a SuperClamp and Magic arm myself. I'm somewhat interested in setting one up but at the same time I don't know how much I'd use it.
                im actually shooting a wedding in february for one of my car-guy friends and he's using his 450hp dsm as the "getaway" car, so i pitched him the idea of doing a rig shot of him and his bride. i want him in his tux and her in her dress with her veil blowing behind her while hanging out the windows of the car

on a related note, i have pretty much talked them into a "trash the dress" session with them both working on his car in their wedding apparel

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

shot my favorite music festival again this last weekend... North Coast Music festival and got lots of fun photos... i dont even know where to start with editing though haha. heres a pic from my 1d classic which is from 2001 and is 4mp haha... camera blows my mind... autofocus is incredible and subject isolation is amazing. just wish the screen was a bit better... its almost like using a film camera because u cant tell is u got anything worth keeping till u get home LOL

The Chronicles.

Comment

My production crew just has one of these beauties on order for our feature length movie we are filming:

the black magic cinema camera, shoots 2.5k footage in RAW format. We were able to pick it up thanks to a successful kickstarter campaign in which we raised more than $11,000 to produce our film.

Comment

Took this photo the other night just for kicks. It's not actually the way I cut my hair, but seemed like a fun project for a boring night at home. I really enjoyed the outcome, and apparently the internet liked the image as well.

Comment

That thing is just plain ole awesome .. what lens is on that beast?

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

That is a Canon cinema lens, we just bought the body. The picture is just off Google, the camera is still on backorder.

Comment

i saw this little guy in the bushes while i was picking up some gear from the last video shoot I did, and had to pull out my camera and get some captures. Unfortunately for the squirrel, his back legs were seemingly paralyzed (he wasn't too far from both tall trees and the road), but fortunately for me, he didn't move around much. I shot these using my 10D, m42 adapter, and an old manual-everything vivitar 128mm f/2.8 prime at 2.8

baby squirrel by steelbluesleepr, on Flickr

2 (my favorite)

baby squirrel 2 by steelbluesleepr, on Flickr

baby squirrel 3 by steelbluesleepr, on Flickr

Comment

Nice photos! The first is definitely my favorite of the batch.

Comment

The best camera is the one you have with you.

I shot this with my cellphone.

Comment

Working...
                                X