No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^Did you find that in Bama? That is clean!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      Mine as well. I was hanging out with a friend at Big O Tires where he works when the Snap-On truck showed up. We went in, I seen the torque wrench and bought it. I got it for $550 cash. Kinda hectic how we had to do it. It had to go on my friends account with them and I just paid my friend the money.
      I have an account with a Snap-on guy along with a Mac tools guy and I try to see them once a month

Alot of the tools they have are just plain awesome

I am like a kid in a candy store
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        ^^Did you find that in Bama? That is clean!

I did. Found it about 20 miles from where I live.

My 6th gen accord thread
        99 Miata

Comment

Ooh, very nice buy on the 240! I never see any that aren't slammed anymore.

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
          I am like a kid in a candy store
          Lol, I was thinking along those lines when I first read his post about getting into the van. Tool trucks are like creeper vans for big boys!

Me... I added to my ever-growing library. I usually despise zombies (mainly because they're so popular and that kills lots of things for me), but this mixes in an almost Michael Crichton-flavor of science, and I do love Crichton's writing.

And for the RSX, I ordered new battery ground & charge cables, and a needed transmission sensor. I've been having starting issues lately; I'll probably be replacing the starter soon, but I wanted to try new connections first regardless. A starter swap on these cars involves removing the intake manifold, radiator support, and bumper. Yaaaayyyyy.
          Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-11-2015, 11:33 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Moog front uca's

Koni Yellows

Comment

Awesome, Lucien.

Are you going to keep the Progress Springs with that setup?
              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                Awesome, Lucien.

Are you going to keep the Progress Springs with that setup?
                For the time being, yes. I called Hyperco to see about some off the shelf 10k/8k springs but theirs only work on threaded body coilovers, so no go there.

I'm keeping my eyes open for any great deals on Neuspeed Races or gc's, but that's not high priority. Right now my focus is on finishing my suspension/brakes. I have everything i need save for rear pads/rotors and maybe a bushing or two. I plan to take a week or so off work to tear down, clean and reassemble everything.

Once that's done, it's onto the motor.

Comment

Bro! Just put some threads on it!
                  '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                    Bro! Just put some threads on it!
                    lol

I'm going to check out Swift springs. They may have a standard spring option that'll work. I'm not unhappy with the Progress springs, just for clarity. I like them a lot. I'm really just interested in higher spring rates and a slightly lower stance.

Comment

When Craftsman has a lifetime warranty on their hand tools and I can just walk into Sears for a free replacement, I don't see the point in spending more on anything else. Specialty tools make sense, but otherwise that 'Snap-On mentality' is laughable for the DIY mechanic.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Ditto. I have never had a Craftsman tool break on me, and I just don't need anything nicer. A Pittsburg 3/8" ratchet from HF was the first and last of my tools to break.
                        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                          Ditto. I have never had a Craftsman tool break on me, and I just don't need anything nicer. A Pittsburg 3/8" ratchet from HF was the first and last of my tools to break.
                          I've loved everything from GearWrench that i've tried and they're inexpensive for their quality.

Comment

I've had tons of craftsman ratchets break on me, but almost always while using a cheater bar. Most of my tools are craftsman though. I have some gear wrench ratcheting wrenches also. One I grounded out on a battery and welded the ratcheting ring to the body, but after I broke the weld it still works fine.

Funny thing craftsman advertises their tools made in USA but my craftsman impact says made in japan.

Snapon prices are crazy, but when you work at a dealer or the truck comes to you, it's still easier to walk out in the parking lot and warranty something vs. driving to a sears to do it.
                            Last edited by bassrock234; 05-14-2015, 12:46 AM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

I'd have to say that all depends on your dealer. I've only ever used one snapon guy and he always warranties my stuff no problem. He's been on the route for years so he knows what shops use what and keeps that stuff in stock. If he doesn't have it in stock, you'll get it ASAP. I've even had him bring me stuff on his day off. But we've all heard the snapon horror stories so I'm sure there is truth to it. I've just never had to many issues.

I got 120 smd LEDs today, these things are tiny!

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

GearWrench 85817 17mm X-Beam Combination Ratcheting Wrench ($5.02)

GearWrench 85614 14mm XL Locking Flex-Head Ratcheting Combination Wrench ($5.25)

GearWrench 81306F 1/2-Inch Drive Full Polish Flex Head Ratchet with 84T ($8.56)

GearWrench 9917 17mm Flex-Head Combination Ratcheting Wrench ($10.25)

Stanley Proto J1210MHASD Combination Wrench 10mm 6 Point ($3.25)

Husky HUVTHRU28PC 28-Piece Universal Thru-Ratchet Set (full price @ $32.00 but i really wanted it)

All bought at a 70% or higher discount through amazon.
                                Last edited by Lucien; 05-14-2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X