Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accord R33
    well put adam

i have a feeling this is going to turn into JDM vs kits. i hope it doesnt..

your right .. hope it doesnt either ..
    "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

well. for clear corner lights <<<<i like the way they look on a white cb7(i don't have them)
      for 5th gen ex rims. <<<<<<< they come cheap. lol
      as i stated in another thread i am not into kits and jdm stuff. because they won't impruve the handleing of the car. just cosmetics thas all they are.
      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

I have to say..I was never really flammed...I had a few people say they did not like my kit...but overall my experince has been great!

Comment

kits suck you homos with kits should die. <<<stupid ricers.

JUST KIDDING. i like all the kitted carsd on here, i actually liked phatdonuts car better kitted up. i also like jdm. whatever u like....you like. if people want to bitch about someone else car then there jealous imo. i aggree with all of you guys.
          [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

nobody mentioned that they liked my car hah, just kidding.

i gotta admit, rebels car is some hot stuff. i like the other kitted ones too, i like the r33 front bumper. and bille is definately on the right track. (these past two comments can be applied to you, eric )

eh, it bothers me a lot to see people to make their cars look the same. thats kinda why i was glad to see ATX ditch the amber corners and mugen lip, which were all the rage while he had them.

im still going for clear tails, no matter what anybody says.

you know what i think it boils down to? people need to do what they want to their own cars, and everyone else needs to accept different opinions of what looks "good" on a car. if you like altezzas, rock em... tho i personally think they dont match with the body style of most cars, i like them on mid 90's integras :-X

now this is totally separate from the people who do things ONLY because it is a trend... i have respect for people who do their own thing because its what they like (my mind is thinkin specifically of ZigenballZ) but no respect for people who get things only because thats the cool thing to have, with no concern for the look of their car... know what i mean? hard to explain, and i dont want to provide examples or some people might take it personally.

we all own a great car, lets appreciate it, and be glad of the fact that we can get 50+ (hopefully) people together in one location with the same chassis, even tho they all look different. (sucks i cant be there )

proceed with the debate... and i just wanna say, if this starts turning into a flame war, it wont be tolerated... so lets keep it to serious, meaninful discussion, which it has been so far. thank you people

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I agree with you totally on everything.Opinions are like assholes everybody has one. The bad thing is this is where people share their opinion. Me I like the clears too I will sport em til my car dies. people hate on me cause I don't even have blinkers in the front it is just the way the car came. But even though everyone here has different opinions they share the same love their car.

Comment

Originally posted by H23Accord
                Ummm...it is because we mock that which we do not understand.
                so true.

wow, lots of good opinions and thoughts here!

i'll just add, whether it's kitted, jdm, oem, edm, or a mix of all of the above, in the end, it's all about what you like. if you built it and like it, that's all that should matter. unfortunately, some people allow the opinions of others to really get under their skin.

hopefully, you build your car for yourself, to your own standards. that's what should matter.

personally, i don't care what people think about my car. while i appreciate the positive comments (i don't think anyone would argue with positive comments), i appreciate the negative comments as well- there's nothing wrong with not liking something about my car, or anyone's car for that matter. you are entitled to your own opinion.

it is when someone takes a negative comment, and turns it into a personal attack, and belittles the person. and that, sadly, is the point we have reached, not only on this site, but on many others as well. we've got to stop belittling people about the state of their car.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                  you know what i think it boils down to? people need to do what they want to their own cars, and everyone else needs to accept different opinions of what looks "good" on a car. if you like altezzas, rock em... tho i personally think they dont match with the body style of most cars, i like them on mid 90's integras :-X

now this is totally separate from the people who do things ONLY because it is a trend...
                  it's like i always say...

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                    nobody mentioned that they liked my car hah, just kidding.

i gotta admit, rebels car is some hot stuff. i like the other kitted ones too, i like the r33 front bumper. and bille is definately on the right track. (these past two comments can be applied to you, eric )
                    lol....i like kitted cars....not a fan of "show cars" due to the fact that most if not all of the man hours put into them arent done by the owner.

the jdm craze is over rated. the whole "lip" thing is overdone. and its cheaper then kits. thats why most people do it.

as for people that buy every little thing jdm just cause they want to add that mod to their list. well, its sad to say, but theyre whores.

and on a final note. its always been about standing out with something basic and going fast with nothing. ever since the early 90's when the OG's put the first b16 in a hatch, and the first geezers rolled off the acura lot. its all about the love maing.
                    Last edited by AccordWarrior; 03-17-2005, 08:34 PM.
                    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

I completely agree with uncle el ..

Mike .. it's a mad, mad, world .. lol .. I also agree with whoever it was that said.. people are just jealous ..

The more members that we attain, the more differences we'll see in posting .. plain and simple ..
                      I've learned also that if I'm not too *high* on someone's *mods* or even their *sigs* (which sometimes,
                      can illicit some crudeness from others) I cant respond with a negative response.

*hondagurlex21* said it best .. "Opinions are like assholes everybody has one"

My cb7 has the flavor of jdm, edm, and usdm .. alotta folks like it .. fawk the ones who dont!

A Hui Hou !!!
                      Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

sorry if this was said b4, i didnt read through all the posts above. but coming from california where everybody and their mother is fixing up their cars too look like they were meant for a car show, cars that are kitted etc., tend to have people owning the cars who dont have respect for others. its the whole "ricer" mentality. i say "ricer" with quotes becuase its a term you can find on almost any forum that talks about imports. i dont mind kitted cars, if a car is clean, its clean. the problem i have is more with the person who owns the car and has total disregard for any other opinion. most of the time when i post up about someones car i dont flame on them and tell them they should make their car look a certain way but i do however show them my idea of an ideal finished product. for example i have a lot of friends who have hondas other than accords and they are rough on the full kitted and altezzad honda/acuras, but when we'd go to car shows like HIN or Extreme AutoFest they practically nut when they see those cars while after the show ill show them a CB7 like accord_inspires and they will go nuts. the reason the JDM theme has found so much support is because most of the time the theme flows very well, while when you buy a kit you only like certain parts so you end up mismatching, making the car theme not flow as smoothly as a JDM car. i love JDM because nothing really fits better with your car than OEM parts even if its from japan.

another reason its hard to find a whole lot of cars on here that are truly different from another is because body pieces for our car arent as varied as other platforms.

the community aspect is still around these boards i think there has been a recent surgence of unimformed newcomers so it seems like a lot of them get flamed on. its sad though cause i loved this site vs any other honda/accord forum because of the specific info for accords and the knowledge that was contributed by the members here. the community is most apparent here when you look at the Nashville meet that is coming up. i mean there are so many people who are making the effort from places all around this country.

i dont know if any of this makes sense im dealing with a lot of work, school, and car issues right now..
                        clarksters 0.02¢

Comment

btw guys....cpmike just pointed this out. i like the "Riceist" of cars when im drunk. underglow neons, strobes, unpainted kits, the works.lol
                          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

damn ur car is clean bro. nicely done

Comment

my usename is what it is because i am about jdm cars have been even when it was considered stupid during the f&f days but the way i think is that any car with someones heart and soul poured into it deserves respect even if its not your style i love the way rebels car looks because the kit was done flawlessly and as well with primo i love his car but the way i choose to go is with simplicity and as many oem/jdm/edm parts as possible i dont do this for anyone but myself because where i live people dont understand why i wouldnt get chrome rims and a bodykit and graffix so i definately do it for my satisfaction and i also like to add that i dont care who you are everyone in the world has copied something they like myself included so nobody has room to say they started the trend

"Tucking tires and wires."
                              The Chronicles.

Comment

ohh btw unpainted kits are cool for some reason dont ask me why

"Tucking tires and wires."
                                The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X