A serious Accord discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mayberry4thgen
    btw guys....cpmike just pointed this out. i like the "Riceist" of cars when im drunk. underglow neons, strobes, unpainted kits, the works.lol
    secret information: me and mayberry watch F&F every weekend and love every minute of it. literally, every weekend.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

im not even going to front, most of the time we watch it alteast twice. and we watch 1 and 2 back to back.......lol
      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

I am a closet ricer...

and until someone else starts paying for my parts... like it or leave it... but shaddup...unless it's a compliment...

oh and Mike... I really like your car...
        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Well all of you are correct. As more people come on into the community there are going to be diff. opinions. But if its not done right be that JDM or Kit they need to be told, not flamed. But if someone is running there mouth then sure tell them that. But i am sure we all were ricers at one point in time. Ricer = ignorant not bodykit and clear tails or fartcan.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
            my usename is what it is because i am about jdm cars have been even when it was considered stupid during the f&f days but the way i think is that any car with someones heart and soul poured into it deserves respect even if its not your style i love the way rebels car looks because the kit was done flawlessly and as well with primo i love his car but the way i choose to go is with simplicity and as many oem/jdm/edm parts as possible i dont do this for anyone but myself because where i live people dont understand why i wouldnt get chrome rims and a bodykit and graffix so i definately do it for my satisfaction and i also like to add that i dont care who you are everyone in the world has copied something they like myself included so nobody has room to say they started the trend
            You hit that perfectly I think...you stated exactly why what you do, and for that I have respect for you. You did what you wanted to do, but you're not ignorant to other people. But in the same, you're not forcing your beliefs onto other people. That's exactly what the community should be.

I mean remember, every car on here is owned by someone that loves their car. Their car is a reflection of them, not just a machine built by an assembly line, just for that, everyone on here needs to be commended.

Originally posted by DUNKiNUTS
            Ricer = ignorant not bodykit and clear tails or fartcan.
            I feel you summed up the sentiment exactly. I see the term being used far too much nowadays. I always thought it was the attitude of the owner, not the car itsself. Sure, there are cars that deserve that comment, but not all of themI mean since when were 17's that? I see that happening more and more. It often surprises me. Now M3 mirrors, ADR, Motegi, any other entry level wheel, any color other than stock interior, chrome, clear, etc are on that level? How much longer til Red/Clear is that and we end up back as OEM Accords at stock height?

When Projectors first came out, they were as expensive as one piece headlights. The first Altezzas are 150/pair. A good bodykit is as expensive as a JDM front bumper. Its just a different style.
            (Off-topic)

I have seen FnF 1 enough to know 90% of the mistakes, and I still wouldn't mind any of the cars from the first movie.

For the record, this is what my car used to look like, and sometimes I wish it still did.

Last edited by AccordWarrior; 03-17-2005, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'm feeling this topic... I agree with most of the stuff that has been said. The one thing that really gets to me is the whole pinstrip issue. Stop telling everybody with a pinstripe to shave it off... and NO.. I will not conform! lol.. The pinstripe will stay forever!
              1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

Nice thread, def. a controversial topic. I do my own thing, as you can see my car is short on mods, primarily because I'm a full-time college student w/a lackluster job. But people already know it has my touch.

For example, I shaved off my LX and Accord emblems today, leaving a few scratches behind (which I compounded a bit) and is hardly noticeable. I plan to throw on a used CD5 lip (got for free, has some scuffs, can't complain though) and drop it like its hot (H&R or Neuspeed Sport). The next thing will be its system, I need bass, so I plan to work on that before May. Then I will save for either an F22B or H22A (more likely to be a F22B because I don't know if I want to throw ALL my money into this car).

I could've convinced my parents to get me a new car, or bought a Civic hatch and swap motors, because I wanted to just go fast. But I chose this way to show people that, no matter what car you have, you can rock it harder than a Kansas city snackbox.

My car is MyDM. A mix of parts that I acquire at great prices, and def. I keep my shit clean, everyone can say that. I feel that Rice is anything that doesn't serve a purpose, so I avoid it. I don't like stickers or neon, or aluminum wings so I stay away from it. I like JDM, but can't afford it, well I could but I choose not to waste my money, and plus I have no hookups with JDM shit so I choose to not give the JDM parts slingers my money. Many of them realize that these parts are easy to make a profit off of and try to capitalize, I don't blame them, but I just choose not to give them my money.

I think I've stated my opinion wholly, thank you.
                '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

i dont bash anyone but i dont believe kits for the 4th gens wouldnt look right.

even when slammed, we still have a wheel gap and large rims dont help the wheel gap, a kit would make it look even bigger.

so that is why i dont have any cosmetic stuff expet for the amber lights, cusatom grill and shaved embelms.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

My whole opinion of it all is if you're gonna do it, do it for yourself and do it right. If you're modding a 12-15 year old car to pick up chicks, don't do it. I'm on the fence with kits, since I'm all about function over form- but I think most of the people with kits on this site have turbos or H22s, so it's nothing. The only problem I have with kits is they don't flow; if they were closer to the stock lines I'd prob. have one myself. I saw someone with the Buddy Club rear diffuser on a stockish bumper- it was hot! If all kits were like that I'd be all about them...

But anyways it's all about what you want to do. I would never drive a car like CustomLowz as that's not my scene, but the amount of work and the quality of the finished product is hard to argue with, and I def. respect that. And in any case, whether I like it or not, it's his car, so it doesn't matter anyway. Nobody has to defend their car.

If stuff didn't keep getting stolen/broken into I'd prob. have a fake-JDM style CB7, with the drop, a lip, and a not-rare OEM spoiler painted black. Then I'd switch it up a little with a black rear bumper, D2R HIDs, either a turbo or all-motor 11.0:1 buildup w/an H22 crank, and a secured sound system. Other than the body stuff it's all stuff I can feel, hear and use, which is what I want to spend my money on. Ultimately it's what you want to do...you can't please everybody all the time anyway, so you might as well do what you want.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I never say anything bad about someones car because its their own personal style. They can do what they wan't.

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

matter of fact im rockin the uni-swipe even though it annoys me i have it and that comes from my days of just wanting to modify no matter what i could or couldnt afford

"Tucking tires and wires."
                        The Chronicles.

Comment

AccordWarrior turned this thread to gold like rumpelstiltskin.. good topic

appearance wise, i dropped the JDM fad a while back because of how redundant it was becoming. now i've just gone with my own simple style that suits my tastes for a clean look. that's what i've always gone for.. a clean look, BUT with a touch of whatever was in style at the time... because you're always going to be influenced by your surroundings.. especially something like cb7tuner - where EVERYONE has the same car as you. just like in life with pop culture.. everyone wants to be/look/talk like whoever is in the spotlight at the time. its just how it is.

i've just learned that you waste time and money when you're fickle with your styles. thats why i've gone with a neutral look on my car that will pretty much always be in style. now i can concentrate more on the performance aspects of my car (suspension, power, drivetrain) and not be distracted by keeping up with trends.

plus, i personally like keeping my CB stockish, because i want people to KNOW they got beat by an old ass accord when they see me from all sides. i remember racing a friend of mine with his turbo jetta one night.. and he hadn't seen my car since i took off the big white rims and cf hood.. all that jazz. in fact, i was sporting the stock hubcaps and all. he had the most confused look on his face when i pulled up to him... "dude, where's the rims and stuff?"... "oh, they're gone now dude.. let's get the race goin' though". i'm sure he would have rather gotten beat by a car that at least looked fast. the feeling of beating someone with a sleeperish car is just as great, if not greater (for me), than having people stare at it because of it's style. it's just a kick in the face for people.. it probably feels just as good as literally kicking someone in the face i'm j/p.

i remember one quote; i think ACCLUDE91 used to have it in his sig.. "looks gets opinions, performance gets respect... which would you rather have?". not that my car is all that great in performance either, but that's my inspiration... and i think it's a fairly valid quote. but see, this is ME... other people might get more satisfaction about attracting attention from everyone with looks.

all in all, it's like choosing a clothing style or particular music to listen to... that's for YOU to choose based on who you are and what you like... and i see accordwarrior's point about some people jumping on bandwagons just because people are forcing them on and it's the "thing to do". but thats their choice and you don't see everyone doing it. prime example: rebels.. because he's taken so much shit from people about what he's done to his car.. but he really doesn't seem to care much. he likes it and that's all that matters.

and even if it's the "thing to do" (ambers, 5gen wheels, blackhousing)... but you LIKE IT.. go for it.

Comment

well i have my opinions..thats the reason i built my car in the first damn place because it was mine. Some ppl may not like it but hey its a "show car" and to the comment made i did do 95% of the work in my garage with a excellent set of craftsman borrowed tools. I have finished my car a total of 5 times now, and everytime there is gonna be someone who doesnt like it, oh well props to them when they get there ride done the way they want it, not the way i want it. its a 15 year old honda, and the manufacture is what most knot heads classify as a ricer, and ive been alot of places and seen alot of different manufactures cars that could be classified as rice. Even a few domestics. There isnt a person in the world who first saw clear taillights and thought wow, and if you say no, your lying. lol There is now the same folks that give me crap about my honda trying to say things about my lifted truck, yeah i need bigger tires and some exhaust work, but I have "spoken" to a couple of them on a personal level and let them know if they have an opinion thats cool but to sit and call my truck a POS, when its a 2004 with a whopping 24,ooo miles on it and they drive rusted fords, nah it doesnt sit well with me. i give props to anyone willing to take the effort to make there dreams and hopes come true no matter what direction that takes them in.

thank you.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

you have the right to all of your opinions. remember jdm or noy, kitted or not, they are still trying to do what they like. this is a sport, a hobby that we all like and if you want to be different more power to you. if you want to have jdm look same to you. remember, this isn't import life right now, this is the SPORT COMPACT world. by the way i dont own a honda anymore but i am open to many things and i work on those cars 10hours aday. and it sucks!!!!!
                              The beginning of a new era............................
                              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

All I know is that when i get my next accord. Im going with a Kit, h22a, red clears and thats about it for appearence.

I dont wanna be like everyone else. Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X