A serious Accord discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N1ghtM0nkey
    Welcome to Honda-Tech, I mean CB7Tuner, I mean...oh wait.

It's bound to happen, people seek acceptance by others. Anyone ever read some Robert Frost? Try "The Road Not Taken" on for size.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

The people who don't jump on the bandwagon because it's the cool thing to do, or the people who choose to ignore the opinions of others for their own tastes may start a new trend.

People will say "it's your car, do what you like" but what they really mean when they say that is "I think your car doesn't conform, and I don't like it because of that fact - however I don't want to jump on yet another bandwagon by making a negative remark about it...I trust you'll change it in the future."

Especially in a community like ours (the Honda community) where being called "rice" is the equivelent to being called homosexual or a burden on society...we're all afraid of it.

So what if my car doesn't run 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile and doesn't have all the latest JDM accessories and hoopla. Diversity is what makes the world interesting....

....and that's why communism doesn't work.

I disagree...if I tell someone "not my style, but good luck" I really mean it. If everyone was the same life would be agony. "Rice" is such a weaksauce term...someone's taste isn't something that can be debated...

I agree with you otherwise though. Personally, I don't care what people think of my car, and that's how it should be. I get shit for the electrical tape on my tails...but whatever. It's my car. People know it's me when they see me, good or bad...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

accords suck anyway.... civic > accord

just for this topic i'm putting crome rims and a body kit on my deuce deuce powered wagon..

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
        I disagree...if I tell someone "not my style, but good luck" I really mean it. If everyone was the same life would be agony. "Rice" is such a weaksauce term...someone's taste isn't something that can be debated...

I agree with you otherwise though. Personally, I don't care what people think of my car, and that's how it should be. I get shit for the electrical tape on my tails...but whatever. It's my car. People know it's me when they see me, good or bad...
        There will always be those few elitists out there.

i didnt know you have electrical tape on your tails. then again.. why does it matter? JDM as prob mentioned before is just another bandwagon. another synonym for "rice". Just DUMB marketing.. At some point people would like to be like everyone else, then at some point people want to be different, be original, however it is.......

I'm an former nissan guy (owned all nissans from when i was able to drive up til 2 years ago), and the 240sx community (well more like people that knew me), kept asking "why the f**K did you go to a honda? why are you going the other way around?" well my reason is because i wanted a car that carries more than 2 and a half passengers, and was cheaper to insure, and didnt sell for double blue book value. being its my only car. I didnt see drifting as "my way of life", I have school to finish a career to pursue.

My accord is for me, my style. my taste, and some of the things I did to my nissans carried over. some people that i know ridicule me for having wheel offsets lower than +40, and they think I'm an idiot for rolling my fenders. what if the color of my wheels contrast my car? oh well. First thing other people tell me is go get an h22 asap. NO. why cant i just keep driving on the original motor since there is nothing wrong with it? who am I trying to score brownie points with?. I dont know. I dont care.

Give me that confused look.. I don't mind.
        Last edited by Grant8311; 03-18-2006, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant8311
          There will always be those few elitists out there.

i didnt know you have electrical tape on your tails. then again.. why does it matter? JDM as prob mentioned before is just another bandwagon. another synonym for "rice". Just DUMB marketing.. At some point people would like to be like everyone else, then at some point people want to be different, be original, however it is.......

I'm an former nissan guy (owned all nissans from when i was able to drive up til 2 years ago), and the 240sx community (well more like people that knew me), kept asking "why the f**K did you go to a honda? why are you going the other way around?" well my reason is because i wanted a car that carries more than 2 and a half passengers, and was cheaper to insure, and didnt sell for double blue book value. being its my only car. I didnt see drifting as "my way of life", I have school to finish a career to pursue.

My accord is for me, my style. my taste, and some of the things I did to my nissans carried over. some people that i know ridicule me for having wheel offsets lower than +40, and they think I'm an idiot for rolling my fenders. what if the color of my wheels contrast my car? oh well. First thing other people tell me is go get an h22 asap. NO. why cant i just keep driving on the original motor since there is nothing wrong with it? who am I trying to score brownie points with?. I dont know. I dont care.

Give me that confused look.. I don't mind.
          That has to be some of the best "I do what I want" argument to date

The funny thing is that you do something different that isn't popular and people make fun because it's not the 'thing' to do. When you do something that IS popular, they say you're hopping on the bandwagon.

For example, when people buy an H22, everyone says "you're hopping on the H22 bandwagon!" No. You're putting in one of the best swaps you can get for your car. I personally wouldn't drop in an F22B1 for 50 less horsepower just because it's less popular!

Let me pose this question to those who like to criticize out-of-date styles... do you bitch when someone wears white shoes after labor day too?

Comment

i honestly understand what you are saying, when i first came here a couple of months ago and i started reading all the the threads i just assumed that this site was a "Keep it Honda, or else" board. in a way, i kinda liked that but i dont think anyone here should get bashed for it; cause if you know me you know that the one thing i hate the most is Haters! Before i came here i actually liked the kits and all that, now its like : If it does not make the car faster or lighter then i dont want it*. I just happen to like that idea!

Just so everyone knows if i had to list them my taste would be:
            • Black on black on black
            • Leather
            • Shaved
            • Clean interior w/ light Ice
            • Functional Customization that does not take away from the style
            • CF hood
            • Gloss Black rims
            • Clean Bay (all parts Gloss Black w/ light chrome)
            • Red/clears
            • I dont give a damn if you dont like it i like the Ebay projectors
            • Shaved moledings
            • CF Mugen Lip
            • 5% Percent tint. Bitch stop staring in my window!

If you dont like it Fuck you, Die slow!.....Ya Rat Bastards lol i aint' jumping on no ones wagon, you can jump on mines though. in the next year i will have everyone riding black/black/black accords. Point being: anything i do, i dont do it cause you do i do it cause i want to!
            Last edited by GameChewer; 03-18-2006, 12:41 PM.

Comment

i know from my own experience, when i was growing up in the Honda Scene, Body Kits where the shit + Racing Decals all over the car, i loved buddy club front ends and R33 kits, apex-i stickers, AEM stickers, blah blah blah, on the door's of cars, i was so hyped onto it, but then i started seeing it getting old cause i saw so many of those kits the same way, till i jumped aboard 3geez.com,
              i had the biggest beater anyone could think of, rust like a mofo, but i still took pride into it because reading what people did from ground zero to where they stand really showd me that something could be done...then i hear about JDM and started looking at that, at first i was ehh its cool, then after a few months or so i was like wow its different...then i signed on here and JDM just blew me away,
              people go through changes, some stay where they like while others may copy cat others just to make themselevs feel cool because they dont see anyway they can make their own car cool, i kno i use too but learned anything's cool, no car is alike IMO, just like no one is the same..
              i know its been mentioned here or in other post JDM has populated from the whole body kit scene into its own money pit, but its just a trend, like tommy hilfiger was and airforce ones....it'll calm the waters one day and people will go back to doing what they want.....
              93 Accord- SOLD
              94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

I dont disrespect anyone's ride on here OR the ones I meet.Personally I view it this way. YOU put the work into YOUR car and it gives you the satisfaction then be proud of it. You pay someone to do it because you dont have the experience or knowledge and dont wanna fawk your ride up, thats cool also. All I care is that your doing your thing and take pride in it. I know I just start working on my accord and everything so far has been done by myself. I know where I wanna go with it. People always ask me if Im gonna do a H22 swap for my F22A1.. No. Im not. I enjoy my little motor and love racing people for the fun of it. It give me satisfaction that I can out shift alot of people in faster cars. I'll give them a run for their money. I know my budget too. It comes down to I want MY car to be clean looking. But like i said before. You do the work. You have my respect. You pay someone because of lack of knowledge. You still got my respect. Even if you have the knowledge and dont wanna do it yourself. Cool thats what you wanna do. I'm here to gain information and share my enthusiasm of the auto industry.
                90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
                Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

Comment

Personally, I'm in love with the JDM style. I don't care if it's what everyone else has. I like my accord classy, yet simple and JDM parts seem to represent it the best for me. I respect kitted accords because alot of my friends are kitted and I know the work that's put into them.

Comment

personaly i agree that most people on this site has negative comments about just about everything IF it 1) isn't like their car 2) if it doesn't coincide with either turbo or H22 3) if they don't like the person who owns the car 4) if it doesn't fit in with the rest of the fads or other cars on the site.

what i would love to c happen is that everyone here respect each other's different tastes. and for the record...the term RICER is so overused it is not even funny. if i've said it once i've said it a hundred times....it's not the car that is rice it is the person and the reasons WHY they did certain mods.
                    o and i respect anyones car, regardless of what style it is, because either way the amount of time and money and research put into the car is usually insane. i will continue to go about my own unique path when building my cb7 and will use the knowledge on this site to help me do so
                    My members ride thread

Comment

do what you want, its your car, your project, and your dough, f everyone else, in the ends its all about you.

i think that constructive criticism is good, otherwise by now, i would hava a huge useless wing, leds all over the damn place, and probably some other useless items.

in the end, its you standing next to the car no one else.
                      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

i think we all pretty much understand that the negative comments are gonna continue...i'll admit that i am as guilty as everyone else that has posted "lose the tezzas, wing or whatever i thought was unsightly at the time." but i try (maybe not always successful) to add positive remarks as well as any negatives (based on my likes/dislikes) but like posted above, it's your ride...drive it.

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

If someone asks my opinion, I'll give it. I never attack someone's stylistic taste (hell, if altezzas, body kits, Z3 fenders, 18" rims, and aftermarket wings look so bad, why does kamaccord's car look so good? ) If someone seems to be leaning toward crappy mechanical parts, or misguided on their performance choices (like ignition mods... no significant power is gained with ignition mods on a stock car!) Even then, I try to be positive.

I agree totally about appreciating the work... whether it's done in the driveway or in a shop, yourself or a mechanic... it's still your car. You made the decisions (hopefully) and that's enough for me. You're making your car the way you want it, and doing it in a way you feel comfortable. Hell, I'm a better waiter than I am a mechanic... so I make the money waiting tables and pay for much of my labor! Well, I did... I'm getting my hands dirty more and more lately.

JDM is cool. It's OEM, but different than what we have here. It's not "different" in the enthusiast's world anymore, but it's different from gramma down the street! Kitted is fine too... and a good kit with a good paintjob looks quite nice. A bad kit with a bad paintjob (or no paintjob) looks like crap... and it shows. I appreciate the work, but I don't have to like the result! Clean OEM, or relatively so (sort of how I think of my car) is safe. You rarely offend someone when you have a slight drop, mild rims, and nothing sticking up where Honda didn't intend. Safe, but not much of a statement, if you're into really making yourself known!

Motor-wise, I find it funny that we, as Accord enthusiasts, so often think of the F22 as being worthless. Sure, it's not going to get you into the 12s NA without being heavily worked (if ever) but it's a good motor. I have an h22 and I love it. But I don't see anything wrong with a non-turbo F22A either. It's the motor that comes in the cars! 13-17 years old, and still being pushed hard with few problems... and so many of them! Way to go little F22!

Oh, and if you don't like your car anymore because people make fun of it, then give it to me.

Comment

Well, I love the Cb7s and the 5th gens happen to be my favorite as well.

But given the fact that, I want a black beauty, I just dread the common problems the carry.

Rust and the dreaded main engine relay frying.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I never had the main relay issue... and it's not really THAT bad... It's fixable.

The rust, that too isn't that bad, as long as you catch it early. $1000 at Maaco should get that taken care of (as long as they don't screw you like they did me!)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                                I never had the main relay issue... and it's not really THAT bad... It's fixable.

The rust, that too isn't that bad, as long as you catch it early. $1000 at Maaco should get that taken care of (as long as they don't screw you like they did me!)
                                Yeah I found a black EX for 2,995 at a local dealer, it has 195k but the engine looks like it went thru hell other than that the cars body itself is immaculate.

My time will come again lol. For now I'll just drool over your car and anyone else who owns a black CB.
                                Henry R
                                Koni/Neuspeed
                                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                                X