No announcement yet.

A serious Accord discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the almost stock look. So I don't like kits, crazy tail lights, etc. I'd rather put all that money into making it faster and better handling. That's not to say I don't enjoy some cosmetic mods. But they have to be subtle.

Now back a year or so ago I used to bash cars that weren't rocking the semi stock look like my ride. But then I realized I was descriminating and I didn't like that. I realized that I may consider it rice, but this person really likes the way it looks and that's all that matters. I now respect the time and effort they put into their rides even if it's not my particular style.

That's not to say they're aren't some awful looking cars out there.
    "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Well, I'm turning my car into an STS autocross car, so I have to live and die by a set of fixed rules of what I can and can't do. Semi-stock? That's me! H22? Not likely. Still, I'm amazed what people have been able to pull out of their cars, both in appearance and in performance. I just hope to one day have the best cornering machine on this site. By the way, how come I never see CB7's at car shows in my area (Cincinnati)? We need someone around here to represent, and mine won't be the prettiest gal at the ball until I'm finished modding the suspension and can focus on the paint.

By the way, if you really want to get ragged about your CB7, talk to my "little" brother who drives a 1977 GMC Grand Sierra 3/4 ton pickup with a lift kit. If my family doesn't have vehicular diversity, I don't know who does.
      I swear, eventually I'll run out of things to break.

I guess I was wrong... I broke it all. Died 10/29/06

Comment

OK, I'm gonna pull out my old slogan that I made up and had in my signature for MANY MANY years. I think it applies to this topic.

Looks get you opinions..........
        Performance gets you respect
        What do you want more of???

Basically saying that fads come and go and no matter what visual mods you do to your car you will have some that love it, some that hate it, and many others in between.

If you do performance mods to your car and do them right, you don't get the same biased opinions like appearance mods....just comments and questions. There are no fads in performance......the main goal is always performance. Unlike visual mods where there's a certain "look" you're going for and there's tons of different "looks" to choose from. It's almost hit or miss when it comes to visual mods.

I personally like cars with no appearance mods and all power mods like mine, midnite racer x's, BJaccord's, and others. Sure visual mods can add a nice touch if done right, but you will still have the opinions either way. You can't argue with performance. Whether you like it or not makes no difference becuase the performance #'s speak for themself.

I enjoy when people tell me how ugly or ghetto my car is because I know how much fun it is and how I built it for MY PURPOSES and no one elses. If you don't like it....good, cause it's not yours! ha!

So if you're sick of the comments and opinions about how your car looks, join the performance world and let the car speak for itself.

My Accord History:
        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

well I have to add some sort of word in this forum because well Im captain_K(my sig). I think i did good with the bolt on performance, then i did the exterior. I got the best of both and down here in the dirty south texas I get respect in both performance and looks.

Comment

Maybe so....but you'll still get opinions about the looks...like I'd go without the wing or altezzas and maybe use a rear bumper withut dual exhaust cutouts BUT THAT'S JUST MY OPINION haha

My Accord History:
            91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

well heres something a little different but still kinda on the same lines. Hyundai sonota looks like the new accords.

with that said. Its often easy for the new members to look up to the new members and use them as guidlines for what their car should look like. I'm not promoting copying but i'm just saying.
              my 91 cb7
              Originally posted by 4doorfury
              I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

Your car should look like what you want it to look like. Who cares who has what. Looks are always subject to change so what does it matter when it will change in the future. It only takes one stray rock hitting your car to damage the visual mods you did or at least your paint job. Why put so much time, effort and energy into makig your car look a certain way when it will never be totally done and it will never stay in good condition unless your car stays in a garage all the time and gets trailored to shows. I'd rather have a rough paint job so that when it gets scratched/dented (beacuse IT WILL) at least it will match.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by N1ghtM0nkey
                  Welcome to Honda-Tech, I mean CB7Tuner, I mean...oh wait.

It's bound to happen, people seek acceptance by others. Anyone ever read some Robert Frost? Try "The Road Not Taken" on for size.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
                  I took the one less traveled by,
                  And that has made all the difference."

The people who don't jump on the bandwagon because it's the cool thing to do, or the people who choose to ignore the opinions of others for their own tastes may start a new trend.

People will say "it's your car, do what you like" but what they really mean when they say that is "I think your car doesn't conform, and I don't like it because of that fact - however I don't want to jump on yet another bandwagon by making a negative remark about it...I trust you'll change it in the future."

Especially in a community like ours (the Honda community) where being called "rice" is the equivelent to being called homosexual or a burden on society...we're all afraid of it.

So what if my car doesn't run 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile and doesn't have all the latest JDM accessories and hoopla. Diversity is what makes the world interesting....

....and that's why communism doesn't work.

actually... not to shoot you down or anything... this was a poem that robert frost wrote to his friend who had an extrememly difficult time making up his mind. This poem was a little joke. 4 years of honors and ap english and this is all i learned.
                  my 91 cb7
                  Originally posted by 4doorfury
                  I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

speaking of Korean car brands anyone notice the new Kia Optima looks almost like a Nissan Altima?
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

So those of you that don't like kits, is it that you don't like them on any car, or just don't like them on Accords?

Comment

I don't like anything with the word "kit" in it. If you want to do something, I'm a big fan of making it yourself.

And this thread isn't all about kits, it's about the JDM thing, wheels, and so on.....any visual mod. Like I said, if you MAKE IT you get props from me. If you BUY IT and just slap it on, you get no props from me.

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                          I don't like anything with the word "kit" in it. If you want to do something, I'm a big fan of making it yourself.

And this thread isn't all about kits, it's about the JDM thing, wheels, and so on.....any visual mod. Like I said, if you MAKE IT you get props from me. If you BUY IT and just slap it on, you get no props from me.
                          wewt!

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/sockeating.gif[/img]

Comment

Aaron, your car is so bizzarre that I have to give you props. The dryer vent gets more originality points than anyone with a fully kitted car

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

I was just thinking too. To some degree we HAVE to be conformists.

There are only so many options/parts available. With over 4,000 cars on this site owned by people who want to do stuff to their car, you are bound to have some redundancy, especially if those people are looking for QUALITY parts (another very nice plus about the JDM stuff. It is so high quality, it is OEM).

Hell, with around 400,000 of these cars built per year, even if you leave it stock you are conforming.

Besides, if we were really all about conforming in the Honda Community, we wouldn't all be driving CB7s which are decidedly unpopular on the scale of Honda popularity.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                                There are only so many options/parts available. With over 4,000 cars on this site owned by people who want to do stuff to their car, you are bound to have some redundancy, especially if those people are looking for QUALITY parts (another very nice plus about the JDM stuff. It is so high quality, it is OEM).
                                This is certainly true, especially since a lot of us get our inspiration from other cars.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                                X