A serious Accord discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A serious Accord discussion

This will get flamed, this wiil get me flamed, but if it gets out of hand, its getting deleted. I won't use my mod power, I'll just delete it.

I just want to discuss the state of opinions/cars on this site.

Why has it all of a sudden been everyone has to have their car look EXACTLY the same? Lip kit, amber corners, 94-95 ex alloys, black housed headlights, etc, etc. I don't think there's anything wrong with that look, I do like it, but I just don't get why when people come on here that don't have that look they are told they have to have that look. I feel bad when I see a kitted Accord come on here. Usually they're torn to shreds by the 3rd or 4th post.

I guess what I"m just getting at, what happened with the whole community thing. WHat happened to originality? I mean maybe I'm just old school when I talk about this. When I got my car, it was right around the time the import market exploded, and everyone was just putting as much random stuff installed as possible, now its like everyone has to have their car look the same, and it has to be JDM. I just guess I don't get why people are so closed minded now. I mean not that there's anything wrong with JDM or rare parts, hell I know I searched a few years for what I"ve got, but that doesn't mean that I don't still want a show car.

I just don't get why when a kitted car shows up, it gets bashed to hell, or is like well, for a kitted car, its okay I guess. I mean I know a lot of people don't like kits, but to be like your car sucks, get amber and blackhousing so you look like everyone else? Its almost a situation of conformity is expected. That's one of the reasons I personally am keeping all my clear lights. The main reason is I like how it looks with my car, but another reason is kinda to leave the trends behind.

I guess its just maybe there's the inner person in me that wants a flashy, showy car. While you may not get respect from the "hardcore street racer" I can attest that riding in a kitted car gets you a lot more looks from girls and most people than a normal generic Accord.

I think I"m just fed up with the Anti-Rice sentiment. Yes, I have seen some things that look like they're in a series of decomposition steps, but in the same, a lot of work goes into these cars to make them like they are. I mean just the paint alone. Take Rebel's car, I'm sure he's got more in the paint than I do in the suspension/exhaust combined. I think that's the other thing too, that was especially brought up with the recent influx of the Z06 guys. Sure we banded together against them, but when you compare their community to ours. I'm pretty sure you dont' see posts l ike your car sucks or lose this and that.

I mean I know a lot of it is attitude of the person driving a car with Altezzas/Graphics/etc, but its just like it just doesn't seem fair that people come in here, post up something they're proud of, only to be told that their car should be made to look exactly like it did when they first got it, just lower. I remember back when KamaAccord (sp?) posted his car. He got a lot of flack, yet right now he's building a turbo H22. I love his car with the wing and such.

I just think that the whole conformity thing has been taken too far, I mean I know its just owe trend to the next, and I'm sure I got clear corners because they were in, but I guess just when you stand back its funny to watch everyone run from one trend to the next. THe last thime I checked JDM parts were selling for considerable less than a few months ago when the crazy for them was at its height.

I just want to see if anyone else has anything INTELLIGENT to say about all of this. No stupid ricers suck or something. I jsut want to see if I'm way off base with my views.

Ummm...it is because we mock that which we do not understand.

bottom line.
    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

when i i first came on the site i got a lot of shit for having a body kit by all the JDM freaks. did it piss me off? of course, in fact i never used to post here for that reason. eventually people became more respectful of the car (mostly due to the turbo), and the fact they realized im not a stupid ricer and i know what the hell im talking about (most of the time lol).

i havnt had a problem in a while on that issue

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I have seen alot of kitted cars not get bashed if it done right, But usally the people getting bashed deserve it
        Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 03-17-2005, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Well I think your right.

And since I dont own a an Accord anymore I'm kinda seeing it too. JDM craze has grasped a hold of everyone in the community. But I'd say the reasons why some of us choose to follow the JDM route is because, maybe some of us are tired of the clear lights or the bodykits in general, I even got flamed for looking at a set of clears for my truck and I got pretty pissed...but then again they're only words.

I mean its hard to say a person who mods their car to the limit of their own expense is doing it to reflect their personality. Its kinda like when Fast and the Furious came out everyone wanted 'kits , neons, euro tails and even strobes.

I had strobes, neons (interior) and I almost bought Euros but decided against them.

And I hate to put in this term Mike but you do have JDM Mirrors dont you?
          I mean we've talked numerous times off the board and you mentioned them.

Im not flaming so dont delete..this is an interesting topic to tackle and discuss.

A little JDM flare wouldn't hurt someone elses car, I'd do it if I really felt the need or had the money to do so...but If I did see someone with more JDM parts on his or her ride Id say they've either got the fever or there just doing it to look different.

As for everyone else who follows..dunno about that.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

seriouslly man this is offtopic what am about to say but .. your right at the point that people do go for the same look and same trend with amber jdm looks**** i know that theres been alot of flames on kitted accords and rice .. i guess people dont understand how other people feel about there cars . i was into jdm stuff way before i got to this site .. i really wasnt aware of what people thought of them . the way i saw things was as ***((wow in japan they have lots of kool options, let me start searching))))) thats it .. prices do go high for stuff on ebay but hey thats the name of the game . i mean i know you would like to make some money too if you where to sell parts not just jdm but other stuff too .. the way i see it is that we live in a world that evryone wants to be up there .. and have the best car out there ..
            "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

I think you are on base. However let me bullshit for a second.

"Why has it all of a sudden been everyone has to have their car look EXACTLY the same?"
              I don't know if I totally agree with this statement. I agree that people fall into trends and such, but for this site I think everyone pretty much has their different likes and dislikes in a car. Me personally, all this JDM hype means nothing to me where as a lot of people would disagree with me. There are a lot of differences on this site I think.

I mean I know a lot of it is attitude of the person driving a car with Altezzas/Graphics/etc, but its just like it just doesn't seem fair that people come in here, post up something they're proud of, only to be told that their car should be made to look exactly like it did when they first got it, just lower.
              It would help if you posted some examples of this. I know you gave the KarmaAccord example, but if you provided some links I think it would better support your stance.

I think you are smart for starting a good logical thread. Props!

Hope this was "intelligent"

Adam

Comment

Yeah I agree wholeheartedly with what you say. There should NEVER be a negative comment made about anyones car. If someone did something to their car it is because thats what they wanna do. If you disagree with them too bad, do what you want with you vehicle and be proud of it. The real concern is that people actually listen to what others say and fall in line. I've been into the racing scene much before F&F came out and ruined it and believe it or not, that stupid ass movie ruined the import culture. Not because of the flashy cars but because of the mentality that people have towards upgrading cars. It really makes me sick to think that so many people just do what they are told and always copy what they see. The real problem is that Honda..and I don't care what type of Honda you own, it's basically ALL been done. At this point it's best to do what you like and not let anyone sway your opinion...afterall, it is your car.
                ProjectParty.net
                Putting an end to the question, "What's going on tonight?"

"This generation has this universal sense of failure" - Kurt D. Cobain

CLUB 1320

My FOR SALE thread...buy my ish

Comment

Well this is an example (shoot me ok)

My car had those tails..I picked them up because I thought they looked cool. Then I posted them on the site and was told to loose them both.

My car was my car even though it was a rustbucket (Northeast is infamous for that) I took pride in it..I didnt care what anyone else thought.

I was known to my friends as Henry Honda and still am....

Its like if you do something you think is cool to your own vehicle others will judge you or tell you it looks *** etc. Shit like that.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by accord_inspire
                    seriouslly man this is offtopic what am about to say but .. your right at the point that people do go for the same look and same trend with amber jdm looks**** i know that theres been alot of flames on kitted accords and rice .. i guess people dont understand how other people feel about there cars . i was into jdm stuff way before i got to this site .. i really wasnt aware of what people thought of them . the way i saw things was as ***((wow in japan they have lots of kool options, let me start searching))))) thats it .. prices do go high for stuff on ebay but hey thats the name of the game . i mean i know you would like to make some money too if you where to sell parts not just jdm but other stuff too .. the way i see it is that we live in a world that evryone wants to be up there .. and have the best car out there ..

This was definitely not a knock on you Inspire, I hope you didn't take it like that. For example, you have a theme going with your car, and it all flows, you had a goal, much like I have one for mine. I'll admit I've got some JDM parts too stashed around that I haven't pulled out yet. But this is what got me thinking. I was staring at sidemarkers I got out of a deal and I'm like I could put these on, it'll be another part for the list. It was at this point I realized, its just like I'm putting this on so I can say I have the sidemarkers, not because I want to. I think that's when you start running into problems. You start doing it, not because you like what you're putting on your car, but you're doing what you think everyone else will like.

I am also aware that certain things probably don't look all that great. I mean I remember back when i almost bought an alumimum wing, but I remember thinking I needed to get a drop first.

I guess what I'm just trying to get across is it seems like there's such a degree of homogenity among our cars as of late, and if you're not like the other cars you're subject to comments.

For example take Kamaccord. These were the first few comments on his car.

sorry to say but thats some asian flavored rice fo ya, sorry man just my 2 cents
                    yeah that red kicks ass, eventhough i would have kept the stock bumpers and just added a 5th gen front lip. to each his own
                    btw im not trying to bang your car, it still looks good.
                    looks nice... except for the bodykit, headlights, altezzas and rims
                    I mean how would you feel if you posted your pride and joy and got that as a reply. Its like you don't look like everyone else, please leave. I just think that its something to think about. To each their own, but how much of their own is being shaped by everyone else?

Comment

wow if this thread doesn't just pull at my heart strings

right on, AccordWarrior

... i completely understand and agree for the most extent... beyond more than just looks - take my main thread on the V6 swap I have been through THREE DIFFERENT SITES and get met with "why don't you just do an H22?"

"Why don't you just..." what the hell is that? That wasn't an answer to my question, ths i Know for sure - i can't BEGIN to tell you how much i can't stand when people just fall back on trends and laziness, rather than use their brains, for once

And I'm sure that once I start posting up pics and plans for my car it's gonna start all over again with the looks, too -

But is other people's bs going to stop me? NO! And I guess all I'm trying to say is, in the end - part of me is going ahead with this project just for the sake of giving every other kid out their with a sense of independence and creative expression a bit of a voice

and, seriously, it's my money, dammit, i'll spend it how i want

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

Fact of the matter is. Hondas have been hooked up in every different way. At this time in space the general concensus is that JDM is the way to go. But if people don't start taking risks with askew options, it's ultimately going to get boring. Evolution is an ongoing, everlasting, unavoidable thing....whats next? Who knows.....go with the flow until you find you own original style. Like someone said earlier though, I don;t think any one persons car looks the same as anyone elses car...whats the difference anyway because non of us live close enough to eachother for the cars to clash.
                        ProjectParty.net
                        Putting an end to the question, "What's going on tonight?"

"This generation has this universal sense of failure" - Kurt D. Cobain

CLUB 1320

My FOR SALE thread...buy my ish

Comment

AccordWarrior, I've been waiting for a post like this for a long time. People here have changed a LOT. View my members ride page and check out the comments. The first pictures I posted up were right when it was sprayed blue with my first kit, invader c/f hood, and all that. People were in love with it.

I post up pictures of my car now, same body work as before, just a different color and a different body pieces, and I seriously get IM's saying to get a set of stock doors and paint the moldings. Honestly, if I wanted the side moldings, I would have kept them, as well as everything else I shaved.

I'm not biased when it comes to cars, people can do them how they want. Take BustedLX's old Accord for example.. no offense Jose but that car was beat on the outside. Rocking stock hub caps, dents galore, but that beat up car was smoking all of the cars we raced that day. It's not the fact of what the cars look like, it's the knowledge of the people behind the wheel and that person's love for this generation Accord.. honestly I would take no offense to anything he says about mine, or anyones, car because he's one of the smartest members on here and I am privileged to have a member like him around here.

Accord R33's car.. sexy ass blue. Phatdonut, awesome pearl white. AkkordLayinKit, just my style.. all shaved and kitted too.

Yes, I love the body kits, the body work, the paint, ect.. but just because I like body kits and big wheels and such.. that doesn't mean I don't like other cars. BustedLX's new Accord, I'm speechless when I see pictures of it. He has to have one of the nicest and cleanest engines bays around. Accord_inspire, he's into the JDM scene and thats cool but he customizes his stuff to be different. I think his car is hot, I'm not going to bash it because he doesn't have a body kit or shaved door handles.

I have to agree with you about people flaming the people with body kits, and the new ones who are just starting out. The first thought I bought was a set of 18" Tenzo R rims, altezzas, and window tint. Think what you want.. but I was sure as hell proud of my car and loved seeing it clean. I don't think it's right that all the "JDM/stock" people are bashing the kitted and show cars, because just as AccordWarrior said, I know I get more looks with my car than I would with a stock Cb7. Thats only a portion of the point though.. I like to help people out as much as I can about the experiences I've had with my car such as the body work and engine swap.

Hopefully from here on out it's less bashing and more respect.. I don't see the kitted people bashing on the "amber corners, jdm fogs, lips, ect.." but they seem to bash on us. Now if some of you JDM/Stockers would like to race some of us kitted cars, feel free. Accord R33, my self, Phatdonut, Kamaccord will be ready.. haha. Just kidding.. but let's make this more of a supportive community instead of bashing and hating on kits, since it's our particular style; as lips and stock parts aren't.
                          Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                          2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                          2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

rebels and accordwarrior you guys are right .. no am not taking this as a bad thing no flaming here .. promise .. but rebels your right i do get jdm parts but at the same time i customized them myself to be diff. but accordwarrior i completly understand your point . i really or i dont think i never bashed on noone's ride i think thats wrong .. i hope people can understand that evryone is diff... i did my car but i acomplished my goals .. i do go nuts once in a while about my parts due to it being rare and lots of people are looking for it .. am not greedy with sales or parts there is few peeps that i have delt with me and know the kind of person iam .. very responsible character here ..
                            "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

well put adam

i have a feeling this is going to turn into JDM vs kits. i hope it doesnt..

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Working...
                              X