No announcement yet.

A serious Accord discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought jason ment he didnt post pics because he didnt care what other people thought of his car..
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

10 buxs says i know what engine jason has!! w00t!! .. fucking bastard and ur good deals.. lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

OK.... me having been through the kit/rice stage and getting hell for it and then going JDM and getting hell for it, should be pretty knowledgable in this situation.

I had the kit cause I was into the whole F&F shit. I soon got rid of all that and went with more of a stock OEM look.

I then started seeing all the JDM parts for our cars (i.e. one piece headlights, curved fogs) and I liked the flow they put on the car. Then the power fold mirrors and bumper pole INTRIGUED me.

I got hella flamed for this whole change. But it was more for flow and intrigue than to copy ANYONE. I am loveing the stock look and would not go back to a kit.

BOTTOM LINE is:

ITS YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!! IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT NOT ANYONE ELSE!!!!!!!

He to his own is the way I look at it.
        "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
        sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
        Did work for: jhoff_cb7
        Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
          you must understand how humble 93accordex is... greddy lip on a cb7, he was one of the first... h22 swap... prelude seats in a cb7... advan wheels, and black with a blue lip at that... prelude wheels... 5th gen accord wheels... one piece headlights... flush mount spoiler... the list could go on and on. suffice it to say, he has been way ahead of the curve (2, 3, 4, and 5 years ahead!).
          Sorry Uncle El and 93accordEX, if it sounded like I wanted to "beef" with Jason, I was having a bad day and shit. Lol, anyhow, I don't copy anyone's car, but I do like a lot of styles I see. Sometimes kits appeal to me, but with the general boxyness of our car, I cannot see myself rocking a kit. Also, I love oem parts because of their assurance in being quality made, I try to utilize that solely.

But I have plans for my car, although it will remain with a stock exterior. And I need to fix this gap on my driver's side of the front bumper, arghhHH!
          '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
          -'93 AGP EX 4AT
          10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

I read the first page and the last page of this... I figured, if it went downhill, the last page would tell me so!

I totally agree with AccordWarrior on the fact that there is definitely a strict unwritten standard anymore... People expect one thing, and if they don't see it, they criticize. Honestly, I can appreciate ANY car if it is done right. Hell, I can appreciate ANY car that is actively being worked on (accordlayinkit for example... his car has been primered for as long as I've known him on this board, yet I still look up to him!)

The whole idea of customizing your car is about being original. AccordWarrior's description of the "standard" car is VERY close to my car! I had amber corners before I got my JDM headlights. I have a 5th gen lip. I'll have a nice set of OEM alloys VERY soon. However, I like what I have. There is nothing on my car that wasn't put there because I happen to like how it looks. I really wouldn't care if my car looked EXACTLY like someone else's, as long as I liked what I had.

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
              i thought jason ment he didnt post pics because he didnt care what other people thought of his car..
              perhaps

Originally posted by br0nx finest
              Sorry Uncle El and 93accordEX, if it sounded like I wanted to "beef" with Jason, I was having a bad day and shit.
              far from it... i was just saying that he's always been ahead of the curve... he doesn't toot his own horn, so i was doing it for him, lol.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Why has it all of a sudden been everyone has to have their car look EXACTLY the same? Lip kit, amber corners, 94-95 ex alloys, black housed headlights, etc, etc. I don't think there's anything wrong with that look, I do like it, but I just don't get why when people come on here that don't have that look they are told they have to have that look. I feel bad when I see a kitted Accord come on here. Usually they're torn to shreds by the 3rd or 4th post.

I just don't get why when a kitted car shows up, it gets bashed to hell, or is like well, for a kitted car, its okay I guess. I mean I know a lot of people don't like kits, but to be like your car sucks, get amber and blackhousing so you look like everyone else? Its almost a situation of conformity is expected. That's one of the reasons I personally am keeping all my clear lights. The main reason is I like how it looks with my car, but another reason is kinda to leave the trends behind.

Ok yeah you are totally right what did happen to originality yeah i agree with you and everything but to tell you the truth when i see any car with a body kit or clear lights it makes me want to throw up. Now dont get me wrong ive seen some kick ass body kits but, whats wrong with people when they think that its cool to throw a shitty body kit on a beautiful car!

I understand where you are coming from cause i feel the same way but, here in AZ i never see accords with amber corner lights, fender lights, jdm lips or jdm spoilers or just plain jdm style, its just not very common down here. So if i ever do see one i will be like holly shit that is clean. In my opinion i believe that the JDM look is a new trend, well down in phx. Oh yeah also if i where to see a accord with a body kit (painted!!!!) i would love it just as any other accord but down here every tuner you talk to says oh yeah and dont forget im going to get a body kit and im like cool man thats you style im not going to tell someone how they should make there car look cause everyone has there own style but it seems more and more tuners are going for the kitted look which is cool with me yep< but as for me i think ill go for that stock accord look always have even before i found out about this site just stock thats my modsss, except for the H22a. Well sorry if i disrespected any one which i hope i didnt, peace tuners.

Comment

Originally posted by HACORD
                  I understand where you are coming from cause i feel the same way but, here in AZ i never see accords with amber corner lights, fender lights, jdm lips or jdm spoilers or just plain jdm style, its just not very common down here.

Buddy has a point, a lot of cars on here do look the same, but then again we have the nicest 4th gen accords on the planet here. You should honnestly see the cb7's in my area.. its awful. I haven't seen one thats the least bit respectable.
                  1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

yeah mine is like me split personality (same lip as everyone) and a body kit side and rear...what can i say i like the front lip, waiting on some feedback on a rear lip from canada and goin with some different sides later this spring.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

How many kitted cars do we have here in CB7?

Comment

We actually have a fair amount of kitted cars... and a lot of our respected members are kitted!

Comment

i dont have a problem with kits i just hate it when people lower thier car like 5 inches off some coil over sleeve, ride steelies all around, paint it some obnoxious color, put on a 200 plasic body kit, and ride around thier one horse town like thier the shit. and as for the jdm thing just let the real jdm parts run out and then no more problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
                            i used to own a 74 corolla with solex side drafts and all of my friends have newer cars than me. people laughed at my car, but i guess those kids only cared about a civic dx lowered with an intake and muffler on it. then i came up with a 91 ef9 with a 2nd gen b16. i put an 89 mr2 side scoop on the hood right on top of the filter. of course i had to cut a hole on the hood. painted to match my car too. then i sold it. had to get a truck. still work on hondas 10 hours a day. it sucks.... have you guys seen the new HONDA RIDGELINE?
                            I drove by a local dealer last night just to see if they had the new shipments in...they had one that i think was already ordered damn what a beautiful truck.

Hey since you work at the Honda dealer do you know where they build the Ridgeline?
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I didn't read some posts so forgive me.

My opinion is simple and I am sure it is because of more rippled-effect reasons than just the bash thing. It is because of social pressure, and the effects that come with it. We feel rejected and ban together easily against someone or vice versa. Similarily, people are so insecure they MUST find themselves pursuing what others are pursuing simply because of the acceptance in society either socially, or judgementally.

Honestly I like the simple, sleeper look. I even find myself too band wagon because I want this or that, or the JDM stuff. I think the JDM craze is too much already at times. It has gotten to the point of a mirrored 'anti-rice' bandwagon as well. No matter what, our CB7s are left hand, and we will try damn hard but will more than likely fall short. But it shouldn't stop us from getting things we really want, simply cuz WE CAN"T get them in the US market.

I crave the 2.5rs subaru hood vents, and scoop. But I understand why, and think it is more of a necessity than a design style.

I wished social pressure would be more relieved and not so harsh. Sadly, it is how it is. We should make a thread that states, if you could, how would you dress your CB7. Of course plenty people out there don't conform to ANTI rice thing, and get their cars the way they like it. Mad props for it. They get a wing cuz they want to, and they get kits, neon lights cuz they are happy and joyful from it.

There;s a big difference between being humble and content versus fake posers that do that *** crap like put duct tape and sleep their eyes and blink their 240sx, and those steelies stuff. Too fake, makes me feel sorry for how things are.

Kits are cool, just i find it hard to accept it because i dont' really like it, exept maybe a skirt here and there.

to recap my thoughts:
                              I dont like it cuz its not aesthetically pleasing,(vs.) I do not like it because it isn't cool w/ the COMMUNITY, and i'll feel uncool if i don't get it.
                              hahahahah

Comment

for my opinion, i think the reason people have the same things on their car is because people are afraid to try out new things and be the pioneers into a new era of styling concepts. they're afraid of spending lots of money on materials to fabricate something nice looking to put on the car. if one thing goes wrong, or if it doesnt turn out the way they had planned, all the money goes down the hole. i forgot the guy's name, but the dude from the Netherlands with the blue cb7 with the hybrid civic/accord front bumper? yea, he had a good idea to mesh them together and it worked out great...

someone sooner or later is going to create something so great that everyone will turn to that or something similar if it's cost effective.

me myself i thought about doing a somewhat of a jdm conversion type thing, but i've decided against it. i even thought about doing a kit a while back, but i decided not to.... and about that clean/oem stock sleeperish look? its not really a "look"... i call it stock with some eye candy.... that's what plan to do... i just want to make the car look a bit cleaner, get rid of those dated OEM corner lenses with clear ones and those old red/amber to red/clear tail lights to spiff up the car and a nice set of wheels to add some personality.. and just wash and wax the thing... that's it.

but yea, originallity is hard to come by without ideas and money

Comment

Working...
                                X