Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please remind me why the CB7tuner scene matters anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even the manuals aren't all created equal. I've read some crazy stuff in the Chilton's manual!

The thing is, wen evry1 be typin like dis wen askin 4 advise den u cant tell wen da advice iz bad yo.
    Though I just assume anyone that can't figure out how to operate a keyboard probably is no more capable with a wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Even the manuals aren't all created equal. I've read some crazy stuff in the Chilton's manual!

The thing is, wen evry1 be typin like dis wen askin 4 advise den u cant tell wen da advice iz bad yo.
      Though I just assume anyone that can't figure out how to operate a keyboard probably is no more capable with a wrench.
      Werd 2 d mudr

I always get the original shop manual for the types of cars that I own.

My wife is on Facebook and shows me pictures of friends and family posing for the pics in extremely stupid poses

Lmao at them
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX View Post
        its why i said it is my opinion sir.

-sean
        and i said i dont agree with you. lol whats the issue?

i dont check the fb group or vouch for that cesspool. ive been coming here daily for ten years. all i said is that i dont agree with your generalization of facebook as a whole.
        Last edited by J-specCb4; 12-12-2013, 02:49 AM.

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
          and i said i dont agree with you. lol whats the issue?

i dont check the fb group or vouch for that cesspool. ive been coming here daily for ten years. all i said is that i dont agree with your generalization of facebook as a whole.
          I don't think hes arguing with you, just merely stating some obvious and true facts that facebook has created as a bi-product of its existence and how that influences him(me too) to think FB is whack.

People do ruine marriages all the time over FB, just like people get their houses robbed for posting plans of vacations.

I get what he is saying. Not taking sides, but it has always been my suspicions of the net that has stopped me from being more personally involved. You could search hi and low and never find a single picture of me online, nothing about my house, my childrens names, wifes name, etc etc.

Its cool that FB works out for you, but, you should atleast acknowledge the points being made. The stuff he is talking about really does happen. I bet you don't post pictures of your house/address and when you are going to be out of town-but other people are stupid and don't get that. You probably don't do it because you know better, not because you have been a victim of that type of crime.

But that does happen.

Haven't you ever experienced someone that has more or less damaged their social skills by being too dedicated to the CPU? Someone who cannot talk to people in person and has no social skills at all-thrives online. FB allows people like that to obsess over shit like "likes" and "status" and "updates" all day long.

Rekindling a "friendship" with an ex lover from a decade ago will never work out to benefit your current marriage. And lets face it, if you haven't talked to your "friend" since 10th grade, he probably wasn't really your "friend" in the first place and there is a reason you lost touch.

Was life so empty without reconnecting with your "10th grade" memories?

Just saying that I agree with Sean and its nothing personal. I think the net CAN be cool for people to network and handle business and shit. BUT, its just not for me to be so personal online because of all of the "other" sides of the equation. My employer wanted me to have some online shit at a few different business sites and I had to have my lawyer type some letter up about basically it being unconstitutional to force me to offer my personal information online and then they finally backed off about it.

I mean, if hackers can get into the FBI infrastructure, I don't trust anything on the web. NOTHING. So, the only way to actually manage that is to make sure you put NOTHING out there in the first place.

My thoughts...
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post

I mean, if hackers can get into the FBI infrastructure, I don't trust anything on the web. NOTHING. So, the only way to actually manage that is to make sure you put NOTHING out there in the first place.

My thoughts...
            Posted via an online profile
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            Originally posted by deevergote
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

It's true, it's a completely frivolous thing. Totally unnecessary, and often abused... but I don't think it's a bad thing when used in moderation (like most things.)

Aside from the automotive idiots and the people that get all worked up over poorly-researched political propaganda, I enjoy most of the interaction. I can keep in touch with friends, relatives, and acquaintances regularly without having to devote the time necessary to call or visit. When I do have the time and desire to hang with those people, it gives me a good way of arranging it (especially since many people in my life don't answer the phone anymore...)

Still we're deviating.

Oh, and Bohn, I don't think I ever realized that was you!

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                . And lets face it, if you haven't talked to your "friend" since 10th grade, he probably wasn't really your "friend" in the first place and there is a reason you lost touch.
                i make that exact example to people all the time. i just strongly disagree with facebooks existence. i can't blow my nose these days without seeing a facebook logo. even the corporate pigs know that facebook is a strong brainwash tool. its a damn shame is all.

p.s. since i dont have a facebook. did deev start the cb7tuner facebook page? and if not then dont you think he would have, if he wanted it on there.( so as to get back on topic)

-sean
                Last edited by 93twodoorLX; 12-12-2013, 06:20 PM.
                Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

No, I didn't start it. I don't even know who did... and I had initially tried to get it shut down. I figured I might as well embrace it and at least TRY to steer it, rather than have it shut down only to watch it reappear elsewhere.

There are two Facebook pages associated with the site. One is the "unofficial" Facebook Group that's jam-packed with morons, and the other is the "official" Facebook Page, which isn't a forum/chatroom setup. It's actually useful for site announcements. Ikayto was in charge there (he created it with my permission), but he's been busy. It's been rather neglected lately.

Comment

Respecting ones, "self work" is learned and finally appreciated, by those whom you would like to become friends.

It does not take money to put time and detail into ones endeavors, it takes patience and the blood dripping love and passion for it.

The process of pushing yourself to overcome the fear of doing something you've never done before on your own pride and joy. the anxiety and worry of doing it wrong because it's your daily driver, and then on your first attempt, walla! you failed and are sick at your stomach. but next weekend you spend every hour redoing everything you did in hopes this time you learned and it will work! That's the people who I befriend and support on these sites. I love doing for those who try over and over to do for themselves first.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

lol done with this thread... this has been taken so far out of context its ridiculous.
                      Last edited by J-specCb4; 12-12-2013, 09:28 PM.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Since you like Facebook it is obvious you are a Nazi-apologist. Fight me irl

NOTE: This is sarcasm

Originally posted by Maple50175
                        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                          Since you like Facebook it is obvious you are a Nazi-apologist. Fight me irl

NOTE: This is sarcasm
                          Would communist-apologist be accepted
                          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Jesus fucking christ.

If you can't handle Facebook, then just don't use it.

The fact that over a billion people use it, and manage to have fulfilling lives means you're wrong. Get over yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                              Jesus fucking christ.

If you can't handle Facebook, then just don't use it.

The fact that over a billion people use it, and manage to have fulfilling lives means you're wrong. Get over yourself.
                              I would be willing to bet that PLENTY of people have suffered by some means or another because of FB. Shit, a million people could have a bad experience and that would still only be like .9998% of the population on FB.

Riddle me this though batman;

Why do people so feverishly defend the site against the obvious flaws and issues that are created by it- if they themselves aren't in denial of the KNOWN flaws? I mean, why did this conversation turn the way it did? Nobody said anything negative about FB that isn't true is some avenue or another.

Its all the PRO FB posts that are so aggressive in nature and defensive.

Peoples houses do get robbed because of FB. Some people do suffer socially because of FB. FB has ruined plenty of marriages. People that are so desperate for friends-THAT THEY FEEL THE NEED TO RECONNECT WITH A FRIEND FROM 20+ YEARS AGO IS JUST SILLY. AND THAT DOES HAPPEN ALL DAY LONG.

So, whats the deal here? Nobody is like "If you like FB you are a terd" or whatever. The only people getting offended or being overly defensive are the ones advocating for FB. Like we "dont know better" or something.

Seriously. You make the assumption that a billion people are happy and fulfilled with their lives including FB, well, what about all of the KNOWN bullying that has already led to suicide?

You telling me that those people had a better life because of FB? You telling me the people that bully anyone to that extent are better off because of FB? Their lives are better with FB than w/out it?

I just don't follow that man, I don't. Not at all.

You can easily say it works for you and thats fine. But to try and act like the shit I am bringing up isn't real is just silly. It works for you, great. Are you really trying to act like you have never heard of a house getting robbed, a spouse cheating or someone killing themselves all specifically because of FB?

Seems like the pro FB people are quick to defend precious FB, but, lets just not talk about the truths that come along with it or how someone might reasonably choose to avoid it because of that stuff.

Get over yourself? Shit, seems like you guys are the ones needing to get over stuff. Nobody is slandering anyone here, but you guys are acting like this shit being mentioned doesn't happen or something just because it hasn't happened to you.
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

yes people misuse shit every day... chainsaws have killed people... should we get rid of those too?

what you are doing is faulting facebook for people not being able to handle their shit. period. dont put all your information out there, and use some tact with your privacy settings and you avoid everything you are so upset over.

FB didnt ruin any marriages or relationships... its a means of communication. how people use it is entirely up to them.
                                Last edited by J-specCb4; 12-13-2013, 08:21 PM.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X