Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please remind me why the CB7tuner scene matters anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell phone cameras today are better than the majority of digital cameras a few years ago!

It's not so much the cameras... it's the cars. Good photography and good equipment can make a crappy car look better, but a crappy camera can only make a good car look so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
      People generally take pictures with "crappy" camera phones these days. Back in 2008 if you wanted to take pictures you used a actual digital camera.
      Well that's a changing demographic too.

I've never owned a DSLR. My Go Pro only slightly makes the cut.

My S4 has something like double the required pixels.

I also think the requirements for the submission are keeping people away.
      I have rust or shitty paint from every angle of my car.
      It also needs a car wash before I or anyone else takes pictures.
      Cars like this tend to be on the cheaper end for people who are low on the totem pole.
      I'm no exception. I leave my house for work/school when it's dark, and I get back when it's still dark. That leaves very little room to wash my car and get it ready for pictures, that still will have poor body panels from whatever angle I choose.

Not saying that's the case for everyone, but I'd bet others have similar circumstances.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

The submission requirements are the same as always (due to the image requirements imposed by Cafepress.) A few of the old submissions were rejected for being too low quality, and some cars show visible damage... but plenty of them were still good enough, and pictures taken with pride.

We apparently don't even have enough people now that are proud enough to try to send submissions!
        We've been doing the calendars since 2006, so people should know year-round that getting featured in a calendar is a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The submission requirements are the same as always (due to the image requirements imposed by Cafepress.) A few of the old submissions were rejected for being too low quality, and some cars show visible damage... but plenty of them were still good enough, and pictures taken with pride.

We apparently don't even have enough people now that are proud enough to try to send submissions!
          We've been doing the calendars since 2006, so people should know year-round that getting featured in a calendar is a possibility.
          So then I will find a good one of my car and make sure that it is the correct size

And I will be supporting my car and tell people I meet about the site
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

You've always been a big supporter of this site and this scene, Bobby.
            Most of the people that have replied to this thread are a large part of the reason why this scene is still worthwhile. I only wish such people were the majority, and not such a significant minority!

Comment

You've always been a big supporter of this site and this scene, Bobby.
              Most of the people that have replied to this thread are a large part of the reason why this scene is still worthwhile. I only wish such people were the majority, and not such a significant minority!
              I still talk about my Cosworth Vega and basically speaking i am most likely the only one within 50 miles of NYC

To promote a site you have to talk about it with non members

Comment

Today's youth is on the decline. It's not necessarily a lack of enthusiasm, there's been quite a few new members in the beginner section and a couple that seem to have knowledge of these cars or cars in general. It's just none of them have the discipline to take time to read or just can't respect simple rules and guidelines.

Honestly if it wasn't for this forum I'm not sure how interested I would be in cars to the extent that I am because of what I've learned so far. So personally I'm really thankful for it.

And I joined the Facebook group just to see what the fuss is about and I'm about to unjoin already haha. All their questions could've been found on the site. I feel puerile greeting their cars noticed would be better here as well so you don't have to scroll all the way down the page.

Anyways. The reason my car isn't helladopeslammed is because of what I've learned here and my car means too much to me to risk crashing it on cheap shit. Too bad all the idiots can't have their own blocked off road to take each other out when one causes an accident that would weed em out.

The Facebook group

Comment

To add to that:
                  If it wasn't for this forum, I would've gotten a new car long ago.

I don't do it often enough, but Thank you Deev.
                  MRT
                  37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                  30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                  27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                  Originally posted by Tippey764
                  I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  sneaky motherfucker

Comment

It's one thing to have a shitbox and know it... and know that you have your work cut out for you. It's another to act like it's something great, and get offended when someone on the internet doesn't agree.
                    A Veyron has much higher quality parts , therefor , your car is cheap in comparison.....

So I'm going to insult your cheaper car...... and you of course wouldn't be offended by that.

No really.... Me saying your car is crap compared to a better car , is in no way like you saying everyone else's cheap cars are crap and yours is better.....

Comment

If you were an actual cb7 fan , you would like all of them no matter what....

Whether they are crappy or mint... I don't care .... I'm just glad to see them. I'm happy just to see them driving around still rather then being crushed.

I'd rather see 1000 crappy cb7's still taking people around then 3 good one's with a closed mind angry stubborn guy waxing angrily because the world isn't the way HE wants it.

I can't even imagine if you were a vw beetle fan...... all those half ass painted hippe bugs and art cars.... so unperfect....

Comment

Originally posted by emosun View Post
                        A Veyron has much higher quality parts , therefor , your car is cheap in comparison.....

So I'm going to insult your cheaper car...... and you of course wouldn't be offended by that.

No really.... Me saying your car is crap compared to a better car , is in no way like you saying everyone else's cheap cars are crap and yours is better.....
                        a Veyron owner won't get his hands dirty wrenching on the car and eric the car guy doesn't do videos of Veyron repairs

so give me my cheap car car and let me be happy

Comment

it doesn't matter anymore because i left.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Deev, I don't know that I can say anything to change your mind; I feel you on the calendar issue, and where it's stemming from in general. I happen to be one of those that drive's a shitbox and knows it, and fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on perspective) that shitbox is in good enough condition to get me from A to B. I would love to dump a bunch of cash into the car and make it what I want, but I simply can't afford it at the moment. I imagine there are quite a few folks that fall into this category, and in all honesty, that is exactly the value in this site for me right now. I can cheaply, and safely, keep my vehicle in good enough shape to do the things I need it to do until I can find the means to do better.

I do enjoy the community and reading about all of the things everyone has going on in their lives or elsewhere and cares to share. I check cb7tuner.com regularly just to see if there's anything posted I might find interesting.

It would be a real shame, IMO, to see such a core member of the community leave. I hope you're getting from this thread whatever it is you wanted in order to stay. If you feel you should distance yourself from the Facebook community, why don't you? If you want to help, well, that's a noble cause, but don't let it detract from your own endeavors if it's just going to stress you; you're only human.

Thanks for keeping the site alive Deev, and the rest of the community for that matter; I couldn't have asked for more since joining a little over a year ago.

Comment

if it wasn't for this site I probably know jack about cars, being my first car. It give me a sense of accomplishment to work on my own car and having the resources to do it(CB7tuner) because it has been done before and is covered. Because of the wealth of knowledge here I've been able to do my own;

-timing belt/water pump and all associated seals
                              -change my struts and springs
                              -upper control arms
                              -anything bushing related
                              -ball joints
                              -sway bar install
                              -etc

Honestly saving myself a ton in labour.

I really do appreciate this site and will support it with memberships as long as it remains, its small but at least I can contribute.

I think we owe Deeve a huge thanks for running the place, I know he didn't start it but he runs it like his own baby.

So Thank You Mr.Deeve.

I know I'm not a OG and no one knows me but I appreciate everything.

On the facebook topic: it recently started showing in my news feed and I happened to click one today and some dude was saying "CB7tuner stopped helping me out" so I told him "CB7Tuner gave up on people who can't be bothered to look around a bit. It's 10+years of knowledge."

that group is a joke just from skimming through it, people too lazy to come here and look around or pick up a manual, people who want to be spoon fed answers.
                              MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
                              1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

I agree with alot of the points made here. Im one of the people that still cares. Never been on facebook once ever. I love my car and have spent over 4 years now rebuilding it. Alot of the people I see seem to think they are just cheap point a to point b cars. They work for that because they are fairly reliable.

Fyi deev, I would send a picture of my car but it is still in my garage and im still re-wiring it.

Comment

Working...
                                X