Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please remind me why the CB7tuner scene matters anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I swear, the Facebook group is ruining it for me. Nothing but halfassed cars, unsafe mods, completely wrong information, idiot kids (and worse, adults) typing like they're in 2nd grade...

Worse yet, everyone is expected to be "positive and supportive".

Is this what the CB7 scene is about? Is this what we've become?
    The forum activity has slowed down considerably since the Facebook group emerged. I'm sure a good number of you are active on that group as well.

Anyway, I'm asking you guys to show me some cars, point me to some projects, show me ANYTHING to remind me that this scene isn't all about ebay sleeves on stock shocks, $35 HIDs in stock housings, rattle-can paintjobs, and wheels that don't fit.
    In this case I will not show you a pic of my car Mike. But I am still around and still waiting for the time where I can find some time to start the project.

PS still have all the parts in the garage. $ 2k worth of it.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
      In this case I will not show you a pic of my car Mike. But I am still around and still waiting for the time where I can find some time to start the project.

PS still have all the parts in the garage. $ 2k worth of it.

The fact that you haven't given up yet is an inspiration in itself!

Comment

Just got a box of OEM Honda parts. I'll be asking for help tomorrow.
        Thanks Mike
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I know this isn't a CB but I think it is the most appropriate place to share these photos.

I saw this car at the Fall Import Alliance meet this year and it blew my mind. From a distance, it just looks like another scene with mis-matched panels and steelies. I don't have anything against that, everyone starts somewhere and I have known plenty of incredible builds that were driven on steelies with mis-matched panels at some point.

However, as I got closer I realized it was more than just a few off panels. Every single detail I saw was worse than the last.

After seeing the front bumper and Junction Produce headrests I couldn't determine whether this was some sort of elaborate ironic build or was simply some kid who read a few threads on Honda-Tech and decided he new the formula to be a "Cool Kid."

It wasn't until I saw the wheels that I realized it wasn't some kid's way of making fun of the scene but was simply the product of someone short on money but even shorter on sense. The car had 8 lugnuts.

Two for each wheel. Not that it mattered, he only had 10 lugs to mount to anyway so he really wasn't skimping all that much given the number of mount points. I REALLY wanted to meet the person who drove this monstrosity and see how it drove but sadly the guy never came back to his car in the 30 minutes I waited around near the end of the event.

With the advent of the internet and social media I think the scene has really been hit hard by everyone trying to "Keep up with the Jones." No longer is it about the few guys you new around your area that you hung out with but it's about the hundreds of thousands of people around the country who are all vying for the same likes and shares. I mean, when forums really started to take off there were certainly a few people who were building their cars just for the notoriety but I think the vast majority were building their cars with more in mind.

I also think part of it has to do with the fact that you used to not see these cars because the coverage wasn't as big. Before Facebook and the spread of the forums how many modified cars did you see around? Pretty much just what was local to you and the few cars you might see in a magazine from time to time. These were always some pretty well put together cars. So, I think part of it has to do with the fact that it's easier for someone with a shitty car to share it with the world than it was 5-10 years ago.

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
            I know this isn't a CB but I think it is the most appropriate place to share these photos.

I saw this car at the Fall Import Alliance meet this year and it blew my mind. From a distance, it just looks like another scene with mis-matched panels and steelies. I don't have anything against that, everyone starts somewhere and I have known plenty of incredible builds that were driven on steelies with mis-matched panels at some point.

However, as I got closer I realized it was more than just a few off panels. Every single detail I saw was worse than the last.

After seeing the front bumper and Junction Produce headrests I couldn't determine whether this was some sort of elaborate ironic build or was simply some kid who read a few threads on Honda-Tech and decided he new the formula to be a "Cool Kid."

It wasn't until I saw the wheels that I realized it wasn't some kid's way of making fun of the scene but was simply the product of someone short on money but even shorter on sense. The car had 8 lugnuts.

Two for each wheel. Not that it mattered, he only had 10 lugs to mount to anyway so he really wasn't skimping all that much given the number of mount points. I REALLY wanted to meet the person who drove this monstrosity and see how it drove but sadly the guy never came back to his car in the 30 minutes I waited around near the end of the event.

With the advent of the internet and social media I think the scene has really been hit hard by everyone trying to "Keep up with the Jones." No longer is it about the few guys you new around your area that you hung out with but it's about the hundreds of thousands of people around the country who are all vying for the same likes and shares. I mean, when forums really started to take off there were certainly a few people who were building their cars just for the notoriety but I think the vast majority were building their cars with more in mind.

I also think part of it has to do with the fact that you used to not see these cars because the coverage wasn't as big. Before Facebook and the spread of the forums how many modified cars did you see around? Pretty much just what was local to you and the few cars you might see in a magazine from time to time. These were always some pretty well put together cars. So, I think part of it has to do with the fact that it's easier for someone with a shitty car to share it with the world than it was 5-10 years ago.
            From the looks of the pics I think that car is a trailer queen.
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Trailer queen? Trailer trash, perhaps.

Comment

Trailer queen?

Who the fuck has money for a trailer, a towing vehicle, and a complete RHD swap but not the $40 required to get brand new lugs and lugnuts?

Even then, so what if it is a trailer car? The idiot kids who don't know better will walk by the car and think that's acceptable which just sets the precedent for dangerous builds.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Trailer queen? Trailer trash, perhaps.
                  HEY! I'm trailer trash, and I have all my lug nuts.
                  Originally posted by Mishakol129
                  Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                    HEY! I'm trailer trash, and I have all my lug nuts.
                    to quote and rip-off Larry the cable guy

i am happier tonite than a tornado in a trailer park

Comment

Because the OGs are still around to support you and to remind you we're doing it right.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

You will always have the people who go cheap and don't understand the true meaning of loving a car. These are usually the people who you stated deev, blow their motor and call the car crap.
                        I personally have gone through 3 motors since I've owned the car, however i learned from it and found i love this car.

My car has been sitting for 3+ years now with no engine in a garage waiting for me to return home to finish it, but i still collect parts for it.

No matter what you will have those dedicated and those that aren't. Humans in nature are not patient, they don't want to take the time to make something beautiful, instead they want quick, easy and ok looking, just to brag their car is fast for the few months it runs.

Stay strong, there are still rising stars in the forum and they are usually the quiet ones.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Anyway, I'm asking you guys to show me some cars, point me to some projects, show me ANYTHING to remind me that this scene isn't all about ebay sleeves on stock shocks, $35 HIDs in stock housings, rattle-can paintjobs, and wheels that don't fit.
                          Deev, my front wheels don't "fit" but oh well

Sorry for the shameless plug, but I thought I would be well out of this CB scene by now. I'm not sure what's holding be from leaving, but whatever it is, I'm thankful for it. Its the few good builds by informative members, friendly competition, and the quest for new boundaries that keep us driven. There are still a handful of us legitimate CB lovers out there, most just hiding in our caves to come out when we can.

As always, to each his/her own on their build purposes, styles, and attention to detail - I'll let the owner choose their balance between function and form. I can appreciate a high horsepower track build just as much as a pristine low mileage OEM car, a tasteful weekend warrior build as much as a full out stanced car. When something is well thought out and executed with quality work, a true enthusiast will always appreciate it.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                          11.68 @ 127mph
                          417whp/375wtq
                          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                            When something is well thought out and executed with quality work, a true enthusiast will always appreciate it.

Thats it right there.
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I'm getting fairly sick of FB, near the point of getting rid of it. But my family and close friends are so spread it's a nice way to keep updated. I put a cheap front lip on my car accidentally because I thought I was ordering the real deal. I'm an advocate of supporting those who support the scene. Don't cheap out on anything. Hell, I've spent 600 on my headlights alone and about 10k and it gets less attention than a slammed pos on XXRs. Social media has done a good job destroying the youth. Life has come down to how many likes you have and how many hash tags you can figure out to throw in a post.
                              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

speaking of fb, i have stated b4 that i do not and will not have a fb page. my wife does and i tell her all the time to NOT and i repeat NOT post any pics with me on the site.

i loved boost lee's video plug

Comment

Working...
                                X