Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please remind me why the CB7tuner scene matters anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think what bothers me the most is not the seemingly endless number of people that want to unsafely modify their cars, but the ones that get offended when anyone suggests the risks involved. Regardless of age, the resistance to intelligent thought is disheartening.

I'll have entertaining discussions about engine mods that I think are dumb (stock block turbos, head swaps...) but those things are nothing more than a matter of reliability. If they break, the owner is merely inconvenienced.

There are SO many cheaply/unsafely done suspension, wheel, tire, and brake mods going on lately that it's just terrifying. Half of it is for vanity (low offset wheels cambered because they look "cool"), and the other half are done because people are broke (ebay coils on stock shocks.)

Comment

What I really dont like abot the facebook page is people are assholes. I get so tired on people nipicking every little thing in a post. Posting info that is not even remotely true info or just posting random ass things when ppeople are looking for help. To me that shows the when no rules are present the majority of cb7tuner members are assholes
      visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I think what bothers me the most is not the seemingly endless number of people that want to unsafely modify their cars, but the ones that get offended when anyone suggests the risks involved. Regardless of age, the resistance to intelligent thought is disheartening.

I'll have entertaining discussions about engine mods that I think are dumb (stock block turbos, head swaps...) but those things are nothing more than a matter of reliability. If they break, the owner is merely inconvenienced.

There are SO many cheaply/unsafely done suspension, wheel, tire, and brake mods going on lately that it's just terrifying. Half of it is for vanity (low offset wheels cambered because they look "cool"), and the other half are done because people are broke (ebay coils on stock shocks.)
        If you think it's bad in the import scene, you should take a look at minitruckers. They all have the "built not bought" mentality, and many of them have no clue how to build it. I've seen more cringe-worthy shit on so many trucks, if the scene was larger, I'm sure people would be dying. I'm talking guys that cut their frame and suspension up and try to build a 4-link without knowing how to do the math required to even keep the axle straight, let alone ride well. Many are running bags with no shocks at all. Bird shit flux-core welds everywhere. Cutting seatbelt mounts out. Cutting huge holes in everything with no reinforcement.

I've seen more than one guy that wanted to drive his truck before he finished building the rear suspension, so they jerry-rigged it with some ratchet straps or some shit.

Dragging is possibly the most unsafe thing I've ever witnessed, also. The ones that don't want to drag holes in their frame on the highway (which is a form of stupidity I can't even fathom) will weld large nuts to the bottom of their truck and screw towing hitch balls into them to drag. On more than one occasion, I've seen them hit a small bump while dragging and tear off one or multiple trailer balls, and one of them went through the radiator of the truck behind them. I now will never hang around if people start to drag.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I've been trying. Apparently, I'm just a disrespectful idiot.
          I'm just going to start saying "cool car, bro!" to everyone with a piece of crap.
          Encourage everyone who suggests [Insert unsafe mod here], except for those in whatever area you're in and Metro Detroit.

Then, we'll be able to thin the herd!
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

That wouldn't be so bad, i suppose.

Unfortunately, those people will also be putting innocent bystanders at risk, as well as our freedom to modify our vehicles. Enough crashes will eventually result in stricter laws for us.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
              Encourage everyone who suggests [Insert unsafe mod here], except for those in whatever area you're in and Metro Detroit.

Why detroit?
              visit vgruk

Comment

Because that's where Geoff lives.

Comment

Because that's where Geoff lives.
                  Exactly.

Although, here we need signs to say that:

A) You must still stop at a Michigan left

B) When you finally do go, do not cut across all (4 in my case) lanes of traffic

Edit: Actually, we just need more traffic cops and harsher punishments. The shit I see people pull is outrageous.
                  MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I think the cops there are doing what they can to stop people from stabbing and shooting and stealing from each other first...

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                      I think the cops there are doing what they can to stop people from stabbing and shooting and stealing from each other first...
                      Well, technically I'm outside of Detroit. Detroit the cops don't do anything, unless you're actually downtown Detroit.
                      The outskirts you're on your own.

The drive I'm talking about is from Telegraph in Southfield up to I75 in Auburn Hills.

Telegraph is really about it. I can handle 75 pretty well. It's just these Michigan lefts that confuse the hell out of people.

Anyway, the cops up here rarely do speed traps. Or anything traffic related.
                      I used to speed heavily on Telegraph, but someone pulled out in front of my when I was doing 80.
                      I almost killed us both, and I roasted bald spots on my tires.

A combination of a constant vibration from them and realizing that I have people that care about me has kept me slowed down the past few months.
                      Going 30 over on 75 is safer then 30 on Telegraph.
                      MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post

Maybe encourage the rusting fad in the engine bay. No safety hazard and it still thins the heard.
                        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                          Maybe encourage the rusting fad in the engine bay. No safety hazard and it still thins the heard.
                          DIY CAIs are the way to go. Deev knows.

Let's say the best place to put it is in the rear cross member. There's plenty of space, just watch out for the brake lines
                          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Putting water in intake cleans the air and adds 10 WHP!

Comment

Sand in the intake manifold will port and polish the head!

Comment

Damn, I might even try that, it's so stupid it may just work.

Comment

Working...
                                X