Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please remind me why the CB7tuner scene matters anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what you mean Deeve, but I remember you kind of predicted it before. Not the Facebook thing, but you once mentioned that the older our cars get, the more chance this forum would become like the 3-geeze forum. A lot of people have moved on to newer cars, but the true enthusiasts from years ago are still around but no longer active as much. The Norcal and Socal forums have been very inactive lately.

I am a member on those Facebook forums, but I don't post on them much. It does hurt to read the stupid questions and answers people post on there.

I still have a lot of plans for my CB, but I'm definitely not as enthused as a few years ago. Mainly I've gotten older and have other priorities and interests. I do see the enthusiasm in the newer members though, which is awesome.

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
      The Facebook tuner scene is for people who get half-assed parts for their cars are generally for posers. Then there are the ones who can't afford the good quality parts to put on there cars and actually lack the knowledge or determination to do what it takes. One of them is to aquire general knowledge about cars or specific cars from informative forums like Cb7tuner.

I definitely can agree that without cb7tuner I would have not gotten a vast amount of knowledge that pretty much gives me the overall advantage that most people do not have when it comes down to cars.

Comment

Lest we forget the cleanest cb7 that has ever graced this forum:

And when I get to feeling like this, I just simply watch this video:

Aznkid's EX-R.

Reminds me of how fun and solid the cb was as a chassis and how much fun it was to drive.

Let all the bs fall by the wayside.

Always remember, we look to the past to see where we are headed, never the present.
        Last edited by Ralphie; 12-05-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

I just ordered a new hood latch and hood latch cable straight from honda, and I'm going to make a thread asking why this is the third time I'm replacing them.
          MRT
          37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
          30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
          27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
          Originally posted by Tippey764
          I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
          Originally posted by deevergote
          sneaky motherfucker

Comment

i do sorta agree with what deev is saying..i don't come on here as much since I found all the cb7 groups on fb including my own..obviously it boils down to the ease of it all..if someone uses fb daily they will always check new postings etc on the cb7 groups..deev even helps out in the fl group at times and I thank him for that! I don't know if it will stay or eventually go.. but I still check here daily from my phone..i have it open as one of my tabs and always hit refresh everytime to check out updates from MRTs

Lou's Build Thread!
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
            "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

I also look up to how much work LadyG has put into her car (some day I hope to have a car as awesome as hers is, with my own personal touches of course. It want it to be MINE not a copy)

I stopped looking at that FB group because they were all stupid punk ass kids and I couldn't stand reading some of the stupid shit they posted.
              Last edited by Honda_Lady; 12-05-2013, 11:38 PM.
              1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
              1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
              1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
              1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

I don't facebook either

for me this site is all I need
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

im thinking about an oem respray and putting my car back together to just have around for old times sake. car has a ton of old school cool parts... may as well throw it back together.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                  The Chronicles.

Comment

I grew up along side you guys. Started lurking as a youngin, never made an account because I wasn't old enough ( many forums had age limits, I think I was the only one who feared lying about my age with the consequence of the FBI busting through and arresting me ( yes my big sister said all that and scared me- ultimate troll)

But I learned alot about life, reading posts from here, from unfortunate endings of relationships and he needs help finding himself. To dating advice all the way to life advice : all while building our CBs.

I'm now getting serious, especially now that my girlfriend is motivating me, but I need to get past a few hurdles you all got past.

Isn't it better to have a small forum community, with quality builds ? Honda society was good until it was mentioned in the magazine, now idk, it changed a bit ( new members with half-ass stuff ) or maybe I'm going crazy..

Comment

Not to toot my own horn:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=42390

Although my paint is fucked, and the car hasn't moved in 3 months
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter
                      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

It's not so much a Facebook problem as it is a problem with today's youth. I'm a firm believer that the government should reintroduce the secret sterilization programs from years back to prevent a lot of the current population from reproducing. Some of the idiots that post on Facebook have to remind themselves to breathe so forming complete sentences and refraining from asking stupid questions in a word vomit manner is too high of a demand.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

A number of the Facebook conversations I've had recently are with guys that inform me that they are married with children, and that it's not their first time at the rodeo.

It's one thing when you talk to idiot kids that don't know any better. Sometimes they might actually learn. The older guys are the saddest ones, though. They think they have the knowledge and experience necessary to do things right, and they defend their idiotic decisions vehemently.
                          I can't tell you how many times I've been called an idiot on Facebook. Or how many times I've politely commented on someone's unsafe suspension (to educate, not insult), and got attacked for "hating".

Anyway, thanks guys (and lady) for this. It's nice to be reminded that there are quality people in the scene, who actually care to maintain/modify/restore their cars with care.

N9netwoAccord, at least your wheels were straight!

Comment

I dont have any pics but I am doing a lot of stuff right now.

I am very close to doing a manual swap. I just need more parts.

I am buying a hood bra soon along with a new set of fogs
                            Around tax time im going to be buying a super cup kit
                            Im looking into fixing my hood and other cosmetic fuck ups

Im still in this scene more than ever.
                            visit vgruk

Comment

Yawn

I feel you deeve. From my perspective, i don't do facebook and the activity on the forum has changed drastically over my tenure. I do think all of the additional forums/groups etc damages the ability to be serious.

People act stupid at place A, feel stupid, leave and go to place B until they burn that down too. Pretty much how internet forums work it seems.
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
                              X