• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Status Quo View Post
    Hey Guys!

My Names Mark,

I live in Michigan... duh! haha

I drive a 1993 Honda Accord Lx. Mostly stock for now.

I've done basic work to it... (New Struts, Starter, Distributor Cap, Plugs and Wires, Tires, fuel and oil filters... etc.) Basics just to get the car running well.

Now its time to put some real work into it!

I look forward to meeting ya'll!

~Mark
    He's gonna fit in very well.
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Just curious, would anybody be interested in some decals that say, "MI CB7 CREW"? I have connections through work and I could get these made if enough guys are interested.

Comment

Mark,

Welcome and nice work on maintenance. Engine, drivetrain and suspension does the vehicle run properly? It idle around 700-800 rpm consistently? Just curious. If not, I can help get it running properly. At the meet, I'll be the one looking under your hood.

Kevin,

I would be, as long as decals are small (like rear quarter window). I do not like larges ones like windshield banners.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
          Mark,

Welcome and nice work on maintenance. Engine, drivetrain and suspension does the vehicle run properly? It idle around 700-800 rpm consistently? Just curious. If not, I can help get it running properly. At the meet, I'll be the one looking under your hood.

Kevin,

I would be, as long as decals are small (like rear quarter window). I do not like larges ones like windshield banners.
          Yup she runs pretty well… hahaha uhmm… There are minor issues with suspension that I have to figure out... (It feels like I have a loose bolt in my rear driver’s side.) Like where the base of the strut connects to the suspension on that c clamp. (maybe mixed up other bolts with metric..?) That is my guess… I had a lot replaced under there… and something tells me that a mechanic ran out of the right size bolt and put a slightly thinner one in. I replaced my struts originally, but due to lack of tools I had them replace some of the framing down there. >=-[

I’ve also done several wheel alignments, but they just can’t seem to FIX IT! Man alive that’s a pain! If I had the tools I would just do it myself. It pulls to the left when accelerating and pulls to the right when decelerating. (I might have that backwards... don’t quote me on it)

Uhmm she also shifts a tad hard. (Already had tranny flush) as well as a series of other flushes… some I have done manually to make sure there done right… (Crankshaft… etc.) I think I might just be asking for new soon…

Uhmm what else…? When snow leaves, will try and do some body work. (typical Honda rust on quarter panel)

Need to fix a door handle that someone yanked on too hard. (now have to open from outside)

Once I have all that done… (Most of which I can do myself and will require just some time)
          I will be in good shape!
          Last edited by Status Quo; 01-27-2010, 12:45 AM.

Bought From:
          CB7 Sleeper
          illestatus
          HondaFan81

My Ride:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...92#post2587592

Comment

Originally posted by Status Quo View Post
            Yup she runs pretty well… hahaha uhmm… There are minor issues with suspension that I have to figure out... (It feels like I have a loose bolt in my rear driver’s side.) Like where the base of the strut connects to the suspension on that c clamp. (maybe mixed up metric bolts with others..?) That is my guess… I had a lot replaced under there… and something tells me that a mechanic ran out of the right size bolt and put a slightly thinner one in. I replaced my struts originally, but due to lack of tools I had them replace some of the framing down there. >=-[

I’ve also done several wheel alignments, but they just can’t seem to FIX IT! Man alive that’s a pain! If I had the tools I would just do it myself. It pulls to the left when accelerating and pulls to the right when decelerating. (I might have that backwards... don’t quote me on it)

Uhmm she also shifts a tad hard. (Already had tranny flush) as well as a series of other flushes… some I have done manually to make sure there done right… (Crankshaft… etc.) I think I might just be asking for new soon…

Uhmm what else…? When snow leaves, will try and do some body work. (typical Honda rust on quarter panel)

Need to fix a door handle that someone yanked on too hard. (now have to open from outside)

Once I have all that done… (Most of which I can do myself and will require just some time)
            I will be in good shape!
            Mark, sounds like you could use one of many things suspension wise. Ball joints, tie rods, something along those lines.

As for the tranny flush, did you actually have it flushed? Or was it just drained and then refilled? There is a big difference there. If you end up needing a new transmission, I can hook you up with a good source. I got my transmission from them for $120 plus $126 shipping. Very cheap, and the transmission seems to be in pretty good shape. Cisco told me so anyway, and I trust him. Lol, he has my new motor and my trans at his house right now.

For the door handle, and other parts just in case you may need anything else, here is a great place to go to. They specialize in Accord parts and have close to everything you will ever need. TASauto.com

GET A PHONE MAN! We got to hang out. I can also help you out with repairs and such. I have some tools, but not much. I can still get some work done though.

Comment

Kevin,

Oh yea, it will be small like that. I wasn't thinking anything crazy, lol. I was actually thinking the rear quarter window originally.

Comment

Mark,

Sounds like your engine runs fine, but you have safety issues with your suspension. Your description does not sound good at all.

What is the background history on this car? Salvage title and repaired, unibody damage?

That rear suspension needs to get checked out by someone trustworthy. I would not recommend driving that car until it is fixed.

Why do you make assumption of mechanic lacking proper fasteners? Why was he doing this in the first place?

If an alignment can not be done on vehicle, you have components that need replacing do to major wear OR bent/damaged parts. If damaged, question is why?

Has the tranny been flushed and filled by Honda dealer with Honda ATF? Any tranny related codes in sync with these issues? If you're tranny is 200+ miles, I too would lean toward newer tranny. Most in this area seem to have problems at this mileage.
                Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-27-2010, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                  Just curious, would anybody be interested in some decals that say, "MI CB7 CREW"? I have connections through work and I could get these made if enough guys are interested.
                  I wouldnt mind having one in my window.
                  Oh!, and welcome Mark!
                  Did you say you do body work such as rust repair!?!?

Comment

Mark,

Sounds like your engine runs fine, but you have safety issues with your suspension. Your description does not sound good at all.

What is the background history on this car? Salvage title and repaired, unibody damage?

That rear suspension needs to get checked out by someone trustworthy. I would not recommend driving that car until it is fixed.

Why do you make assumption of mechanic lacking proper fasteners? Why was he doing this in the first place?

If an alignment can not be done on vehicle, you have components that need replacing do to major wear OR bent/damaged parts. If damaged, question is why?

Has the tranny been flushed and filled by Honda dealer with Honda ATF? Any tranny related codes in sync with these issues? If you're tranny is 200+ miles, I too would lean toward newer tranny. Most in this area seem to have problems at this mileage.
                    Everything possible suspension wise basically HAS been replaced! haha (and I am not kidding either! haha!)

Someone ran into the drivers rear side. and pushed the wheel up under the car. (didn't know how to drive a clutch and lost it) cost me over 600 bucks because he took off. still haven't found the guy... >=-[ anyway. I replaced everything going all the way across in the rear. Other than that its never been in a wreck.

Yes it has been "flushed" with Honda ATF. I think I am just going to be requiring a new tranny soon.
                    Last edited by Status Quo; 01-27-2010, 07:56 PM.

Bought From:
                    CB7 Sleeper
                    illestatus
                    HondaFan81

My Ride:

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
                      I wouldnt mind having one in my window.
                      Oh!, and welcome Mark!
                      Did you say you do body work such as rust repair!?!?
                      Hi!

Thanks!

Personally no. I don't... I am going to be doing some work on my car, but I am looking for a welder as of now. (I have only done small jobs on my own vehicles.) but I don't do it for a living or anything... its just me experimenting.

Bought From:
                      CB7 Sleeper
                      illestatus
                      HondaFan81

My Ride:

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                        Mark, sounds like you could use one of many things suspension wise. Ball joints, tie rods, something along those lines.

As for the tranny flush, did you actually have it flushed? Or was it just drained and then refilled? There is a big difference there. If you end up needing a new transmission, I can hook you up with a good source. I got my transmission from them for $120 plus $126 shipping. Very cheap, and the transmission seems to be in pretty good shape. Cisco told me so anyway, and I trust him. Lol, he has my new motor and my trans at his house right now.

For the door handle, and other parts just in case you may need anything else, here is a great place to go to. They specialize in Accord parts and have close to everything you will ever need. TASauto.com

GET A PHONE MAN! We got to hang out. I can also help you out with repairs and such. I have some tools, but not much. I can still get some work done though.
                        I might be requiring a Tranny Soon! haha especially if its that price.

Bought From:
                        CB7 Sleeper
                        illestatus
                        HondaFan81

My Ride:

Comment

Im SOOOO Happy!!! I finally got my wheel bearings from T.A.S. today! unfortunatly i wont be able to take them to be pressed on the hubs until monday.
                          But on another good note! I replaced the oil pan gasket and dizzy o-ring!

Comment

Question for the wheel guys. Would these fit even though the bore is larger than 73.1
                            http://www.jlbmotorsports.com/rims/k...#CountersteerR

Comment

Mark, if I take your statement for the truth (with no exaggeration) on the all rear suspension parts being replaced.

Then, I would say your unibody is damaged, not straight. No amount of new parts will fix that problem. If that is the case, you are better off location another straight body CB7 and transferring all your new parts.

Comment

I have a sample of the decal for us. "MI CB7 CREW"

The one I have is 3x16 or something like that. It is huge, but the actual ones will not be this big, I just did it as a good example. I'll post a picture when I can.

Comment

Working...
                                X