This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
    Completed my bro's F22a4 90 EX quick engine refresh. Drove it in to work, already have 100+ miles. By end of this week I'll know if gas mileage and oil consumption rate improved. Regardless, it runs well and no leaks, overheating, etc.
    I'll be checking the thread for updates
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
      Completed my bro's F22a4 90 EX quick engine refresh. Drove it in to work, already have 100+ miles. By end of this week I'll know if gas mileage and oil consumption rate improved. Regardless, it runs well and no leaks, overheating, etc.
      It seems like that project took you awhile to finish? but atleast its done!

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
        It seems like that project took you awhile to finish? but atleast its done!
        Nah, I don't think it was that long. Considering the man had to work, deal with the family, and worked it around a couple holidays. I'd say it was pretty quick for all the work that was done.

BTW, Nice work Cisco.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
          Nah, I don't think it was that long. Considering the man had to work, deal with the family, and worked it around a couple holidays. I'd say it was pretty quick for all the work that was done.

BTW, Nice work Cisco.
          Exactly. I worked on it leisurely since Thanksgiving.

Originally, it was getting the head reconditioned and reinstalled, which would have taken me one week. One weekend to remove, during week shop completes work, then another weekend to reinstall. I was on track for this, then piston rings had to be replaced. At that point, I told my bro that with holidays coming, you are on my time and I will complete it a leisurely rate.

Actual work time took probably about 3-4 casual weekends. I know my way around these cars and especially the F22ax.

Anyhow motor has about 250 miles so far and runs well.

To give you more detail on what was done:

** All front engine seals, dizzy O-ring, timing belt, water pump, BS belt removed, valve cover gasket kit, rocker arm O-rings, fuel filter, K&N air filter cleaned/recharged, coolant flush, MTF change, all recently, prior to this project. **

- All coolant hoses on IM replaced.
          - Heater hoses (coolant) replaced.
          - Cleanded motor oil deposits out of inside IM from bad piston rings.
          - New oil pan gasket, cleaned oil pan, new oil pickup gasket.
          - Cleaned original pistons well, including ring grooves with took 20-30 minutes each!! Hardened carbon deposits, stubborn to remove.
          - Honed cylinders, new OEM piston rings installed, cleaned cylinders very well.
          - Removed and had stock head fully reconditioned.
          - New headgasket, oil jet orifice gasket.
          - New negative battery terminal cable.
          - New IM & EXH manifold gasket.
          - Readjust valve lash.
          - Transfer better condition camshaft to original cam gear, new camshaft seal.
          - Transfer better condition rocker arms to original valvetrain.
          - Oil change, then another after 15 mile drive.
          - Primed engine with oil before firing.
          - New spark plugs, wires.
          - Set base idle & ignition timing before 15 mile drive.

That's what I can remember...basically did any preventative maintenance necessary while there.
          Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-05-2010, 05:28 PM.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Yea, I was sure you could get that done sooner, but due to the circumstances, it took some extra time.

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!!!

I ordered my engine and transmission! The JDM F20A DOHC and my new low mileage automatic transmission are on their way!

I am sooo excited!

Comment

well, my visit to the shop wasnt to surprising other than the fact that they charged me for a vibration test that i didnt ask for and i knew what was rattling and they knew what was rattleing cuz they did it! (welded in new cat without hanging pipe properly) Anyways, my lower BJ's are bad and my rotors/wheel bearing need to be replaced! YAY!!

Anybody want to help?

Comment

Nate,

PM send. You need to do all those repairs, which should include replacing front brake pads (if you get new rotors). All of these repairs are definitely of SAFETY CONCERN.

Drive your car minimally, get this taken care of ASAP!

Kevin,

Super excited bro, can't wait to get my hands on a JDM F20A DOHC for first time. I also look forward to a drive when all done, see how it responds compared to F22ax.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Cisco, PM sent!

Kevin, man! i cant wait to hear that thing Rawr!

Comment

You guys will see it at the Spring meet.

Comment

I thought you would have went with a manual swap? Was that just not in the cards or do you like the luxury of an auto

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
                        I thought you would have went with a manual swap? Was that just not in the cards or do you like the luxury of an auto
                        Not in the budget. I do like the luxury of an auto. Not many people build on the automatic transmission. Wanted to be different, experience something new, gain some knowledge that others can come to me for in the future, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                          Not in the budget. I do like the luxury of an auto.tu:
                          Everyone has their preferences! *cough* MANual!

Comment

Originally posted by nate'scb7 View Post
                            everyone Has Their Preferences! *cough* Manual!
                            Lmao!

Comment

That's so funny that my car is in the sig for Pazzword JDM. This almost completely stock-replacement car with an oil and transmission fluid leak, and squeaky belt made it into this stylish photo. That's probably the only picture of my car that will make it onto this site (since I don't know if I'll ever have a MRT)

Comment

Guys, I went to see Avatar in 3D at eMagine Novi on Friday, and I saw a turquoise CB7 EX sedan in PERFECT condition! The stock 15-spoke EX rims were SPOTLESS! It was beautiful. She looked day 1 stock. It had the white interior. Do any of you know who this could have been?

Comment

Working...
                                X