Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ONEKLEAN91 View Post
    Hell yeah man!!
    The H22 is a beast dude! Still working some things out with it but it's close now. I need to go get it tuned soon though.

Originally posted by lilb_1979 View Post
    Wow! Car is looking beautiful! Wish I was still in SC, I would of came and helped with the swap. Would of been a good learning experience. Hurry up and get the 1 piecers in!!
    Thanks bro! Would have been cool to hang out again, but it's all good. I'm actually waiting on PasswordJDM to start selling the JDM headlight subharness kits again before I install the 1-pieces...and I need to blackhouse them too.
    Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
      I'm actually waiting on PasswordJDM to start selling the JDM headlight subharness kits again before I install the 1-pieces
      talk to joshy, I know he makes them.
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
        talk to joshy, I know he makes them.
        Thanks for the head's up man. I'll pm him in a min.

Think I pretty much have the swap bugs all worked out now...except for the sometimes stalling issue during quick deceleration. I'm working on it though and now I'm starting to get ready for the ECHM on June 30th in Richmond, VA. Can't wait!

Updating my 1st post now too.

Comment

Just a little update.......

The stalling issue seems to have worked itself out, thankfully. I'll be taking the car to Phantasm in Raleigh, NC on Sat, May 5th to have the chipped P28 installed and tuned...can't wait! I'll def post up pics of the dyno sheet once it's done.

Planning on buying a new O2 sensor and a set of poly sway bar endlinks & bushings for the front sway bar. Since the swap is complete I'm shifting my focus to replacing/upgrading all the suspension pieces now. After that I'll be getting a set of '99 CL hubs for the rotor over hub conversion along with new rotors & pads. Then the rear drums will be getting the rear disc swap to finish off the braking setup. I want to get this all done before the end of Summer in preparation for the AFM roadtrip...hopefully.

I'm also working on a plan to paint the car before the ECHM at the end of June. Trying to make a final decision on whether or not I should color match my side moldings though...what do you guys think? I have a new set of rims picked out too but that'll only happen if someone buys my current set. We'll see. I still like the set that I have, just thinking about changing it up a little bit with something different.

Comment

Very nice, very nice. I love that you did a 180 and decided to put a H in the car instead of getting rid of it. I smiles when I read your post about hitting vtec for the first time in all gears When you had your painted VC, how did you sand down the VTEC letters? & did you keep the H22 fuel rail and run a new line to the banjo bolt?

Comment

Car looks good man!
              I didn't realize that phantasm was still open! I used to run around the capital blvd area back in the day.

Have you checked out National Speed out of Wilmington? I hear they're one of the best shops on the east coast.

Keep up the good work
              92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
              2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
              2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Damn this thing has came a long way. Keep it up Kris.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                  Very nice, very nice. I love that you did a 180 and decided to put a H in the car instead of getting rid of it. I smiles when I read your post about hitting vtec for the first time in all gears When you had your painted VC, how did you sand down the VTEC letters? & did you keep the H22 fuel rail and run a new line to the banjo bolt?
                  Yeah, truth be told, I'm not sure if I could ever sell it. I've had this car longer than any other (11 yrs...2nd owner) and it's just too much of a part of me to get rid of. With that said, VTEC is awesome! It'll be even better once it's tuned and the suspension rubber is updated/upgraded.

As far as the valve cover...it was powder coated white to begin with so I used that as my base coat, then painted it with Honda colormatch paint from Advance, then I sanded the letters back off with a fine grit sanding block (320 grit I think) and finally I sprayed the entire piece with hi-temp gloss clear. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out too.

I actually removed the JDM H22 fuel rail and replaced it with the H23 fuel rail that I had so that the fuel line would bolt up on the correct side without having to modify anything. Easy and simple solution to that problem.

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                  Car looks good man!
                  I didn't realize that phantasm was still open! I used to run around the capital blvd area back in the day.

Have you checked out National Speed out of Wilmington? I hear they're one of the best shops on the east coast.

Keep up the good work
                  Thanks man and no, I haven't heard of them. I know a few of the guys at Phantasm though and trust their work.

Originally posted by Vila View Post
                  Damn this thing has came a long way. Keep it up Kris.
                  What's up bro!? Yeah, it's def come a long way since it's stock beginnings...was actually just thinking about that the other day. Can't wait to get her painted soon...she deserves it!

Comment

From what i see and hear about them they're pretty good.

Here's one of their latest projects.
                    2010 Accord Stock Car
                    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                      From what i see and hear about them they're pretty good.

Here's one of their latest projects.
                      2010 Accord Stock Car
                      Interesting...the owner of that car, Robert Tighe, owns a shop in the area that I live in. Shop name is RTR and I've actually been out there a couple of times before. They were wanting to tune my CB for me but I know the guys at Phantasm a little better. Although, I never did ask how much it would be for them to do it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
                        I actually removed the JDM H22 fuel rail and replaced it with the H23 fuel rail that I had so that the fuel line would bolt up on the correct side without having to modify anything. Easy and simple solution to that problem.
                        O'really? are you no longer using the OBX Fuel Rail that I put on for ya?
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                          O'really? are you no longer using the OBX Fuel Rail that I put on for ya?
                          I used it for a little over a wk but gas kept seeping out of a few of the plugs and where the fuel line connects to the rail so I removed it. I just took the H23 fuel rail off the old motor and connected it up...no problems since. Didn't want to mess with the H22 fuel rail since it's a JDM motor and the fuel line connection is on the driver side instead of the passenger side...but you know that. I appreciate the work you put into it though bro and I might just get some thread tape and redo all the plugs so I can reinstall it in the future...we'll see.

Comment

Update......

Took the CB to Phantasm Motorsports in Raleigh, NC today to have my chipped P28 installed and tuned. Turned out to be an all day adventure but was well worth it because now it's running like a champ! Can't thank the guys at Phantasm enough for all the hard work! Unfortunately the dyno was up and running so they had to street tune it which works just as well but I wasn't able to get any dyno pulls to see what kind of #s it's putting down. Gonna take it to a local shop to have that done in the near future though. Now it's time to continue on and finish my 1-piecers.
                            Last edited by sideswipe; 05-05-2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

sick work work homie!!!!!!
                              UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                              NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

tuned h22,very nice.
                                finally someone utilizing the ecu as should be.

I wanna see numbers. and where did they set vtec?
                                just curious, as your engine seemed beast!
                                MadLab Racing
                                Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                                X