Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    moved all those items FS to the FS section btw...
    Last edited by Raf99; 11-22-2014, 08:56 PM.

    Comment


      Yep. Now that I have the car on stands I'm starting to see what all the noise was about...





      So I have two parts of the SPC low profile camber kit hitting on the fender. The top nut and the outer edge. Maybe if I ran a -1deg. camber it would eliminate the outer edge but not the top nut hitting.

      Dooo, dooo, do do, ... hammer time

      Comment


        How much camber are you currently running?

        Oh ya, and this!

        Last edited by Tishock; 11-24-2014, 10:45 PM.

        Comment


          Zero...........

          Comment


            Comment


              Always wanted one of the impacts...

              Comment


                Well got the car on all 4 jack stands and started to work on it. This is the first December that i've ever got to work on it. I found some issues of course:

                There is a small leak on the passenger side. It looks like its coming from the passenger side axle but I think its coming from the axle/transmission seal on that side. It's a gold/clear liquid so I'm not sure what it is yet. I tried to remove the axle but of course the axle nut won't come off. I fought with it for an hour and put a scratch on my fender so.......... gave up for now.

                Need to eliminate all rust. Some of the bolts in the engine bay started to rust and its bothering me a lot. I also started to install the poly bushings i got. I did the tie rod ends as one had a hole anyways.

                Comment


                  Dam axle nut

                  [IMG][/IMG]

                  Comment


                    If you don't have air tools. This 3/4 bad boy, a 36mm 3/4 socket (1 7/16 if you can't find a 36mm) and cheater bar will handle that axle nut.

                    http://www.harborfreight.com/3-4-qua...bar-98270.html

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by tishock View Post
                      If you don't have air tools. This 3/4 bad boy, a 36mm 3/4 socket (1 7/16 if you can't find a 36mm) and cheater bar will handle that axle nut.

                      http://www.harborfreight.com/3-4-qua...bar-98270.html
                      This was a 1/2" breaker bar with a 4 foot 2" steel pipe on the end of it. Broke it.
                      Also have air tools but gun/compressor maxes out at 135PSI.
                      Also have an electric impact which is 240ft-lbs tq. and it cannot do it.

                      Debating on a bigger breaker bar or a better electric impact gun

                      Comment


                        Years back I broke 1 cheap 1/2 and 2 craftsman 1/2 bars trying to get one off a friends axle. The 3/4 was able to handle my 260 lbs and a 4ft pipe bouncing on it. The nut broke loose on the 3rd or 4th bounce.

                        I always tell people if you dont have air tools, take it to a local shop to break it loose and then re tighten it. So you can drive it back home. Fully powered impact guns will make your life easier, you just need that initial breaking loose of the nut.

                        Comment


                          I feel for you man. I just went through this myself. It depends on how messed up the threads are from you trying to bend the nut back out. On my passenger side, the threads were so mashed that I broke a 2ft 1/2" drive breaker bar with a cheater bar for another foot. I broke it at the same spot you did. Electric impacts and impact drivers do not have enough torque for this kind of job.

                          What is the max torque on your air gun? I was able to get it loose with a twin hammer Craftsman rated at 580 ft-lbs hooked up to a puny 5 gallon 125psi tank. It won't hold pressure long, but about five sets of beatings was all it took. That was also only at 90 psi to the gun.

                          I would seriously recommend investing in a twin hammer air gun, even if the compressor you have is small. The one I was recommending was only $140 at Sears when I got it.

                          Good luck man.
                          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

                          F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."


                          MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

                          15.10 @ 90.42mph
                          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

                          Comment


                            You will need a torch. That is what I did when I swapped the clutch and transmission.

                            A breaker bar will do nothing for you, and I had no luck with air tools I borrowed. I had a 8 foot galvanized steel pole for an extension and that did nothing but break two breaker bars. Love Harbor Freight's return policy.
                            Be unique, like every other person.

                            CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

                            Comment


                              Yep, I broke like 3 harbor freight bars, then took it to a shop. They zipped it off and tightened it up bit and the rest was cake.

                              YouTube Clicky!!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                                I feel for you man. I just went through this myself. It depends on how messed up the threads are from you trying to bend the nut back out. On my passenger side, the threads were so mashed that I broke a 2ft 1/2" drive breaker bar with a cheater bar for another foot. I broke it at the same spot you did. Electric impacts and impact drivers do not have enough torque for this kind of job.

                                What is the max torque on your air gun? I was able to get it loose with a twin hammer Craftsman rated at 580 ft-lbs hooked up to a puny 5 gallon 125psi tank. It won't hold pressure long, but about five sets of beatings was all it took. That was also only at 90 psi to the gun.

                                I would seriously recommend investing in a twin hammer air gun, even if the compressor you have is small. The one I was recommending was only $140 at Sears when I got it.

                                Good luck man.
                                Tank:
                                135 PSI max
                                4.8CFM @ 40PSI
                                3.5CFM @ 90PSI

                                Impact Gun:
                                420ft-lb torque
                                needs 3.7 SCFM @ 90PSI

                                Ya, I think I'm going to buy an electric impact to see if it will do the job. 380ft-lbs tq.


                                Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                                You will need a torch. That is what I did when I swapped the clutch and transmission.

                                A breaker bar will do nothing for you, and I had no luck with air tools I borrowed. I had a 8 foot galvanized steel pole for an extension and that did nothing but break two breaker bars. Love Harbor Freight's return policy.

                                I am going to torch it next time but debating if I should buy a bigger breaker bar or go with a better electric impact gun.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X