No announcement yet.

CyborgGT : 1993 Accord EX wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might not have posted "completed work" but there is a whole lot of work going on here, and it's looking great.
    Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

I also hate those single use plastic screw / retainer thingies. The lip project seems like it is going to turn out quite well. Can’t wait to see it finished.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Hey Cyborg,

Just made an offer on EB to buy a couple of these battery hold down plates (the same P/N as yours) can you confirm the dimensions and fit is the same as the original before I pull the trigger?

Thanks
        My Collection:
        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
          Hey Cyborg,

Just made an offer on EB to buy a couple of these battery hold down plates (the same P/N as yours) can you confirm the dimensions and fit is the same as the original before I pull the trigger?

Thanks
          Yes, it fits perfect. I assume the only reason why it's not listed as CB-compatible is because the battery in the CD is rotated 90 degrees from ours and there's an arrow stamped into the metal pointing to the front of the car. Using those two different-length J-bolts, on the correct sides of the battery (easy enough to figure out when it's all in-hand; I know the CB is spec'd as using two equal length J-bolts), that arrow is now pointing to the passenger fender.

As for your question on how I knew it would fit... I didn't. I studied pictures of the factory CD battery tray and the height & offset difference between the two holes for the J-bolts, compared it to my own, and took a chance assuming the battery was the same size. I was more worried about getting the correct-length J-bolts, if I'm honest. That kit came with two different sizes, one of them being the correct CB length, so I figured worst case I would only have to replace one bolt. I got lucky with not having to modify anything. As long as that arrow doesn't bother you.
          Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-17-2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

Yes, it fits perfect. I assume the only reason why it's not listed as CB-compatible is because the battery in the CD is rotated 90 degrees from ours and there's an arrow stamped into the metal pointing to the front of the car. Using those two different-length J-bolts, on the correct sides of the battery (easy enough to figure out when it's all in-hand; I know the CB is spec'd as using two equal length J-bolts), that arrow is now pointing to the passenger fender.

As for your question on how I knew it would fit... I didn't. I studied pictures of the factory CD battery tray and the height & offset difference between the two holes for the J-bolts, compared it to my own, and took a chance assuming the battery was the same size. I was more worried about getting the correct-length J-bolts, if I'm honest. That kit came with two different sizes, one of them being the correct CB length, so I figured worst case I would only have to replace one bolt. I got lucky with not having to modify anything. As long as that arrow doesn't bother you.
            That's excellent news! Really appreciate your reply and the diligence you've put into all this.
            I'm a great admirer of all the work and "engineering" you're doing... keep it up!
            My Collection:
            93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
            00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
            04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Working...
            X