• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hope you fixed vtec for dyno nite slut

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
      i hope you fixed vtec for dyno nite slut
      all good now

put the new brake master cylinder in and hooked up vtec (never got around to it before)

took some pictures:

Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-26-2011, 10:29 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

^ Have you read my pm?

Comment

dude, you so need to borrow your friends xti.

did you ever get that power steering pump?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

because everyone with a (not-so) shiny red valve cover deserves the cliche black and white engine bay picture.
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

I cant wait to see the numbers... did you put your bottle in the trunk?? Are you planning on getting another header??? anyways... the new motor pics are the sex mike!!! great work!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper
                I cant wait to see the numbers... did you put your bottle in the trunk?? Are you planning on getting another header??? anyways... the new motor pics are the sex mike!!! great work!!!!
                me neiiiither

no, i wont be using the nitrous for a while. the lines are all hooked up, but not the electronics... i want everything to be broken in before running it. im also waiting on a couple other things that i want to install before i use it, the MSD 6AL, a FPR w/ gauge, a WOT switch... ill probably hold off on the nitrous until the spring, so tonights dyno numbers are going to be just the after-reinstall stock numbers. so ill have something to compare the nitrous numbers so

my header is very strange... it was ceramic coated, but i lightly sanded and painted w/ high temp paint. that lasted a total of 5-10 minutes, it ALL burnt off. it left a salmon colored, powdery looking finish... used a damp rag, and the finish wiped clean off, leaving the bare metal that you see above. so somehow the burnt paint took off the ceramic coating as well. i want a new header, i kind of want that DC one that came with the black finish, because ive seen that even after lots of use, it stays black... but who knows when im goign to get around to finding one of those.

i have some custom stuff thats going to cover over that jagged CAI hole, i just need to get around to finishing it and putting it in. and i really need to swap out that green coolant temp sensor plug for a grey one, the green really sticks out.

thanks for the good comments, its encouraging.
                Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-17-2006, 11:11 AM.

Current cars:

Comment

looks good man haha i knew that paint on the header wont last long lols
                  but its still clean man, good luck on the dyno

Comment

My GOD that looks nice.

I'm gonna have to request a HIGH-RES pic of your engine bay for my next wallpaper mmmmky?.......that'd be great. Thanks
                    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

The same thing with me on the nitrous im still breaking mine in... i hit the 600 mile mark last night im going to wait until i hit about 1000-1500 before i start spraying again... all my eletrical is run i just have to hook up my line again...
                      Are you going to put the WOT on your tb?? Mine is on my tranny where the kick down cable goes... cant really tell what it is, so when i do my trans swap in the summer ill have to find some other place to put it...

Comment

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper
                        The same thing with me on the nitrous im still breaking mine in... i hit the 600 mile mark last night im going to wait until i hit about 1000-1500 before i start spraying again... all my eletrical is run i just have to hook up my line again...
                        Are you going to put the WOT on your tb?? Mine is on my tranny where the kick down cable goes... cant really tell what it is, so when i do my trans swap in the summer ill have to find some other place to put it...
                        i want to mount it on the pedal itself. havent looked closely enough yet to see how easily that could be done, but id prefer to not have it right on the TB

ive put maybe 20 miles tops on it since it started running again

Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                          my header is very strange... it was ceramic coated, but i lightly sanded and painted w/ high temp paint. that lasted a total of 5-10 minutes, it ALL burnt off. it left a salmon colored, powdery looking finish... used a damp rag, and the finish wiped clean off, leaving the bare metal that you see above. so somehow the burnt paint took off the ceramic coating as well. i want a new header, i kind of want that DC one that came with the black finish, because ive seen that even after lots of use, it stays black... but who knows when im goign to get around to finding one of those.
                          which paint did you use and which temperature?

i used the high temp vht ceramic paint and mines holding up perfect. but i put mine in the over several times before i put it on my car.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            which paint did you use and which temperature?

i used the high temp vht ceramic paint and mines holding up perfect. but i put mine in the over several times before i put it on my car.
                            duplicolor cast coat iron. not having the can next to me, im assuming its not the 1200, it was probably the 500... but still. the moment i turned the car on it started burning.

but then again i didnt really take much time to do it well, i sprayed it a bunch of times and threw it on the car. figured it would start flaking instead of burning entirely off, but i dont particularly care, its a POS header and its rusting out (worse from the bottom). it looks pretty clean now, its not leaking, and it does what its supposed to do... so it stays.

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                            My GOD that looks nice.

I'm gonna have to request a HIGH-RES pic of your engine bay for my next wallpaper mmmmky?.......that'd be great. Thanks
                            a very big thank you. means a lot. ill be getting some very clear high res pics soon, ill be sure to send them your way.

Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                              i drove it for the first time today.

ends up the clutch slave cylinder was bad. $23 later, i was out driving around. stopped off to see larry/oneoffaccord at work, got some air in the tires, got gas, and picked up a new brake master cylinder, since the one on there is semi bad.

apparently hydraulic cylinders go bad when theyve been sitting on the shelf for a long time, even though they are hardly used... the clutch slave i had only had ~25k on it, and the brake master only had 40k. both have been sitting dry on the shelf for 3-4 years. oh well, im better off with brand new ones anyway.

this car feels fabulous. its SO NICE being able to drive it again, ive been driving my old stock auto f22 grey sedan for 4+ months now. ill be taking it easy, driving occasionally for the next week or two, get the clutch and everything broken in, then ill hit up the dyno with larry
                              Sorry for the late reply. This thread grows so damn fast, it is like trying to keep up with a toddler.

Those seals go bad when they are dry. It is the hydraulic fluid that keeps them moist, so in the absence of it, they are likely to go bad.

I am glad to hear you got it all worked out and that it is running well.

I would much rather see this car in your skilled hands, than any of the number of other hands it could have potentially fallen into.

Seeing this car and its owner in person are definitely on my to do list!
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

well i guess its officially finished - finished up the last couple little issues friday after work, but the dyno run was cancelled due to larry and his damn girls lol... probably a good thing, because i hadnt really driven it before that point :X i made an hour+ trip down to NJ without a single issue or problem, the car drives, idles, accelerates and feels 100% perfect. put 200 or so miles on it since friday without any issues. the only difference is that it feels a bit faster, and this tranny gearing is quite short... 2nd, 3rd, and 5th are shorter and 1st and 4th are the same as an M2B4. where i would normally be cruising at 80mph at 3500rpm, now im at 3900rpm. the same 3500 i used to do only puts me at 71mph now. gas is going to be a bit more expensive for me now. i dont particularly mind, i get to accelerate faster, even just leaving it in 5th on the highway

i want to rev higher and start spraying, this car has a great top end and is a lot of fun on the highway.

Originally posted by owequitit
                                Sorry for the late reply. This thread grows so damn fast, it is like trying to keep up with a toddler.

Those seals go bad when they are dry. It is the hydraulic fluid that keeps them moist, so in the absence of it, they are likely to go bad.

I am glad to hear you got it all worked out and that it is running well.

I would much rather see this car in your skilled hands, than any of the number of other hands it could have potentially fallen into.

Seeing this car and its owner in person are definitely on my to do list!
                                haha bringing back old posts, eh? i didnt realize that beforehand, but figured that was the case. i have noticed that brake fluid keeps rubber/plastic swollen and soft...

someday, sir, we shall meet. we should set up a national meet one of these years...

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X