No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't even know this thing existed until yesterday. I'm hoping that it helps me bust these two J35A3 crank bolts off that I have. I don't have any of my air tools up here in Denton, so the duties fall to my Makita 1/2-impact. It's good, but so far not good enough to do stuck on crankshaft bolts.

The theory behind this is the additional mass acting on the sides of the bolt head and not being lost to resonance. There is a guy with a demonstrational video in the review section on the product page that shows the bolt coming right off after failed attempts with a standard 19mm impact socket. That's assurance enough for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post

I didn't even know this thing existed until yesterday. I'm hoping that it helps me bust these two J35A3 crank bolts off that I have. I don't have any of my air tools up here in Denton, so the duties fall to my Makita 1/2-impact. It's good, but so far not good enough to do stuck on crankshaft bolts.

The theory behind this is the additional mass acting on the sides of the bolt head and not being lost to resonance. There is a guy with a demonstrational video in the review section on the product page that shows the bolt coming right off after failed attempts with a standard 19mm impact socket. That's assurance enough for me.

I can vouch for this product, it works
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

To be honest with you. The best tool for a stuck crank bolt is a solid impact socket and a strong bar. 90% of the electric or cheap air impacts don't have the sustained tq to break them free. Sometimes you need a constant tq on the nut to break the hold. These impacts with short duration snaps don't cut the mustard most of the time.

Not to say this product doesn't work, it obviously carries the TQ further than usual with the added mass. But at a cost of $23 + shipping, you could probably by a solid breaker bar that will do the job at a local parts store. It can than be put to use for many jobs! This socket really only has one purpose. Just putting that out there.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Mail box put out again today!

RV6-P 2.25" Precat delete pipes,

Pretty much the only thing you can get that comes close to a header for the Honda J series engine with cylinder head integrated exhaust manifolds.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

It's a numbers matching 1943 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1. Picked it up for less than $400. It needs some deep cleaning but is in excellent shape for a 74 year old weapon. I ended up paying a little more for it since it doesn't have any import markings so that's kind of unique.

Comment

Big box. Must be quite a bit inside...

Open it to find a sticker, and... an "owner's kit". Shit just got real.

Inside the kit is a warranty card (complete with your own unique serial number!) and some showing off of how serious this company is...

Fancy printed cover...

Remove it to find the VTEC pearl in Skunk2's clamshell...

Oh, hey, it's some stamped aluminum!

Meanwhile, I get some valve guides from Supertech. The exhaust guides are even made with some fancy schmancy "Manganese bronze" alloy! Ooooh. Aaaah. "Here you go, we tossed them into plastic baggies and stapled them shut. Enjoy."

Where's my, "I'm selling you diamonds" display box, Supertech, hmm?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                I can vouch for this product, it works

me too, I have it
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Over the last three days, stuff for the H22 build:

- Vibrant Street Power muffler
                  - Vibrant 2.5" to 3" exhaust pipe transition (not photo'd)
                  - Skunk2 valve spring bases
                  - "Skunk2 Inside" VTEC solenoid cover
                  - Skunk2 cam seal (yes, they did that same stupid packaging here, haha!)
                  - Supertech valve stem seals
                  - Supertech valve guides

I also apparently ordered the wrong pads for the RSX. I meant to get the HPS, and I guess I clicked on Performance Ceramic. They did say "Performance Street" in the description. You know, "PS," as in "HPS." Haha, whatever. We'll see how these perform...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Gotta love when parts that you have ordered start coming in!
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

didn't really buy it, but I bought all the shit to make it.

DIY light saber baby, combat ready, could beat the shit out of someone with this and not break it.

im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

didn't really buy it, but I bought all the shit to make it.

DIY light saber baby, combat ready, could beat the shit out of someone with this and not break it.

Comment

Looks like Santa was your first fallen opponent. Way to pick on the little guy.

Comment

Maybe he was protecting Santa. Those are dog legs at the top.

Cool though. What's the business end made out of?
                            Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-16-2016, 05:44 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                              Maybe he was protecting Santa. Those are dog legs at the top.

Cool though. What's the business end made out of?
                              clear pex tubing in a 5' stick. it's like $10 at the hardware store 3/4 inch is what I used.

handle is a combination of gas fittings and an 8" double threaded section

Comment

14x7 0et Bassetts

Flares

Comment

Working...
                                X