Underground.Society chat thread V. 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
    lmao. i have a car that was sitting for 2 years. stuff dry rots(bushings). it wasnt taken care of at all(everything needs to be replaced). so i have a car that was beat on daily. lol. stuff is gonna need replacing. you how ever got a car in like new condition so its easy to keep it that way. i got mine and it needed work from the get go. lol.
    Dude ithink my coupe was the MOST beat on car out of all of our UGS crew..think I am lying? Go check my MR thread...lol....that car was beat to hell...so dont talk beat up cars...lol....mine is 19 years old ...haha...take the swap out of the equation (hell you already swapped your engine tho...so we even)

so there ya have it...I am pushing close to 200 hp with worn out bushings...jacked up motor mounts ()...squeeks and rattles here and there...stock breaks....rear discs from the junk yard...lol

But yeah I feel you, but like Kris said...damn dude you always fixing on that car....what the crap....do it right one time and be done...

....take it from me...I have had 5 different suspensions on my car, and 4 different exhausts...2 different headers.... and a crap load of other parts icould have avoided if I had of done shit right the first time.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
    ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7 View Post
      Dude ithink my coupe was the MOST beat on car out of all of our UGS crew..think I am lying? Go check my MR thread...lol....that car was beat to hell...so dont talk beat up cars...lol....mine is 19 years old ...haha...take the swap out of the equation (hell you already swapped your engine tho...so we even)

so there ya have it...I am pushing close to 200 hp with worn out bushings...jacked up motor mounts ()...squeeks and rattles here and there...stock breaks....rear discs from the junk yard...lol

But yeah I feel you, but like Kris said...damn dude you always fixing on that car....what the crap....do it right one time and be done...

....take it from me...I have had 5 different suspensions on my car, and 4 different exhausts...2 different headers.... and a crap load of other parts icould have avoided if I had of done shit right the first time.

That's real talk...................
      Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

i know man. ive seen it. lol. if my car was in the condition you just stated(200hp on worn out bushings, and messed up motor mounts, id be fixing on those. once i find out things about my car, it becomes a daily thing that urks my nerve until it gets fixed. lol.

the main thing i was working on is the exterior. but im dont with that for now. all of this month has been dedicated to getting my suspension and brakes done. THAT NEEDS to be done. the axles i can feel about to break. im on Skunk2s with OEM struts which need to be replaced. the bushings i have up front are dry rotted.

the motor runs perfectly. just needs an oil change and it'll be perfect. but its the SUPPORTING stuff that makes the car fun. is it fun to be bouncing around on the highway with a crappy suspension. or have a smooth ride like you and Kris? yall are talking about doing it right the 1st time when guess what? i didnt do it right the 1st time. so im working on it now

but hey. how about this. you buy me some new bushings, the Func./Form Type Ones, and some axles and ill go with yall down to AFM.

but until then, my car is getting work done. suspension. brakes. interior. exterior. in that order

Comment

i know man. ive seen it. lol. if my car was in the condition you just stated(200hp on worn out bushings, and messed up motor mounts, id be fixing on those. once i find out things about my car, it becomes a daily thing that urks my nerve until it gets fixed. lol.

the main thing i was working on is the exterior. but im dont with that for now. all of this month has been dedicated to getting my suspension and brakes done. THAT NEEDS to be done. the axles i can feel about to break. im on Skunk2s with OEM struts which need to be replaced. the bushings i have up front are dry rotted.

the motor runs perfectly. just needs an oil change and it'll be perfect. but its the SUPPORTING stuff that makes the car fun. is it fun to be bouncing around on the highway with a crappy suspension. or have a smooth ride like you and Kris? yall are talking about doing it right the 1st time when guess what? i didnt do it right the 1st time. so im working on it now

but hey. how about this. you buy me some new bushings, the Func./Form Type Ones, and some axles and ill go with yall down to AFM.

but until then, my car is getting work done. suspension. brakes. interior. exterior. in that order
          Haaaa T I knew you would come back strong....I was just messing with ya...I got energy suspension (reds) and new mounts..some are even filled mounts..but my point is, learn from some of our mistakes...I would love to help people save money and not waste it like I did on BS parts...lol...if I got another CB7 right now today, I would rock the stock exhaust til I saved enough for another RS*R... or buy Lokuputha's one...lol. Man I am the poster child for trying out shit on my car...I went from the worst to the best..so I know how they all feel.... next time around I will do it right the first time...and you are just as knowledgeable if not more than me abou these cars...so we expect the best from you...and change that DAMN oil man...now thats cheap...lol....you know thats the # 1 enemy of a engine...old azz oil!!!!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol

Comment

what kind of truck is it?
            1976 Ford F-100. I guess I'll give little spec sheet for yall.
            It's a 302 bored .040 over to 308, 64' 289 heads (need a set of GT-40 heads), professional products intake, Comp cam .512 lift 280 dur., Flowtech headers, 2.25 exh with flowmaster 40's, a eldebrock 600, 2" carb spacer

That's good enough, I'll post pics tomorrow. Oh I forgot to mention, IT'S ALIVE She sound like orgasim on wheels. Still have to adj timing, valve, carb and top off fluids, and put the others valve covers back on though.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
            "The Turtle"
            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Dude if Mike driving down and Kris and my brother...they all stock F's (except Mike..but his H smokes) with high mileage...also got Hiran and Aaron from Asheboro....dude your car can make it!!!!

Point is...you can make it...esp next year after you get done building on it...lol
              dude my car dont have high milage... like 80k....and nuthing new on the axles havent really botherd with it atm got other stuff

the beast : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137926

Comment

Haaaa T I knew you would come back strong....I was just messing with ya...I got energy suspension (reds) and new mounts..some are even filled mounts..but my point is, learn from some of our mistakes...I would love to help people save money and not waste it like I did on BS parts...lol...if I got another CB7 right now today, I would rock the stock exhaust til I saved enough for another RS*R... or buy Lokuputha's one...lol. Man I am the poster child for trying out shit on my car...I went from the worst to the best..so I know how they all feel.... next time around I will do it right the first time...and you are just as knowledgeable if not more than me abou these cars...so we expect the best from you...and change that DAMN oil man...now thats cheap...lol....you know thats the # 1 enemy of a engine...old azz oil!!!!
                yeah. the oil is gonna get changed. found out my girl has a little more cash than i thought. so ill be changing it later this week.

i wish i wouldhave saved all the money ive spend on stupid stuff for the CB and put it aside so iw WOULD have money to buy the proper stuff. lol. but i have learned. i did the hard way. but i learned. lol.

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                1976 Ford F-100. I guess I'll give little spec sheet for yall.
                It's a 302 bored .040 over to 308, 64' 289 heads (need a set of GT-40 heads), professional products intake, Comp cam .512 lift 280 dur., Flowtech headers, 2.25 exh with flowmaster 40's, a eldebrock 600, 2" carb spacer

That's good enough, I'll post pics tomorrow. Oh I forgot to mention, IT'S ALIVE She sound like orgasim on wheels. Still have to adj timing, valve, carb and top off fluids, and put the others valve covers back on though.

nice man. good to hear

Comment

Originally posted by woopwooph22 View Post
                  dude my car dont have high milage... like 80k....and nuthing new on the axles havent really botherd with it atm got other stuff
                  Wasnt calling yours high mileage dude...yours was the smoking one.

Comment

i found a H23 trans for 200 bucks locally. how are the gears on those? shorter or longer than the h22. and 5th gear?
                    Need CB7/H22/Turbo parts? i got them..check thread

Comment

Originally posted by LeosCB7h22 View Post
                      i found a H23 trans for 200 bucks locally. how are the gears on those? shorter or longer than the h22. and 5th gear?
                      It is my understand that the gears in the H23 tranny are closer to those of the F as opposed to the H22.....5th gear should have lower RPMS than the H22 tranny!

Comment

Originally posted by woopwooph22 View Post
                        Let me help you out a lil bit:

If you hear a clicking noise on turns , most likely you got a bad outer cv joint...

Joints go bad if the rubber boot protecting it , has been torn open , thus all the grease has been lost and water, dirt, dust get into the bearings,

Different year Accords require different tools

For the 90 and newer Accords

Tools needed : ( the reason to use impact is that , it is a lot stronger than chrome socket ) . 36 mm impact socket, 17 mm 1/2 inch socket, punch

lug nut tool, ( should come with car ) or just get a 19mm 1/2 inch socket, side cutter, 17 mm wrench, 1/2 long pry bar,extension pipe ,flat tip big screwdriver, medium size cutter pin, big hammer, Oh and the heaviest , biggest person you can find :-) ..floor jack and jack stands...wd-40..or any penetrating lubricant in case of rusty nuts, bolts, etc etc.

parts needed : new axle,( Do not get a Honda axle way way too much money... you can get one for around 60-75 dollars at Autozone, Checker, etc etc,) possibly trany fluid, you might loose some....Honda fluid ATF-Z1 if auto....10w-30 motor oil if manual ,

First off, make sure you get the right part, auto and manual tranny require different axles, as does a car with ABS and no ABS,
                        You can install an ABS axle in a NON-ABS car but you cannot install a NON-ABS axle into a ABS car, if you do the ABS lite will stay on, and of course get the right side ( left- right)

Now we are ready to get the hands dirty.

If car has the big wheel covers with the plastic rings on the lug nuts,,( dx-lx)
                        remove 2 lug nuts, remove the plastic rings from the lug nuts, reinstall the lug nuts, remove the other 2 lug nuts, now the wheel cover should come out, reinstall the other 2 lug nuts , so all 4 lug nuts are back on and tight,
                        Make sure car is in park ( auto ) or in gear ( manual ) , E-brake engaged,

You now need to loosen up the axle nut, use the 36 mm socket get the pry bar and the extension pipe, remember I asked you to get the biggest friend you got ??? Have him ( her ) step on the pipe and loosen up the nut ( counterclockwise),Once nut is loose, jack the car up, set car on jack stands, remove the wheel, remove the axle nut, remove the cutter pin on the lower control arm ball joint, loosen but do not totally remove 17 mm castle nut,the reason being, that you are going to hit the control arm to separate the ball joint, and if you miss you could ruin the threads on the ball joint ..so hit the control arm till ball joints separates, once done, lift the knuckle assemly up, to separate from lower control arm, tap on the axle to separate from hub assembly, once separated, swing the knuckle so it is out of the way,

For the 90 and newer accords the axle will slide out throught the fork, so there is no need to remove the lower bolt, The only way it will not slide out , is if you have non honda struts, Some Non honda struts are a bit longer and it will restrict the axle from sliding out ..
                        In most cases you will not loose any tranny fluid, but have some at hand just in case you have to top off the tranny

To install new axle, make sure the retainer clip is there, where it goes into the tranny , fit axle into the tranny and make sure axle pops all the way in,,tap on it gently with hammer if needed ,,, reinstall everything in reverse order.....Make sure to stake the axle nut with a punch once it is tight,,

Comment

Let me help you out a lil bit:

If you hear a clicking noise on turns , most likely you got a bad outer cv joint...

Joints go bad if the rubber boot protecting it , has been torn open , thus all the grease has been lost and water, dirt, dust get into the bearings,

Different year Accords require different tools

For the 90 and newer Accords

Tools needed : ( the reason to use impact is that , it is a lot stronger than chrome socket ) . 36 mm impact socket, 17 mm 1/2 inch socket, punch

lug nut tool, ( should come with car ) or just get a 19mm 1/2 inch socket, side cutter, 17 mm wrench, 1/2 long pry bar,extension pipe ,flat tip big screwdriver, medium size cutter pin, big hammer, Oh and the heaviest , biggest person you can find :-) ..floor jack and jack stands...wd-40..or any penetrating lubricant in case of rusty nuts, bolts, etc etc.

parts needed : new axle,( Do not get a Honda axle way way too much money... you can get one for around 60-75 dollars at Autozone, Checker, etc etc,) possibly trany fluid, you might loose some....Honda fluid ATF-Z1 if auto....10w-30 motor oil if manual ,

First off, make sure you get the right part, auto and manual tranny require different axles, as does a car with ABS and no ABS,
                          You can install an ABS axle in a NON-ABS car but you cannot install a NON-ABS axle into a ABS car, if you do the ABS lite will stay on, and of course get the right side ( left- right)

Now we are ready to get the hands dirty.

If car has the big wheel covers with the plastic rings on the lug nuts,,( dx-lx)
                          remove 2 lug nuts, remove the plastic rings from the lug nuts, reinstall the lug nuts, remove the other 2 lug nuts, now the wheel cover should come out, reinstall the other 2 lug nuts , so all 4 lug nuts are back on and tight,
                          Make sure car is in park ( auto ) or in gear ( manual ) , E-brake engaged,

You now need to loosen up the axle nut, use the 36 mm socket get the pry bar and the extension pipe, remember I asked you to get the biggest friend you got ??? Have him ( her ) step on the pipe and loosen up the nut ( counterclockwise),Once nut is loose, jack the car up, set car on jack stands, remove the wheel, remove the axle nut, remove the cutter pin on the lower control arm ball joint, loosen but do not totally remove 17 mm castle nut,the reason being, that you are going to hit the control arm to separate the ball joint, and if you miss you could ruin the threads on the ball joint ..so hit the control arm till ball joints separates, once done, lift the knuckle assemly up, to separate from lower control arm, tap on the axle to separate from hub assembly, once separated, swing the knuckle so it is out of the way,

For the 90 and newer accords the axle will slide out throught the fork, so there is no need to remove the lower bolt, The only way it will not slide out , is if you have non honda struts, Some Non honda struts are a bit longer and it will restrict the axle from sliding out ..
                          In most cases you will not loose any tranny fluid, but have some at hand just in case you have to top off the tranny

To install new axle, make sure the retainer clip is there, where it goes into the tranny , fit axle into the tranny and make sure axle pops all the way in,,tap on it gently with hammer if needed ,,, reinstall everything in reverse order.....Make sure to stake the axle nut with a punch once it is tight,,
                          I swear this reminds me of one of those dummy books. "How to change your axels for dummies." Lmao

the sedan
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
                          the wagon
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
                          the integra
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

Originally posted by jimmybean21 View Post
                            I swear this reminds me of one of those dummy books. "How to change your axels for dummies." Lmao
                            Ahhh dude...I didnt mean it that way...lol

Comment

you should do a write up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
                                you should do a write up for that.
                                What a DIY?

There prolly is already one...or this is too simple to justify putting in that section...I dunno...lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X