No announcement yet.

P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey all, so something went out on the white coupe on the motor, so i'm taking that as a sign to start moving into the black coupe. I've so far removed most of the interior on the black coupe, except for

parcel shelf
    moonroof assembly
    dashboard and all components

then of course theres the trunk.

I'm also going to be doing some sound deadening while all the panels are off. the sound barriers on the floor of the black coupe are still in great condition so i will be hitting the doors, quarter panel, and the roof. is the parcel shelf worth it to tackle with sound deadening material?

My brother also got this insulating sheet for his garage, im gonna see if i can sandwich that behind the headliner to improve insulating capabilities of the car. it is black, so the roof will be hit hard, so i need to consider that.

all in all, I really want to revive activity on the forums, since Facebook has kinda taken over, so I will be posting more often while i am building up the black coupe. I will be taking pictures and putting them up on thursday of the progress. good to see you all again, and good luck to all your builds!
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Comment

nice!! more pics!!!

Comment

haha fasho lemme get things uploaded haha!

Comment

Nice!
            2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
            2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
            CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
            GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
              haha fasho lemme get things uploaded haha!
              is that the q45 flushmount?

Comment

yes!! successfully installed!

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                  yes!! successfully installed!
                  pics man PICS!!!!

Comment

MR for the black coupe yet?

It'll end up awesome if it's getting the same attention to detail your white one got.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

I was considering continuing the MR on this one! I'd hate to abandon this MR, which details all the steps I took to even get to this point with the black coupe! in fact, I'm still using all the same mods, just moving them over... So i will probably continue updating on this MR but now we'll be transitioning into the black coupe

pretty sure my modem is dying too, so its making uploading pictures ridiculously hard. >_>

bah, lemme get at this tomorrow. im waiting for my paycheck on the 30th to come in so i can pick up a new modem. this bootsy ass thing is dying so hard right now. haha

Comment

Pics from the past 3 months

Last edited by P5ylance; 01-26-2015, 03:27 AM.

Comment

It's for sure gonna be an uncommon combination.

a black coupe with the blue interior exclusive to frost white accords. Definitely not a factory configuration, haha! You could only spot it if you really knew CB7s and their color combinations. I'm really digging my blue interior in the black shell though!

Comment

Love the look of the flushmount installed! Now i cant wait to put mine on! I think i am going to try to trim where it covers the tail lights a little bit. If i mess it up though im screwed lol. Is that the lancer rear lip?

Comment

definitely good luck with the spoiler!! it was one of the most fickle installations thus far. remember you can only use the top bolts, and you have to be careful tightening them down, or youll snap the bolt tabs off. i put a couple rubber o rings between the bolt tab and the trunk to make sure the nut bottoms out before pulling the tab away.

the back 4 screws cannot reach the face of the trunk, so i left it bowing out. if you attempt to clamp it flush it will inevitably break off the bolt tabs.

yes it is the lancer oz rally 2002 rear lip!

i installed the 3 of 4 underbody mount tabs (one is over the muffler and cannoy be used) and also screwed it in at the ends. i used a stock mudflap hole as a guide as well as the lower black trim of the bumper. then, cut 4 slots at the rear of the bumper trim to slide 4 tabs of the lancer rear lip into for middle support. theres these metal internal teeth keepers but i cant find them at the moment.

you know, when i saw this black lip, there was a silver one next to it, with the bolt tabs ripped off... if i had known i wouldnt even be using those bolt locations, i woulda grabbed it too... i definitely missed out!!

Comment

Yeah I'm going to give myself plenty of time to install it. Maybe use some window weld or something to give it a little bit of bond to the face of the trunk. I wanted to do the lancer rear lip once I saw the one other guys coupe with it on. It's impossible to find them in the yards around here though. So I'll either do the 1gen integra rear lip or the cd5

Comment

Working...
                                X