• Show
Clear All

Got my speaker covers rewrapped with the BOSE emblem

ROH Conversion + Legend Caliper + 11.1" Rotor Upgrade

also got a factory service manual, MINT

blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Mirror Project

xkjnboix helped me tint my USDM mirrors blue a long time ago, and now I finally pushed myself to complete the project. Stuffed the USDM mirrors into the JDM mirror holders (passengers side is okay... driver's side is an extremely tight fit.) i had modded my USDM mirrors to have an LED blinker behind them, which I routed through the JDM folding motor along with the other wiring. routed it out to where the plug is. I also swapped to the TL side mirror housings for a more updated design. Thankfully they were already in white, though a little off-white from my white. the JDM PFMs I got were from a sedan, so I had to also swap them into the coupe side mirror housing for the different base mount. This meant I also had to de-pin the plug.

"Sedan-to-Coupe Base + Powerfolding + Blue Tint + LED Side Blinker + Acura TL Housing" One-Off Side Mirror Project. Though small-scale, its one of my more involved projects, and has taken me many days (technically years, since i've been sitting on this project for a while since I first pulled the parts together) to get nearly complete. I still have to wire them up in my car. Regardless, you won't see another set quite like the one I just put together, unless you follow exactly how I built this one haha. (the formula is technically at the beginning of this paragraph if you so wish to try!)

all that work, to get these jewels.

^had to cut portions for clearance

^had to cut more than I expected

^parts, side blinker wiring not routed yet

^removed the grommet

^fished wiring through grommet through one of the existing holes

^routed. you will have to fish it through again since you don't want to open it up. Delicate use of a coat hanger will work.

^mirror and motor with wiring routed

^assembled

^with the LEDs on

aaannd, this is my car now after a fresh wash.

Last edited by P5ylance; 08-21-2013, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Car Looks amazing bro, that gas station shot just makes me wanna spend the 4k to get my body and rust fixed. I also own a white coupe. 8)
        I wake up in the morning and piss excellence!

Comment

You have white coupe?? Nice!! What year?

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
            Installed my progress rear anti-sway bar that I bought from Nurega about a year and a half ago (maybe more!!)
            I believe you're mistaken. I never had an Accord Progress RSB in my possession lol. Your car is looking great, Vinh!
            Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
            2005 Acura TSX 6MT
            2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

those mirrors are tight!

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
              It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
                I believe you're mistaken. I never had an Accord Progress RSB in my possession lol. Your car is looking great, Vinh!
                ha i feel like it was from you! it was $100, and it was never installed... long ass time ago

thanks quash! I cant wait to put them on, i actually picked up sobeman's PFM set couple days ago for his wiring harness that he had lengthened already. just some minor modifications to the wiring and it should be good to go in

Comment

I haven't really talked much about my build since the rotors... so here we go.

school has started back up again, so i'm back on the grind... which means less work days and less pay. I've been diligently saving up my tips so i can take my car in for extensive repairs at my friend's recommended shop (i've talked and discussed with the owner my plans for my car as well). I've planned for a full motor rebuild, transmission rebuild, subframe and rack and pinion replacement, and installing my OEM BBK.... prolly some other stuff i can't think of right now. my motor has been losing coolant, and leaking oil, and my oil pan is messed up from living the low life, and i feel like its time to do the timing belt and water pump and all that ish even though my dad says its already been done. just... a few things that need to be addressed that I'd rather have addressed all at once rather than piece by piece. so i'm saving up my money to just tear out my engine bay and fix all that stuff by doing a full motor rebuild.

during this time I have entertained (now committed) the idea of possibly building my motor, since this will be the only time i ever plan to open this thing up, so i've been doing some research here and there about possibly doing a very simple build of the motor... basically what i already own (IHE) plus a camshaft and a tune. I'm hoping that with a fresh rebuild i should be able to pass smog after a tune. tough though, i'm in CA so faaack. so heres the deal, since i have to break in the motor anyways.

I had intentionally gathered all the parts I needed as soon as deals popped up. I was hoping to install the camshaft during the rebuild, but then forgot that I am supposed to break in the motor and i wouldn't be able to tune my setup if i'm supposed to baby it. so I was going to go through with a standard rebuild for a fresh stock F22A6 (plus an H22 auto transmission, LSD if i can find one ) and run that for a while til i and my motor are ready to go the extra mile. I still decided to get all the parts i needed for my build because i figured... i'm gonna want them eventually anyways so yeah. I've been on a parts buying spree.

I'm also debating on buying a WHITE GBA SP lol

so yeah, i've just been saving up and babying my car so it can last til the winter break.

you may also think i'm wasting my money by taking it to a shop to do this. i don't have any space in my own home, plus i don't wanna be stuck without the tools necessary. time is money, so i'd rather not squander away my time if i can save up the money. :| we did a trans swap and... shit that was kinda hard enough for just that small thing, and we had a fully open garage.
                  Last edited by P5ylance; 09-25-2013, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                    I haven't really talked much about my build since the rotors... so here we go.

school has started back up again, so i'm back on the grind... which means less work days and less pay. I've been diligently saving up my tips so i can take my car in for extensive repairs at my friend's recommended shop (i've talked and discussed with the owner my plans for my car as well). I've planned for a full motor rebuild, transmission rebuild, subframe and rack and pinion replacement, and installing my OEM BBK.... prolly some other stuff i can't think of right now. my motor has been losing coolant, and leaking oil, and my oil pan is messed up from living the low life, and i feel like its time to do the timing belt and water pump and all that ish even though my dad says its already been done. just... a few things that need to be addressed that I'd rather have addressed all at once rather than piece by piece. so i'm saving up my money to just tear out my engine bay and fix all that stuff by doing a full motor rebuild.

during this time I have entertained (now committed) the idea of possibly building my motor, since this will be the only time i ever plan to open this thing up, so i've been doing some research here and there about possibly doing a very simple build of the motor... basically what i already own (IHE) plus a camshaft and a tune. I'm hoping that with a fresh rebuild i should be able to pass smog after a tune. tough though, i'm in CA so faaack. so heres the deal, since i have to break in the motor anyways.

I had intentionally gathered all the parts I needed as soon as deals popped up. I was hoping to install the camshaft during the rebuild, but then forgot that I am supposed to break in the motor and i wouldn't be able to tune my setup if i'm supposed to baby it. so I was going to go through with a standard rebuild for a fresh stock F22A6 (plus an H22 auto transmission, LSD if i can find one ) and run that for a while til i and my motor are ready to go the extra mile. I still decided to get all the parts i needed for my build because i figured... i'm gonna want them eventually anyways so yeah. I've been on a parts buying spree.

I'm also debating on buying a WHITE GBA SP lol

so yeah, i've just been saving up and babying my car so it can last til the winter break.

you may also think i'm wasting my money by taking it to a shop to do this. i don't have any space in my own home, plus i don't wanna be stuck without the tools necessary. time is money, so i'd rather not squander away my time if i can save up the money. :| we did a trans swap and... shit that was kinda hard enough for just that small thing, and we had a fully open garage.
                    Your doing things right. Rebuilding a whole motor is not something that I would toy around with myself on a daily vehicle. If you wanted to take that task on yourself then you would be better off picking up second motor and doing the mods/repair to that while your car is still getting you around. when it's ready you just do the swap over a weekend. Like you said time is money and what you are doing totally makes sense. Even myself I would do as much as I could by myself and farm out a few items to professional shops who are equipped to take on such tasks. Squandering money, more like saving a ton of money. $1,500-$2,000 and your Honda will go for another 200,000 miles with some go fast parts to boot. I say you are making a wise well thought out decision rather than sqander. Looking sexy the whole time too.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                    MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Looks great, dont see the whole lips and mudguards colour coded normally

And ive always looked at the BMW blue tinted mirrors and thought i need that!

Is it a spray or a film you used?

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                      UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                      NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

thanks carlos, I appreciate your support this entire time! i'm glad i met up with you at that lollicup meet way back haha, and monstertruckcb7

Thanks marcus! yeah, the painted look is a night and day difference, and now you can truly appreciate what details the legend lip and the cd side skirt have to offer for the cb7.

it was a blue film that xkjnboix had. I had sent my mirrors in to him to help me do, and it came out amazing. he doesn't do it anymore because it was kind of a hassle, so i'm very thankful he did my set for me haha. blue mirror tint, you can prolly find it. maybe those tail light tint vinyls could work too?

oh today I pulled an A6 manifold from the junkyard. kinda for practice, and also cuz I want to clean the EGR ports and tap this one, and basically have fun putting together my intake manifold set up and take a pic of it in the garage lol. and if theres any recommendations for messing with the manifold to improve performance, let me know

Comment

I just remembered your kinda in my area aren't you?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

sorta kinda yeah haha i remember cuz alex said he was kicking it with you. what part of cali? elk grove for me

Comment

This is the epitome of VIP. That car is gorgeous, I guess I never really thought of the accord coupe as a higher end car till now, your definitely looks awesome.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Do you have a hand held grinder? The reason I ask is because you have the perfect opportunity to improve on the flow characteristics of that Lower IM. I should of done this myself but I dont think I as ready to go all out. Basically what I would do is remove some of the dividers where the lower IM meets the IAB's and create 4 openings instead of 8. Then remove and smothen out all the burs and casting marks. As for for clearing out the EGR passage ways. You could always pick up a tap that suits for intallng a pipe plug. Then then you can just use pipe plugs. You will be surprised how much gunk is going to be in there bro. Puts using sea foam to shame. There isn't enough sea foam to properly clean those passageways.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                                MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Working...
                                X