P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
    I ordered them off eBay, from a Thailand seller. They came with bulbs and pigtails, so no extra wiring needed except for making an extension harness to reach the new location
    Nice! I saw some on the bay too, but they were only the covers for 55 bucs, wick means I'll still have to buy the amber ones in order to use the clear ones. Smh. Guess I'll keep hunting
    92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

kind of a high price to pay haha, but then again... they don't come up very often. What you could do is go to the junkyard and pick up your own pigtails, and make your own harness too. The important part is the cover, but the bulb sockets that you already have will work, you just have to make sure you get the bulb socket (the sidemarker light is in multiple pieces...

Harness -> bulb socket (the holder) -> bulb -> sidemarker

end note*

make sure you get the bulb socket that plugs like this: |-

you'll understand when you see it. but thats the one you want, because thats what goes in the harness, IIRC. to make the extension harness, you'll need a few of those sockets.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=48212 <--- DIY

---------------------------

banged out my shock tower and installed my FF type 1s. -0.8 camber, finger gap all around, everything just about clears (control arm needs to shave itself a lliiiiittttle bit more.) I no longer scrape on speedbumps unless I go kinda fast. at least, the ones in sac. Bay area speedbumps are crazy (i'm looking at you, San Jose!!!)
      Last edited by P5ylance; 07-23-2013, 06:12 PM.
      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Installed my progress rear anti-sway bar that I bought from Nurega about a year and a half ago (maybe more!!)

of all my suspension mods... dear god the progress bar takes the cake for most noticeable! I dig into corners, and the car is so grounded! the rear is stiffer too because of the larger bar.

I also swapped the H emblem on the 9091 grille with an A emblem from an Acura.
        *This requires a lot of modification to the 9091 grille to make work for a 9293*

I also don't think I have room for spacers in the front.

I fixed the threads on my header, so now I can assemble the DC header and downpipe.

This is how my car now sits with the Type 1's, thanks to Hostile for helping me install em!

secret swap project to add to my JDM PFM + tinted mirrors + signal lights mod. My future side mirrors are gonna be tricked out and luxury status by the time i'm done with them!
        Last edited by P5ylance; 08-04-2013, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Great work Vihn. Your car is progressing nicely. Glad to see so much work to I to her this summer. Your gonna throw a lot of people off with that new badge on the front. And your stance is solid and crisp. Looking great bud.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
          MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Wow! Finally.... someone does this mod to their mirrors. We're the only two that's done this (unless I'm mistaken). Looks good in all black. Only integras,preludes and I think some TLs fit.

Here's when I first put I on my car, 2011

I'm the first one though,lol Your just the first one to put it on PFM.
            Last edited by ShiroiKinCB; 08-04-2013, 01:52 PM.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Thanks Carlos! I wish we was closer, than it'd be easier to see and enjoy our progress without having to travel and burn gas. I'm happy I'm able to get work done to her this year too, I vowed to do work because i knew once school starts all i would have time for would be maintenance... if that! lol

Nice! someone else who has them!~ I'm glad we're the only ones, when I finish building my Ultra-Luxury side mirrors I'll be sure to send you pics! I'm just glad Honda makes things pretty universal... theres always something that can be done to our accords to make them more unique and different from a regular accord using OE parts.

Comment

how the rear sits

how the front sits

Comment

Its looking good bro, VIP as hell.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Thanks Accorn! Actually, my coworker's friend who travels a lot (and notably traveled to japan) told me that my car felt exactly like the taxis in japan, complete with the curtains and the mirror and just the overall interior feel. she told me all i needed was a cap and some white gloves to complete the look hah!

Comment

i've got the squeaks!!! ;_; squeaks on slow speed bumps, squeaks the more i drive it throughout the day (in the morning its beautiful) squeaks on slow turns, squeaks on turns... searched around to see what it could be and like i feared... my LBJ's. I needa get this girl to a shop before school starts or i'm donezo. perhaps this will be my chance to do ROH conversion since knuckle will be off yeeee!

also, it's been kinda hard to find a solid answer to this question.

My ROH + Legend Brake Swap

Acura 2.3CL Hubs (thanks 19dabeast85!)
                      Accord Bearings (thanks 19dabeast85!)
                      Legend 2 Piston Calipers
                      25T caliper brackets
                      Acura 3.0CL Rotors

Now heres the question. What pads would I use for this setup? do I match the ROTOR (in which case, I'll get Acura 3.0CL Pads), or do I match the CALIPER (in which case, I'll get the Legend pads)? Does it matter? If it doesn't matter, should I get the CL ones to be safe so i know everything will be able to squeeze into the caliper, just in case legend pads are actually thicker??

Comment

my brother is gonna help me work out the wiring for my JDM side mirrors. happy to call him my brother, flesh and blood haha.

Comment

There's not a 100% correct pad for that setup. If it were me then I would get a pad for a car with 11.1" rotors that are 25mm thick. The 3.0CL rotors would fit the bill. The thing keeping them from being perfect is the lack of a dual-piston backing surface. If you wanted, you could get the Legend dual-piston pads and sand them down until they fit with the correct amount of drag on the rotor.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                            There's not a 100% correct pad for that setup. If it were me then I would get a pad for a car with 11.1" rotors that are 25mm thick. The 3.0CL rotors would fit the bill. The thing keeping them from being perfect is the lack of a dual-piston backing surface. If you wanted, you could get the Legend dual-piston pads and sand them down until they fit with the correct amount of drag on the rotor.
                            Yeah, that was the thing that stopped me from buying it from kragen a few nights ago. the guy mentioned that "if the pads are for a 2-piston caliper, then the pads have different seats designed for the 2 pistons" and I was like "oh... shoot really?" and then it made me rethink, because the CL was single piston. gah. alright then, I'll prolly shoot for the 95 Legend Coupe brake pads first and if they don't clear then I'll try the CL pads. Thanks Jarrett for giving me some insight so early in the day! (it's 4:32am o.o)

Comment

$160 and less than an hour later, I had my LBJs installed by a friend's shop. oh the convenience is amazing xD I would've been slaving over that piece if I did it at home.

still got the creaking sound though >_> carlos says its my bushings, so time to find some poly grease. theres also a clicking sound... I'm thinking that's my brake pads hitting the ridge on my rotors which I need to replace haha

Comment

Legend pads fit. Same pads as the nsx, fun fact. 11.1" 25mm 3.0cl rotors, 94-95 legend gs sedan pads, 25t caliper brackets, rebuilt legend 2-piston calipers. The set-up fits, now to bolt it on! Ill make a diy I guess too

Comment

Working...
                                X