No announcement yet.

KeeleDesign : 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I's just messing with ya. i am poor just make good decisions most the time.

when done right, you don't see my car going down the road and go it an eclipse, it says something else and you know it's a beast as it purrs down the road at 10 mph.
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

I got my tps calibrated yesterday as the voltage was wrong, and it's hard as crap to get to the bolts. so i was able to adjust my idle screw out and get my base idle at 900 rpms, because it kept dieing on me everytime i stopped, once i get all my tiny leaks of coolant and oil fixed and keep all my fluids where they belong I'll begin baseline tunning .
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

i used to have a 92 gsx. it made 403awhp with a ported 20g. they're fun cars especially with a good auto. nothing like no boost drop off. kudos on the build man just keep an eye on the oil pressure and temp they like to eat bearings.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

ohh yeah a week ago i got myself... i new i should have replaced the front main seal and i did not.
          so it blew and went everywhere, so I'm in the process of of taking my timing belt off replacing it, and absolutely every seal and gasket on that side of the engine while it's down.
          I also purchased another used dnp exhaust manifold, so the ported SBR cast manifold, that has better flow than the evo 3 will be up for dirt cheap grabs, , I'll hook ya up.

this time it's on the grass in my front yard, no air compressors, jacks or really any of my tools, i'm not taking it back to the shop, i'm sick of working on it their.

well thats where i am, i just need more nice days to get more done, I'm also pulling the oil pump to make sure that the bse was done correctly, and i might as well go ahead and change the water pump at the same time.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
            evo owners can't have something this nice...
            Fah q, you!

I don't come here in forever and I sniffed this thread out. haha
            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

isn't it funny that the car you have, people always think you could do better.

it's kinda like the accord vs prelude debate. It comes down to me wanting a 2 dr with a sportier look and stance without the mivec in their complicating my tuning abilities. but the evo is def, it's big brother.

I'm sure you've also been told to do better. and it's annoying.
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

paint my car. k thanks!

Comment

i choose to make mine better than anyones

"Self Renewed"

Comment

It seams as though whoever did this bse on the engine i baught , was 2 nickel's shy of a dime.

Take a look at these photos and the major crap it caused.

this angle looks fine.

look here where the gear teetch were wearing into the housing.

you'll see the shaft was nearly a half inch from even reaching the seal, all that was holding oil in was the metal rubbing metal on the inside of the journal.

look at all these metal shaving and how the shaft is scored beyond repair.

\

you'll see here how deep into the housing this gear was forced in, and littlerly couldn't go any further to reach the seal.

when this is what it should look like.

and this.

i hate whoever did this,,, I hate you.

does anyone have the large sproket part # i need for the 1g setup?

Would the large toothed gear work out of my 2g oil pump?

tore my 2g pump apart last night and they are indeed the same, so that saves me time and money.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

rebuilt my oil pump with the bse, no more leak, also got all new seals installed everywhere and the oil pump back on, oil pan , transferr case, exhaust, got the new timing belt put on and set, all the power steering, a/c, and alt all cleaned reassembled, and set to correct tension, i lack the turbo, and manifold and the coolant housing, as i went ahead and replaced all the coolant hoses while i was at it. i'm tired.

my install photos

"Self Renewed"

Comment

so she's back together and running pretty good with a higher oil pressue, gona make sure timing on cas is dead on tommorrow night. yay.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                          isn't it funny that the car you have, people always think you could do better.

it's kinda like the accord vs prelude debate. It comes down to me wanting a 2 dr with a sportier look and stance without the mivec in their complicating my tuning abilities. but the evo is def, it's big brother.

I'm sure you've also been told to do better. and it's annoying.
                          I have an 8, so it's a lot like tuning a DSM, no MIVEC to deal with. Though it does help the big turbo guys spool a lot quicker.
                          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

so you have dsmlink? or ecmlink, same thing
                            Last edited by KeeleDesign; 04-17-2011, 08:39 AM.
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

got her buffed and waxed and spiffy all the way around, she's baaaaack.

my fav. pic at the moment.

"Self Renewed"

Comment

dsmlink, hp #'s are showing 490, and peek torque at 6,200 rpm's at 526 ft lbs. These numbers are not a dyno or 100% accurate, but they are the best calculation of #'s you can possibly get when dealing with all the specifications, +or- 5-10%

I'm still in the process of increasing timing to push it to the limit. Thats at 21 psi holding steady all day long.

plan on running max boost of 26 psi with this setup. But tuning is a verry long time consoming ordeal, when doing it correctly.

It's crazzy these cars love to stay around 210 degrees, so the cool down time between runs is verry much a big inconvience.

It's really opening new doors for me, I'm considering verry strongly, pushing my direction to open my own shop for custom or collision work and a dyno setup for RWD's and AWD's since their aren't any within a reasonable limit from our place. It'll be an expensive investment, but I do believe the older i get this is the work I'd like to move torward, something that takes more knowledge and less manual labor. I believe i could pull it off being in a central location from 3 gigantic cities.
                                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                                X