No announcement yet.

KeeleDesign : 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's been a while since i've given an update, i have an entire 1g engine, I kept the 1g cams, put 2g pistons and wrist pins on 1g big rods, bolted on some arp head studs and main studs, added the commetic head gasket, deleted the balance shaft, added a front facing oil filter housing, I've ordered my kiggley adapter kit for the 1g block to bolt to the 2g automatic tranny, as the 2g torque converter is bigger and it needed a spacer.
    i have a valve cover off a hyundai that fits you wouldn't know the difference unless you were told, as they also built 6bolt blocks.
    it's been sand blasted and primed,
    things to do.
    1.I have my flat tire off ready to have it patched.

2.need to get new drilled and slotted front and rear disk brake rotors and pads as mine are so rusted the car cannot move until this is done.

3.ngk bpr8es spark plugs, as they are 1 step colder plugs

4.35-38mm external wastegate flange,, then weld it to my o2 dump tube

5.valve cover gasket

6.rear main crank seal... i better do it now.

7.thermostat gasket.

8.new fuel injector o rings as the injectors are used.

9.oil pan gasket

10.egr block off plate

11.2g k&n air filter

12. oil filter

13. a new battery

14. intake manifold gasket,,, maybe a magnus thermoshield gasket

15. i need to solder the new flange for the bov to the alluminum piping

I am waiting on my 1g intake manifold and the larger 1g tb to arrive,
    so the 2g intake and tb i painted are up for sale dirt cheap i don't need them.
    i still might have to re-work my exhaust to match up to the new 20g turbo ohh and i will be running the gigantic ported sbr cast manifold as well, i haven't taken photos yet..

I haven't ever removed and awd engine before, from my research I'll have to disconect the transferr case, keep it level and then pull the engine and tranny all in one unfortunately,, if this is the case i am sure their will be a few more unforseen suprises that will need to be fixed or at least maintained.
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

everything has been ordered including drilled rotors, the only thing i lack is an oil filter and a k&n air filter....... I am verry excited and still have alot of fabrication ahead.
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

I'm hoping by summer this thing will be complete and i will be able to attend the nashville meet with you guys
        "Self Renewed"

Comment

external wastegate right now with a 7lb spring, i was told should put my max boost with this setup around 17 psi for now. others with this setup at 19 psi are running around 460hp, and taken into account the loss from the atuo.. I'll eventually have to up the boost.

sbr cast manifold, with gigantic ports etc.... compared to oem this thing is massive. i got this cheap, i couldn't afford the old dnp manifold i had right now. and i may not need it with this bigger turbo.

IDK why i painted it candy gold.................... because i hate it and i have already went back and painted it flat black. but it's funny because thats the riceiest this car has or will ever look.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

my drilled front and rear rotors and ceramic brake pads showed up.
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Dude, I dont know but I loved that gold. People would
              have thought it was grill insert or something. Until you flu right
              by them... I thought it looked sick with the black.

PAINT IT BACK ... !

You got skills when it comes to painting !

:Back In Business...

Comment

^ im with him on this i kinda like the intercooler that color really different looks sick
                WHITEONWHITE

Comment

interesting cuz i hated it.. 100% lol the backside is still gold but the front is flat black likethe rims,

i was replacing my brakes yesterday and broke a braket bolt in the bracket..... yet another setback,,, finding these for a gsx with dual caliper pistons not the easiest thing in the world.
                  "Self Renewed"

Comment

i have baught some heat changing paint. i am planning on using it on my 1g intake mani, so i can tell when it's heat soaked. i also plan on doing some valve covers in it, with hidden graphics and signitures, that won't show up till the car is on and heats up!!!! i have a million ideas on how to manipulate this into something awsome!
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

did you get your motor yet?
                      WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
                        i have baught some heat changing paint. i am planning on using it on my 1g intake mani, so i can tell when it's heat soaked. i also plan on doing some valve covers in it, with hidden graphics and signitures, that won't show up till the car is on and heats up!!!! i have a million ideas on how to manipulate this into something awsome!
                        That could be a sweet idea for a hood too. Not sure how hot/warm it has to be to change color...

I was just reading something lately in an auto body magazine about some new paint that changes color when voltage is applied to the panel. It was not a very detailed article though, so not sure how the development of that is coming along.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

it changes at 86 degrees. it's alsa eclipse piant, google some videos on it.

ended up not using it on my intake and valve cover today.... i liked how they looked without it.

yeah man i have a 6 bolt motor and have slighlyty built it... you must not have been reading my posts.
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

the 1g intake manifold,i shaved the top to have a cleaner look., the valve cover , cam sensor and throttle body
                            It's a 2g TB i plan on just reeming the backside to flow into the 1g intake manifold for now., I swaped the braket from the 1g coil pack and made the 2g coil fit on it. this is white with candy gold sprayed over it. either like or hate it i like it..... even though i am not normally a fan of this color, but i believe with my car being all black this pop like it needs.

still waiting on more parts though,, my k&n air filter showed up today as did my brake calipers as one of mine broke when changing them.... just my luck.

Last edited by KeeleDesign; 12-03-2010, 07:55 PM.
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

man i know you gotta dsm valve cover laying around paint one for me
                              WHITEONWHITE

Comment

i would but i don't...... i actually had to buy this cover, and it's off a hyundai. I am out of covers for anything, it's hard to find them now days.
                                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                                X