X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shawn.hayden

/

I've got a serious question... Why does it seem that every domestic (more specifically camaro/corvette/mustang) owner think there car cannot be beaten by an import, or that it is possible for an import to be faster than there car? I seriously am wondering if it is a birth defect or something cause it seems like everyone I've ever met with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 think that there domestic car is just godly when it comes to racing (and by racing I mean straight line power)

Well just like I said to another guy here if you were in So Cal I would show you how fast AMERICAN MUSCLE can be but you are far away so we will never meet or my car would put your car in its place.

Comment

Originally posted by shawn.hayden
      I dont care nothing about any fucking corvette website, as should you not care about any CB7 since you obviously are doubting that 2point6 beat this Z06 (which is 100% possible since his car runs faster times than MOST stock Z06's)

so why dont you go back to your overpriced american car website and talk to them about how its impossible for a 4 door family car to beat your beautiful Z06, cause they might care what you say... but dont come to OUR site and tell us that OUR cars cant do things that THEY HAVE AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO MORE AND MORE.

/end rant

I've got a serious question... Why does it seem that every domestic (more specifically camaro/corvette/mustang) owner think there car cannot be beaten by an import, or that it is possible for an import to be faster than there car? I seriously am wondering if it is a birth defect or something cause it seems like everyone I've ever met with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 think that there domestic car is just godly when it comes to racing (and by racing I mean straight line power)
      Wow, all the facts were written on page 10 and beyond, so if you missed them, go back to page 10. I don't want to repeat what has been said over and over again. I only have a GT that runs high 12s. I know there are some imports that can beat it. I won't deny that. I've seen 9 second Supras. I also have a new V6 Accord. I can beat my friend's stock '94 GT convertible with it.

Some American cars are ridiculously fast and not many other cars can touch them. Take a look at the 03/04 Cobras. Some run 11s with a single pulley change. A lot of guys are getting them up to 500rwhp with simple bolt-ons. Slap on a KB and you have 580+ rwhp. Now that's a beast.

Another example is the new Z06. That is basically a street legal race car. Put on 100 shot on that, and you deep into the 10s, maybe even 9s with slicks. The point is these cars are factory hot rods. Cars like my Accord aren't. That is pretty cool when can pull 12s out of a grocery getter though.

I don't care what the car is, if it goes fast, I like it.
      '04 Accord EX.

Comment

Many of my closest friends and people around my area own domestic "muscle cars" . The import and domestic crowd around here both have respect for one another as we each realize the capabilities of the two types of cars. It is true that there are some in each crowd that talks crap and run their mouth, but to us, they loose all respect. This is the one thing I hate about discussion forums. People come in that obviosuly do not belong just to talk up a lot of crap. I could care less of some guy who I don;t even know thinks my car is a piece of crap. His/her opinion of me or my car makes no matter. The opinions I care about are the ones of my close friends and of those who hang out at our local race spots..

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          I personally think this thread should be closed but ummm...how does a stock rear wheel drive car only have a ~10% drivetrain loss? I'll say no more...somebody please close this thing too many haters in one place...they might form a committee
          Actually, the tranny in a vette is mounted in the rear of the vehicle, for less drivetrain loss (And also a perfect 50/50 weight distribution).. The 405 flywheel is also slightly underrated, just as the 390 on the 03-04 Cobras is.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R
            All those 11 second bone stock z06 C5's out there is impressive. Especially when the more powerful REGULAR C6 only runs mid 12's. I highly doubt the zo6's you are talking about are pulling 11 sec's bone stock.
            A C5 z06 is faster then a c6 everyday of the week... The C6 has issues with torque management (an algorythim in the computer which some tuners are now offering defeats for) as well as having a steeper gear ratio on the tranny (MN12 vs MN6 tranny, 1st is considerably taller, 2nd and 3rd are also taller) as well as the z06 weighing less. Plus the LS6 has slightly higher peak power (405 - 400) and consistantly dyno's higher at the wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
              wouldn't 11's make it faster than the vipers? and almost as fast as the mclaren and jag xj's(can never remember the numbers)...just asking
              Well, the z06 runs with the Viper.. Thats a drivers race. Some SRT-10's are pulling 11.5's stock. but it puts it ahead of the R/T-10 and slightly ahead of the GTS. The Ford GT, Ferrari Enzo, etc.. all run low 11's, but with higher traps.. The problem gets to be more along the lines of production tires cant hold the power.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                not to flame anyone but this is the reason i own an accord and spend a lot of time on this site because people in here dont go to other sites just to call bs if your car is so superior you wouldnt need to come talk to us about it you wouldnt even notice our "inferior" cars not to flame anyone at all i got love for all cars

and btw the corvette is by no means stock
                Its not like that man... I ran across this on a site where they were baggin on you guys.. I checked it out. There are some things tossed around here that are waay off. The guy that started the thread... If hes running 12.9 (and I have no reason to doubt him) he's hauling ass. Thats pretty dam fast for a sedan with an I4 esp all motor. And I beat its one hell of a sleeper that gets all kinds of cars, catching them off guard. As for your "inferior" cars.. It's not like that either. One of the guys who just posted here has an accord and a 03 Cobra. I have a Civic and a Vette. Its not that we hate import cars. Just trying to add a dose realism.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaps11secC5
                  Its not like that man... I ran across this on a site where they were baggin on you guys.. I checked it out. There are some things tossed around here that are waay off. The guy that started the thread... If hes running 12.9 (and I have no reason to doubt him) he's hauling ass. Thats pretty dam fast for a sedan with an I4 esp all motor. And I beat its one hell of a sleeper that gets all kinds of cars, catching them off guard. As for your "inferior" cars.. It's not like that either. One of the guys who just posted here has an accord and a 03 Cobra. I have a Civic and a Vette. Its not that we hate import cars. Just trying to add a dose realism.
                  Very well said.
                  '04 Accord EX.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                    Well, the Accord was rated between 16.6-17.0 in the quarter stock depending on the trim. I present a little known vid on this site of a stock Accord doing a 16.15

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=269

Fluke cars happen.
                    Actually that probably wasnt a fluke car... If you guys know anything about racing, you know d/a (density/altitude). Depending on atmospheric conditions (high temp/ high humidity bad, high pressure good and alititude close to sea level the better) cars times will vary greatly. A car that runs 12.0's in Dec at Englishtown will probably only run a 13.5 in Denver in July. Car and Driver, Motor Trend, etc.. do not account for d/a on their times. And believe it or not, there are a whole lot of people out there that can drive better then these guys. If you through a magazine editor in my car, give it to him for a morning, and let him run it at the strip, I seriously doubt he will beat my time with hundreds of passes and experience on my setup.

Comment

My there is a guy at the track back home that has a Z06 with heads pistons and like 100 shot of Nitrus. and ran high 13s, but he is now getting the hang of 100 shot and is running like 11s. But still a nice kill and goes to show how knowledge at times is better then money.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaps11secC5
                        Actually that probably wasnt a fluke car... If you guys know anything about racing, you know d/a (density/altitude). Depending on atmospheric conditions (high temp/ high humidity bad, high pressure good and alititude close to sea level the better) cars times will vary greatly. A car that runs 12.0's in Dec at Englishtown will probably only run a 13.5 in Denver in July. Car and Driver, Motor Trend, etc.. do not account for d/a on their times. And believe it or not, there are a whole lot of people out there that can drive better then these guys. If you through a magazine editor in my car, give it to him for a morning, and let him run it at the strip, I seriously doubt he will beat my time with hundreds of passes and experience on my setup.
                        Car and Driver does correct for altitude, but I agree that there is a difference in drivers, what I'm just trying to say is you can get some crazy numbers depending. That Accord is pretty fluke for a non-modded car. No one can get a 16.1 off a stock accord, even with the best driver in the world.

Comment

Why the was the vette guy banned? I didn't think he said anything out of line. I thought there was a pretty good debate going on. That's sure a nice welcome to the site.
                          '04 Accord EX.

Comment

Originally posted by ampstang
                            Why the was the vette guy banned? I didn't think he said anything out of line. I thought there was a pretty good debate going on. That's sure a nice welcome to the site.
                            because his IP address was pretty much identical to the terminator guys' - who WAS acting like an idiot. he also joined at the same time and has about the same number of posts.. i'm sure he has some connection with that guy. i've unbanned and PM'ed him, cause it could be someone else.. but i just don't have time for this shit. i know a lot of guys like to play games and re-register under different names..

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                              because his IP address was pretty much identical to the terminator guys' - who WAS acting like an idiot. he also joined at the same time and has about the same number of posts.. i'm sure he has some connection with that guy. i've unbanned and PM'ed him, cause it could be someone else.. but i just don't have time for this shit. i know a lot of guys like to play games and re-register under different names..
                              I guess I joined at close to the same time, but that's just a coincidence.
                              '04 Accord EX.

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                                Thanks Steve..It was really getting on my nerves that someone was trying to pick a fight in this community. I back you up 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X