Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accords are slow. even swapped w/ a stock motor. by stock i mean un altered motors in stock form even if it's an h22, f22b, what ever. start tossing on boost, internal work what have you, than it's not stock. untill then i'm gettin groceries.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigante
      Are you retarded? Did you just randomly press the quote button and start typing? You quoted me and then asked about something i didnt say.
      Well it sounds like you are mad that an accord beat a z06, as if it is impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        Yeah. I've heard that 220whp from a H22A is really pushing it... Anything more than that is really interesting!

I hope to have 350-400whp sometime in the future... Just enough to be able to run a 12 second 1/4. I don't need any faster.

there was a 99 civic coupe w/ H22 swap runnin 5 lbs of boost that dyno'd at 255.4 whp at the last dyno meet I went to... and it's Daily Driven

it all depends on how much your on the car, and how hard you drive it... also the amount you put into BUILDing the engine to withstand the higher compression (whether it be NA or FI)
        OS^e
        1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

There's a turbo Civic in my town with 377.8 whp and its daily driven. Sure it's not the most reliable thing on the road, but the guy does drive it. It's projected to break 11's.

Comment

No offence guys, but what do turbo Civics have to do with this post?

Comment

The concept of daily driver came up, as far as being related to power numbers, and the not having the ability to have a fast daily driven import. So we were just bringing up examples of fast street cars.

Comment

Well now...Licking isn't only encouraged, it's likey to be Enforced. HAWT DAWG!!

Ok, after reading all this, let's get back to the IMPORTANT part.

2.6, that's great. You and yours are an inspiration to us ALL. (Even the haters, it gives them a target.)
                If I could, I would make my baby a near emulation of yours and race her on the track.
                I myself have a couple of kills that would most likely spur a few flames and debates, but I was there, so I know what happened.
                You were there so you know what happened.
                Much respect for your mods and your attention to detail.

Quick question, though: $$$? (How much to do all the motor mods?)

I will now go and join CollectiveRacing because I can't read the forums unless I do, which sucks.
                FAST is an idea, TOO FAST is a consequence.

Here's My Idea

Comment

OK, Guess what? I ran a 12.9 at the track and I once again beat another Z06 on the street. I am setting up a race at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base against a F16 for the first 1/8th mile. I think I have a chance... EAT A DICK HATERS! LOL.
                  Last edited by 2point6; 02-24-2005, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Snuff, I believe the car has about a total of $40 or so into it, right 2point6? Is that including the R&D motors and other rejected/broken parts along the way?

I'm pretty curious how much money would be involved in building the motor you are currently running. (not just simple curiousity... I want to build that motor! )

Comment

40 bucks?! REALLY!!?? oh....oh wait, that's AMERICAN isn't it.... crap. That's like a MILLION canadian dollars. Retards

Really. How much? Ball park.
                      FAST is an idea, TOO FAST is a consequence.

Here's My Idea

Comment

Sorry, I meant $40,000

He said it before in another post. Possibly his Member's Rides thread.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          Sorry, I meant $40,000

He said it before in another post. Possibly his Member's Rides thread.
                          with 40,000 you cna go a lot further than that.
                          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

$40,000 is what he put into the car, including trial and error, I believe. He had 2 motors built for him by R&D, both of which blew up. That's where the 2.6 name came from, I believe... those motors were 2.6L... he has since discovered that 2.45 or so is the maximum for reliability.

I'm thinking that there's no more than $15,000, possibly less (especially if no labor charges are included) in that particular motor. What was learned by trial and error, however, can also be included in the cost. If one of us were to mimic that motor, it would cost us far less thanks to Scott's experiences.

Comment

i can see where the muscle car guy is coming from saying that with so much money you can make a V8 faster and quicker than a 4 cyl but you also dont get the challege the 4 cyl makes. sure anyone can invest $15k into a muscle car and make it run 9-10 seconds but there is no challenge in that. people have been doing this to hotrods since the 40's so now it is our generations turn so let us build our hot rods how we choose. if we choose to make 4 cyl's fast then let us no one is stopping you from making your hotrod fast. this is all about the sport and the love of mechanics and speed. you build yours how you want and we will build ours how we want. i can vouch for 2point6 on how fast his car is and how much work has been put into it. i have seen it in person and it is a piece of mechanic art. he is a role model for some people so dont look down upon that.
                              www.rms-usa.com

Comment

Exactly... Fizzbob always played the devil's advocate when this came up... He said you can have a 12 second 5.0 Mustang for $4000, including the price of the car. I don't doubt that one bit! I also know a guy that has a 12 second 5.0 that gets worse gas mileage than a Hummer. I believe 2point6 gets about 28mpg, which is better than I'm doing now on my fairly stock engine!

I always root for the underdog myself. I go to the track and watch 10 second V8s with little interest. I marvel at 13-12 second all motor 4cylinder cars though! Neither is better, just different. A matter of preference. I want a daily driver that can run quick times. A gas-hogging V8 isn't the choice for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X