This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb7-R
    All those 11 second bone stock z06 C5's out there is impressive. Especially when the more powerful REGULAR C6 only runs mid 12's. I highly doubt the zo6's you are talking about are pulling 11 sec's bone stock.
    If you highly doubt Z06s (stock) are running 11s, you are highly wrong. Do a little research before you throw up the BS flag.
    '04 Accord EX.

Comment

Originally posted by ampstang
      Sorry if I insult anyone since I'm a newbie and everything, but it seems like none of you have a clue what you are talking about. Stock, most Z06s are running low 12s. There have also been a lot of guys running high 11s being stock down to the paper filter. Believe me, if you "raced" a Z06, he wasn't racing. I've had a lot of ricers come up to me when I'm driving my Mustang who rev their engines, then floor it. It's funny when they put on their emergency flashers like they just "owned" me. Guess what? I wasn't racing. You'll be lucky to find any Z06 owner that will race you at a stoplight. Most Z06 owners aren't 16 year old kids. If you want to learn more about Z06s, I recommend going to www.z06vette.com. If you want to learn more about true American power, go to www.svtperformance.com. I'm not trying to flame Accord owners, because I have one too, I'm just saying, before you starting saying this car is slow and that car is slow, learn a little about the cars first. Remember, the Z06 only weighs 3100lbs. and has around 365 rwhp stock. Motor Trend tested it and it ran a 12.2 quarter mile.

Not trying to specifically flame anyone, I just want to make sure you get your facts straight before you play the number game.
      btw i am in a corvette club and there is not a zo6 completely stock running low 12's sorry if you dont like the fact that a import 4 cyl running low 13's high 12's beating your beloved super cars than get off the site. trust me i learned to drive in an eleven second corvette zr-1 i love corvettes and domeatics in general and no there is not a driver who can run low 12's in a zo6 stock unless they are launching off of a patch of airplane glue just my 2 cents

"Tucking tires and wires."
      The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
        btw i am in a corvette club and there is not a zo6 completely stock running low 12's sorry if you dont like the fact that a import 4 cyl running low 13's high 12's beating your beloved super cars than get off the site. trust me i learned to drive in an eleven second corvette zr-1 i love corvettes and domeatics in general and no there is not a driver who can run low 12's in a zo6 stock unless they are launching off of a patch of airplane glue just my 2 cents

Well that thing in your sig sure isnt gonna beat a Z-06!

Comment

Originally posted by 04 TERMINATOR
          Well that thing in your sig sure isnt gonna beat a Z-06!
          no but the corvette and camaro in my garage will

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by 04 TERMINATOR
            I know I am knew here but your story doesnt sound right, my car puts out 531 rwhp and even on bald drag radials it and not traction I can still turn 11's, and as far as your whp and wtq numbers dude it is hard to beleive.
            Okay, I'm coming into this as a car enthusiast here, so I'd prefer not to get flamed.

2point6's car is by far probably the most built N/A cars on the site. He also runs at a high altitude, I have no reason to disprove his numbers, his car is crazily built.

I've never seen an 11 second vette in car and driver, and they're some of the best test drivers in the world. The can get numbers other magazines can't replicate. They're getting low 12's I believe.

I don't get why Vette owners have to come in here and pick on us Accord guys. We have 12-15 year old SEDANS, and we're just trying to have fun with them, so give us a break. Sure there will be a few ignorant people who will start fights and its happening here, but these are 2 different classes of cars. C'mon guys. You can't even begin to compare a Vette against a Accord. If you want to compare...compare a Vette against a MkIV supra with comparable price mods, that's fair.

I mean if you are going to compare, keep in it the same class, so what does that put us against, a Lumina Euro? Then we'll talk.

Any car can be made fast with the right amount of R&D, money and heart. But every car has its base and limitations. We are starting with family sedans trying to make it the best car we can. You guys are starting with factory hot rods doing the same thing. Our end goals are the same, so why do you need to come here and attack us?

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
              I personally think this thread should be closed but ummm...how does a stock rear wheel drive car only have a ~10% drivetrain loss? I'll say no more...somebody please close this thing too many haters in one place...they might form a committee
              We aren't "haters", we just want the BS to go down the drain. We're only giving facts. If all of you want to live in the fantasy world where Accords beat Z06s that only run 13s, then close the thread. If you want to hear the real FACTS, then let them be shown.

I love my Accord, and any Accord that makes it into the 12s is definately impressive.
              '04 Accord EX.

Comment

fastest time I ever saw a Z06 run was a mid 12 (I think it was a 12.4) and it had Headers/exhaust (which wouldnt help much but still wasnt bone stock)

I dont understand anyone who owns Domestic cars... theres a group of people in the town I live that drive LT1/LS1 camaro's that think there just unbeatable... most of them are pretty stock... and the "fastest" one of the group got beat by a buddy of mines H22 powered CB7 (he has a Skunk2 intake mani, DC Header, Magnaflow catback and a 50 shot) Camaro guy ran a 8.9, Jamie (accord guy) ran an 8.5.... that was in an 1/8th

of course they had an excuse (jamie had slicks on his car and he had an unfair advantage )
                OS^e
                1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

not to flame anyone but this is the reason i own an accord and spend a lot of time on this site because people in here dont go to other sites just to call bs if your car is so superior you wouldnt need to come talk to us about it you wouldnt even notice our "inferior" cars not to flame anyone at all i got love for all cars

and btw the corvette is by no means stock

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                    Okay, I'm coming into this as a car enthusiast here, so I'd prefer not to get flamed.

2point6's car is by far probably the most built N/A cars on the site. He also runs at a high altitude, I have no reason to disprove his numbers, his car is crazily built.

I've never seen an 11 second vette in car and driver, and they're some of the best test drivers in the world. The can get numbers other magazines can't replicate. They're getting low 12's I believe.

I don't get why Vette owners have to come in here and pick on us Accord guys. We have 12-15 year old SEDANS, and we're just trying to have fun with them, so give us a break. Sure there will be a few ignorant people who will start fights and its happening here, but these are 2 different classes of cars. C'mon guys. You can't even begin to compare a Vette against a Accord. If you want to compare...compare a Vette against a MkIV supra with comparable price mods, that's fair.

I mean if you are going to compare, keep in it the same class, so what does that put us against, a Lumina Euro? Then we'll talk.

Any car can be made fast with the right amount of R&D, money and heart. But every car has its base and limitations. We are starting with family sedans trying to make it the best car we can. You guys are starting with factory hot rods doing the same thing. Our end goals are the same, so why do you need to come here and attack us?
                    I don't think anyone is trying to pick on anyone else. We are just trying to eliminate the BS. I've personally seen a bone stock Z06 run an 11.9 at San Antonio raceway. There are also plenty of other vette drivers with the same numbers.

I see your point. It is always cool to be able to beat higher end cars in a 15 year old sedan. All of us love perfomance and making what we drive faster.
                    '04 Accord EX.

Comment

now i call i grew up around corvettes

sorry to offend anyone im just glad we can agree on one thing.... cars are all that matters

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4
                        now i call i grew up around corvettes
                        I don't see what you're calling BS on. It is a proven FACT that some vettes are getting into the 11s stock. Go to www.z06vette.com. I think I saw a video of one there that did an 11.8. Since you grew up around corvettes, that automatically makes you an expert, right? lol
                        '04 Accord EX.

Comment

no it doesnt make me an expert but it does give me an idea of what they run wouldnt that make sense and btw i know you may have seen them run eleven prove they were stock. its a fact that vettes come with near optimal exhaust for the car and all it takes is a lil bit of internal building very sleeper there is nothing visible besides a turbo or supercharger that can make a vette run 11's no disrespect i just like debating and i like how at least you know what ur talkin about some peeps come in here throughin around some terms and expect us to believe it..... come on now were all car guys

The Chronicles.

Comment

I dont care nothing about any fucking corvette website, as should you not care about any CB7 since you obviously are doubting that 2point6 beat this Z06 (which is 100% possible since his car runs faster times than MOST stock Z06's)

so why dont you go back to your overpriced american car website and talk to them about how its impossible for a 4 door family car to beat your beautiful Z06, cause they might care what you say... but dont come to OUR site and tell us that OUR cars cant do things that THEY HAVE AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO MORE AND MORE.

/end rant

I've got a serious question... Why does it seem that every domestic (more specifically camaro/corvette/mustang) owner think there car cannot be beaten by an import, or that it is possible for an import to be faster than there car? I seriously am wondering if it is a birth defect or something cause it seems like everyone I've ever met with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 think that there domestic car is just godly when it comes to racing (and by racing I mean straight line power)
                            OS^e
                            1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

^^^^^^^^^ i was thinkin the same thing but didnt want to come across that blunt

The Chronicles.

Comment

I would just like to show a link as far as what may happen with one fluke car.

I'm sure there may very well be a Z06 or two that can do an 11.9 or so quarter. So they're rated at what 12.3-12.4 stock, by magazines?

Well, the Accord was rated between 16.6-17.0 in the quarter stock depending on the trim. I present a little known vid on this site of a stock Accord doing a 16.15

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=269

Fluke cars happen.

Lets just end this, but I agree, don't join a website to flame the members. Spend the time making your 531 hp car go faster.

Comment

Working...
                                X