P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th gen accord side skirts are installed

Acura Vigor Gas/Trunk Lever Cover installed OEM Black!

Civic SI (off an EJ coupe) middle sunvisor mod

You can probably pull a middle sunvisor off a legend or something too and do this as well. the Civic one was grey, so I picked it up
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Wow I'm impressed on how well the sideskirts fit! How did you eliminate the "shortage" that usually appears on the end? Did you just run it shorter on the front and have the mudflap cover it?
      ]

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Nine View Post
        Wow I'm impressed on how well the sideskirts fit! How did you eliminate the "shortage" that usually appears on the end? Did you just run it shorter on the front and have the mudflap cover it?
        yes

I treated the skirt as if it was an aftermarket side skirt and installed it over my OEM CB skirt. First, I lined up the back of the skirts, and then at the front I slotted the CB skirt and did a little cutting on the CD skirt so that it could fit into the slot I cut on the CB skirt, kinda like a puzzle piece. I made sure not to cut the mudflap screwhole on the CB skirt though, since you'll need to save it to screw the mudflap into. the backend is held together by a nut and bolt, and the front is held on by the slot and the mudflap, which also doubles to cover up the cuts made to the cb skirts. I don't remember how else the front is held on, but it was pretty stable. You also cut all the inner tabs on the CD skirt so nothing gets in the way of it installing over the CB.

by installing it on the CB skirt you can have your skirts held on by all the OEM clips the CB skirt would be installed by.

the top lip of the CD skirt needs to be trimmed down to fit over the CB skirt though, the part you see when you open the door and you look down on the skirt. on the CD, its wider by a bit, so you have to shorten it. theres a tiny tiny lip that also sticks up on the CD skirt, which is as far as you need to cut. haha, its a little hard to understand, so if you want I can take pictures of this part.

aaannddd... that about covers it, i think. You'll need the 5th Gen mudflaps though, the CD skirt is bigger so the CB mudflaps won't fit over them.

Comment

Oh so THAT's why it seems to hang lower or am I just seeing things? Everyone else removes the stock sideskirt so it seems pointless to me because it doesn't seem to hang much lower, which is what I'm looking for. However the way you did it really caught my attention because it looked different, and lined up with the front lip.

And yeah I understand the gist of what you said. Pretty much going to have to improvise as I go while keeping your cutting points in mind. Always liking what you are doing to the car bro. Every little detail you focus on makes a world of a difference; Keep up the good work! If I ever get to doing this it'll be because of you.
          ]

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Nine View Post
            Oh so THAT's why it seems to hang lower or am I just seeing things? Everyone else removes the stock sideskirt so it seems pointless to me because it doesn't seem to hang much lower, which is what I'm looking for. However the way you did it really caught my attention because it looked different, and lined up with the front lip.

And yeah I understand the gist of what you said. Pretty much going to have to improvise as I go while keeping your cutting points in mind. Always liking what you are doing to the car bro. Every little detail you focus on makes a world of a difference; Keep up the good work! If I ever get to doing this it'll be because of you.
            it looks a lil lower because of how its mounted onto the CB skirt, what you're seeing might the belly of the CD skirt if you were to install the CD skirt without the CB, it'd be flat against the bottom of the car because you'll have those body rivets holding it up (depending how to do it), but since its basically hinged on the CB skirt at the ends, its free to swing down a bit to show the full face of the CD skirt and also a bit of the bottom. The mudflap keeps it where it needs to be though, so that keeps the left and right sides even

yeah, just remember not to cut too much of the CB skirt, since you want it sturdy around the mudflap screws, and you should be good we were improvising our cuts as we went too, we just had the "slot the oem skirt and make the CD skirt slide into it" in mind when we were doing it

and thanks a lot, slick! that means a lot coming from someone who's car I look at for inspiration as well I'll keep doing my best! you ever get that lip to work out?

Comment

Got a couple new goodies

I read somewhere on the forum that the CG headlight switches were "CB switches in disguise" so I went back to the Acura CL that was at the yard for a while and took off the headlight switch, because I figured it'd be the same, and swapped the guts. CB guts fit! now I have the Acura CL headlight and windshield wiper switch combo! just need to wire up the variable wipers now... I picked up a relay and some other things necessary for the mod.

I also converted my fogs from H3C to H3, so now i can use H3 HIDs

Joshy's handrail caps came in, so imma see how to install these now thanks josh!

Comment

Ur custom touches are so sick!

Comment

man, im gunna have to try some of this stuff out! especially the visor and washer nozzles. Love your car. Great work

Comment

Looking great Nice winshield washer mod and side skirts

Comment

One of my winshield washer nozzles is clogged up so I might try this. Nice attention to detail moods. Its the little stuff that sets you apart.
                      2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
                      2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
                      CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
                      GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

hehe thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it! FYI, I tested the spray at 50MPH and 70MPH, and the stream doesn't really have enough oomph at 70MPH, so the stream only goes up about 6inches up the glass

recommended for city use. freeway use isn't too effective

Comment

Hey mate, how do you make the panels change from blue to black? i dont get it...

BTW: because of you i bought jp cushions for my back seat XD Just a lil add for the rear passenger so they can chill on long road watchin'... w/e on headrests screens :P

EDIT: When are we gonna see that G/JP-Square grill on Lilly?
                          Last edited by kosheen1; 07-07-2011, 07:00 AM.

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
                          1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

Well, I decided not to re-dye them since they are my OEM color, but they have leather dyes online that people use to re-dye or change the color on their couches and stuff

NICEE YOU HAVE HEADREST SCREENS!?!?! O_O I want some!!! pics please of screeens and cushions haha

dunnooo yet, hah. i gotta find a good place to take pics at but seeing as how you're interested, i'll make time to put it on ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                              Well, I decided not to re-dye them since they are my OEM color, but they have leather dyes online that people use to re-dye or change the color on their couches and stuff

NICEE YOU HAVE HEADREST SCREENS!?!?! O_O I want some!!! pics please of screeens and cushions haha

dunnooo yet, hah. i gotta find a good place to take pics at but seeing as how you're interested, i'll make time to put it on ^_^
                              So, would it be worth tie-dye my interior or get original black ones?

Here a pic from outside(rear glass) cellphone pic srry. I'll get inside pic when cushions are here

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
                              1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

nicee... I want headrest screens. I'm waiting on another paycheck too before I pick up some rear windshield curtains :3

I'd say keep your interior how it is I was only gonna dye it as a last resort kinda thing, until I found the blue leathers. if you do want black, it'd be best to search for black parts first than to DIY them, because there are high chances of messing up such as glue not setting right (when reinstalling cloth onto panels) or the dye not getting into all the cracks (for leather)... stuff like that. things that you'll notice and you'll get bugged by. it happened to me last year when I tried to DIY my own door panels, so when I found OEMs I was really relieved!

Comment

Working...
                                X