P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the assist darkcloud

I see you have a new sig pic! looking VERY nice!
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Oil Pressure Sender Switch Unit Thing Item - $15.

$15 dollar part. Crossing my fingers this tiny little thing failing on me didn't cost me my motor! Gonna see if i can install it saturday morning. now I know the symptoms of the eventual failure of this part though, at least. You experience and you learn

got some new oil and a new oil filter as well. Sucks, when it failed i had just changed my oil too!

Comment

I hope you have a socket that will work with that sending unit. I remember having tO buy one especially for that part. Also the electrical connector that hooks up to it is sometimes a bastard to disconnect, but it will come off. All n all it's a 30min- hour job even for a novice.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
          I hope you have a socket that will work with that sending unit. I remember having tO buy one especially for that part. Also the electrical connector that hooks up to it is sometimes a bastard to disconnect, but it will come off. All n all it's a 30min- hour job even for a novice.
          so i need a big socket toooooo???? :'<

prolly gots it I'll check around the garage tonight. standard hex right? just a semi-large one?

wooot, so i can fix it right quick on saturday morning??!?

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
            Oil Pressure Sender Switch Unit Thing Item - $15.

$15 dollar part. Crossing my fingers this tiny little thing failing on me didn't cost me my motor! Gonna see if i can install it saturday morning. now I know the symptoms of the eventual failure of this part though, at least. You experience and you learn

got some new oil and a new oil filter as well. Sucks, when it failed i had just changed my oil too!
            can you explain how you knew it failed? maybe thats how my old motor went out

Comment

It's not a regular socket. It's one especially designed for oil pressure sending units. It kinda has rounded corners. I'll dig mine up and take a picture of it then send it to your phone.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
              MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

okay, sooo here's my experience, and I hope it can be of help to someone diagnosing their problems:

Early stages:
                1) smell of "exhaust" fumes in cabin from oil dripping on downpipe
                2) oil dripping on the downpipe, where 2 pipes become 1

Check the part asap when:
                1) when you come to a stop, and smoke comes out by your wheel well
                2) when exhaust fumes are getting stronger, and are almost always around when your fan is on

Your part's done when:
                1) your oil pressure light flickers on, then proceeds to blink
                2) you see a smoke trail behind you from all the oil you're dumping out

yep. Now i know

@sanjo: oh rly??? ffffuuu, so that means i gotta go baaack to the store?? >_<'

Comment

Vinh, hows the engine repair going? We haven't heard from you in a while!
                  Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                  2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                  2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

I poke around here and there thanks for checking by though I really appreciate it, fwiend!

So I jacked up my car on two saturdays. first saturday, i needed a 24mm socket, but i had a community service event coming up soon for my club that day so i had to cut it short and just got the 24mm deep socket for the next weekend.

this past saturday, I got back under there, but for some reason my 24mm socket isn't seating properly o.o i think theres something in the way, but i can't tell for sure. theres this thick metal bar though, hugging right near the oil pressure switch, that could be the issue stopping me. my brother's moving into his new house next weekend, so i'll be able to bring my car there into a nice garage and actually work on it in a clean and comfortable environment, cuz right now i'm doing this on the street

fffffuuu... I just wanna get her up and running already. kinda tired of driving family camry :\ excellent power, but too quiet. i like that feeling of driving a car that sounds like it's about to fall apart from all the power its pushing out

I did manage to get myself a DC header from Hostile though!

:3 I freaking love the thing, and it's not even installed. I just hold onto it from time to time. it sits near my bed picked up a 9091 grille too, and I also found Acura Vigor Side Seat Covers from the manual seats. they fit the oem CB seats (pretty sure), and they're black :3 found a 92-96 prelude e-brake handle in black, it fits too. some other nicknacks, but i'm waiting for that garage then im planning on installing quite a few things.

I also partially decided, that when I re-paint my car, I'm gonna paint my side moldings white as well, and use chrome body trim to accent the body lines, similar to the 90-91 JDM Front End bumper. Lots of newer luxury vehicles have the painted side body mouldings, with chrome trim accent embedded in it. I wish I could embed it, but that sounds to be some delicate work (like when i semi-embedded the accord emblem in my door sills) so im gonna see what i feel like at that step

Ey yo, did you get your progress rear sway yet???
                    Last edited by P5ylance; 09-26-2011, 04:05 AM.

Comment

You clkeaned it up nice. I know how you feel, when I started my swap I had a an attached garage. Half way through I had to move to a place where the garage was more of a sorage room without electricity. I did all of the maintanance work on my porch lol.
                      2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
                      2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
                      CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
                      GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile View Post
                        You clkeaned it up nice. I know how you feel, when I started my swap I had a an attached garage. Half way through I had to move to a place where the garage was more of a sorage room without electricity. I did all of the maintanance work on my porch lol.
                        hahaha i know right??? freakin' sucks! aside from the times i bring it to my friends' garages to work on the car, this'll be the first time it'll ever have a garage as its home tho :3 so i'm pretty excited! i've been parking outside for 3 years.

Comment

Cars back, hello everyone

So, it was the oil pressure sending unit and it was a quick fix, I just needed all the right tools and space. thanks to sanjocaf22dracc for letting me borrow his socket! everything was good after that!

so yes, new pics!

Older Accord, Newer Accord

KMH Gauge is in looks amazing with the rings!

Charlie Moua's Valve Cover! I'm going to cherish this thing for a while and not install it.

VIP Luxury - Drink Tables

oh yes! and so while I was working on my seats, I replaced the sedan seat rails with COUPE seat rails, and it was actually straightforward after I looked at it a bit more! So the side seat lever is actually part of the frame of the coupe seats, so I couldn't keep the mechanism... But to remove it was very simple. I removed the side seat lever cable from the seat rails, and install was as simple as installing sedan seat rails.

SO MUCH MORE RANGE OF MOTION WITH THE COUPE SEAT RAILS, I'M SO HAPPY!!!

I'll post up pictures of the seat rail swap later, but yes, you CAN use coupe seat rails with the vigor seats, you just have to remove the cable that leads to the side seat lever and everything works as it should.

Comment

I love that valve cover. Glad that you got her up and running.
                            2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
                            2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
                            CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
                            GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

Good to know she wasnt down for the count man

Lots of progress to come eh. Glad to hear you can still retain your coupe motion of the seats with the leathers in there

As for the drink tables Where do you put 2 of them? the back seats?

8 Accords so far:
                              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

soo dah haapps maaan

the valve cover feels amazing in person!

its so amazing with the coupe rails. I still have to do my drivers side but, omg. I carpool a lot out to community service events with my club, so it makes things so much more simpler

Yep! they get screwed into the back panel of the front seats. I have 4 of the tables, 2 I got off eBay and then 2 more that I found at the Junkyard as was an absolute gem of a find. 2 are going in the back (second one is gonna get done when I do the rails on my driver's seat), 1 is going to get screwed into the glovebox, and the 4th is gonna be a spare so excited.

oh yeah! and I printed out the CEL code list and kept a wire in my car so whenever I need to diagnose I can just whip those two out and do it. I got my CEL fixed, it was a bad o2 sensor. replaced it with my old one that I removed before it failed, so now I'm gonna save up for a new one more progress to come! when i get my weekends back (trying to get 36 community service hours in the month of february. CHALLENGE!) I'll be able to drop waaay more time into my car.

Comment

Working...
                                X