No announcement yet.

P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks buddy i would love to install it, but i'm waiting for some spare money to paint my mirror housings black before i put them on. i dont wanna have to deal with de-pinning again

something that is getting closer and closer to fruition: whiteboard roof rack!

wrinkles were unavoidable, i did my best to wrap it, but the only part that stayed smooth was the area that came with adhesive (tape like) already. still very excited!

waiting on some lock cores from illestatus, and it'll be all ready to put on for meets and such ^_^ i'm pretty sure the clips are correct.
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Loving the turn signal mirros Vinh, you always do great things to your VIP CB

Comment

300k Club, I Hardly Knew Ye.

Originally posted by loup05 View Post
        Loving the turn signal mirros Vinh, you always do great things to your VIP CB
        thanks luis shoot, you do a lot of good work with yours too! I envy your motivation to go through with a motor swap and your car sits so nicely! I'm biased towards coupes, but when i see a clean sedan... yum.

on a side note, my motor blew today. Kissing that 300k club goodbye. 298,300k. so close.

since fall semester is coming up fast too, i just want to get it up and running again asap, so i'll probably just find another f22a6 or something to replace it, so this will give me a chance to try my h23 plenum again while the engine is out (since i got a different TB from nappyD, thanks buddy! ) without pressure to get it running within a day for school the next day, cuz... lol its not gonna be rolling anytime soon! ^_^ while the engine's out, I wanna spray my engine bay gloss black, but iono if my dad will want me to "waste time" doing that. so its all tentative

thanks everyone for all your support, just want to let you all know I am so indebted to this site and everyone that helped my build with tons of info and assistance with parts and things, and I will DEFINITELY be working hard to bring Lily back up from her coma ^_^
        Last edited by P5ylance; 08-20-2011, 02:17 AM.

Comment

That sucks, I know the feeling. I haven't drove my CB9 for almost 3 months. Hopefully you'll get her back up sooner that later.
          2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
          2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
          CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
          GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

I blew a f22a4 once many moons ago. It sucked since I was heading up to Tahoe and I just passed Auburn. Since I was a long way away from home, I had the car towed to a friends house in Granit Bay. The damage was unrepairable. The rod shot through the motor, i lost a rod cap and detonated the motor. I had to get the car going again so I just threw in a replacement and went from there.

I say throw anything in it for now to get around. Especially since you need something fast. Whatevers cheap and then rebuild you motor on the side and beast it up a bit.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
            MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

I haven't check your thread in a while, but some nice additions. The mirrors look great. I was always more interested in those, as opposed to the blinkers on the back side of the mirror housing. Sorry to hear you blew the motor. Hopefully she's up and running soon.

Click picture to see my mrt
              Instagram: sikz6

Comment

Thanks hostile, sanjo, and sikz6 your words mean a lot to me!

will definitely be trying to find a replacement a6 to run in the meantime, and if my dad lets me keep the old motor (gah, i hate to say "old motor" especially since its only been dead for a day! ) then I would like to rebuild it if it is salvageable learn about engine building, but without the pressure of having to get it in ASAP and while i'm in that motor, sanjo recommended i do some port and polishing and upgrading the camshaft, among other things.

The bisi Lv.1 cam can work with all oe parts and the PT6 ECU? I read the Lv.2 needs stronger valves and springs.

Can the Lv.2 work with the PT6, or would it need a tunable ECU?

@Sikz6: here's the link to the arrow blinkers http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...KQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT

enjoy! what i did was cut the white adhesive film in the back to make room for the blinkers. i dunno where i put my template though Q_Q

Comment

Ok so here 's my current plan. I am going to gasket match my a6 runners and de-burr them. Then the plenum and throttle body will be sent to maxbore to get the works. Exhaust will be upgraded to a Bisimoto header with a 3" down pipe. ( 3 inch for future purposes ) For the time being I will reduce the exhaust plumbing down to 2.5" mandrel with a massive resonator. I havn't yet chosen a muffler. To get the most of of my set up I will have it dynotuned. I currently have the lvl2 Bisi cam with the heavy duty springs. At the least i will use some sort piggyback fuel management system like the apexi afcII. I still have the stock pt3 ecu but I am going to need something tunable eventually. I also i reccomend and know you will dedfinitely do your research on the porting. A light port job can be done without the need for a flow bench.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                  MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                    thanks luis shoot, you do a lot of good work with yours too! I envy your motivation to go through with a motor swap and your car sits so nicely! I'm biased towards coupes, but when i see a clean sedan... yum.

on a side note, my motor blew today. Kissing that 300k club goodbye. 298,300k. so close.

since fall semester is coming up fast too, i just want to get it up and running again asap, so i'll probably just find another f22a6 or something to replace it, so this will give me a chance to try my h23 plenum again while the engine is out (since i got a different TB from nappyD, thanks buddy! ) without pressure to get it running within a day for school the next day, cuz... lol its not gonna be rolling anytime soon! ^_^ while the engine's out, I wanna spray my engine bay gloss black, but iono if my dad will want me to "waste time" doing that. so its all tentative

thanks everyone for all your support, just want to let you all know I am so indebted to this site and everyone that helped my build with tons of info and assistance with parts and things, and I will DEFINITELY be working hard to bring Lily back up from her coma ^_^

The car is in ok condition.. definitely better than when i first got it.. i love coupes though.. remember i started off with a 90ex coupe?.. Im going to sell my sedan today.. it will be gone.. not sure what i will get next.. im leaning towards 9091 coupe, but i might just get a bmw or something maybe a 04.. anyway i guess im gonna have to take the classic "she's gone forever" picture lol.. too bad my gf took her cool sony camera.. im gonna have to take a crapy cell phone pic

edit: sorry about your engine Vinh.. if you have the funds to do a H swap i would definitely do that, but if not then just replace the motor with a stock one and buy an engine stand so you can tear the old one apart
                    Last edited by Luis; 08-21-2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by loup05 View Post
                      The car is in ok condition.. definitely better than when i first got it.. i love coupes though.. remember i started off with a 90ex coupe?.. Im going to sell my sedan today.. it will be gone.. not sure what i will get next.. im leaning towards 9091 coupe, but i might just get a bmw or something maybe a 04.. anyway i guess im gonna have to take the classic "she's gone forever" picture lol.. too bad my gf took her cool sony camera.. im gonna have to take a crapy cell phone pic

edit: sorry about your engine Vinh.. if you have the funds to do a H swap i would definitely do that, but if not then just replace the motor with a stock one and buy an engine stand so you can tear the old one apart
                      thanks buddy! your plans look solid loving that picture you sent me hehe

oh yeah! lock cores from illestatus came in a couple days ago! sooo... freakin... happy! ^_^ roof rack parts are 100% acquired!

And while I was up late last night, I was putting together a to-do list for Lily of things I want to get done before she wakes up again. finally, since I won't have to drive her daily for the time being, i can actually do projects that would take multiple days and not have to worry about being able to drive her the next day for example:

I got front camber kit, but... I also had the neuspeed bar installed. to install the camber kit i'd have to remove the neuspeed, install the kit, and re-install the bar, which is an absolute PITA (it's how i got the dent in my driver fender ) and I didn't wanna do it. but now that i HAVE to take the bar off to get the motor out :3 this gives me an even better reason to take the bar off and install the camber kit ^_^ better days are coming!

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                        And while I was up late last night, I was putting together a to-do list for Lily of things I want to get done before she wakes up again. finally, since I won't have to drive her daily for the time being, i can actually do projects that would take multiple days and not have to worry about being able to drive her the next day for example:

I got front camber kit, but... I also had the neuspeed bar installed. to install the camber kit i'd have to remove the neuspeed, install the kit, and re-install the bar, which is an absolute PITA (it's how i got the dent in my driver fender ) and I didn't wanna do it. but now that i HAVE to take the bar off to get the motor out :3 this gives me an even better reason to take the bar off and install the camber kit ^_^ better days are coming!
                        Good job on staying positive. Were you able to diagnose what went wrong in the A6, and if it's fixable?

Oh, and I completely understand what you went through installing that damn Neuspeed bar. I had an especially difficult time because of some mild frame damage on the left-front I caused when I was 16; I think my shock tower was tweaked ever so slightly, and it made it THAT MUCH harder to get in. My only tip is to get two blocks of wood and slide them between the front tires and their respective UCAs. That way, that wretched bolt no longer falls into the fender, causing less veins to explode.
                        Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                        2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                        2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

My favorite Frost White Accord..
                          1991 HONDA ACCORD EX COUPE
                          2014 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD ----- 2000 Honda Odyssey LX
                          2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S ------ 1994 Toyota Corolla DX
                          2001 Subaru Outback --------- 1990 Infiniti M30

Comment

@nurega: theres this hose going into the back of the motor. oil hose? oil pressure sending unit? right smack dab in the middle. that thing blew it up like lactose intolerance. prolly fixable, but whether the internals are still decent are to be determined :o haven't had time yet, or a place to bring her in to check out the situation.

@markj: That sure does mean a lot to me, buddy and no worries! We're never gonna give up this fight, and she'll be back up and running even better than before! ^_^ treat this time as a "cocooning" period. or something similar. Turkey basting or marinading, perhaps?

Comment

SUSPENSION BUSHINGS FINALLY CAME IN!!!!!

I bit the bullet, and ordered them. Finally got them delivered. can't wait to have these installed and feel every single damn bump on the road :3

that's ironic, because my car can't move though
                              Last edited by P5ylance; 08-28-2011, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Nice you'll love the improvement lol. I haven't driven on mine yet lol but I have driven my friends car after he installed them

Hit me up if you get stuck on installing them
                                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Working...
                                X