No announcement yet.

cp[mike] : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn mike that sucks...i bet your friend feels pretty shitty...i wouldnt be able to sleep at night with that on my conscience.

-sean
    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
    Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      you can hear a miss in the exhaust, it feels weak, and when starting you can hear the loss of compression by the way the starter sounds.
      is this at idle or while your driving?

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX
        damn mike that sucks...i bet your friend feels pretty shitty...i wouldnt be able to sleep at night with that on my conscience.

-sean
        well, at least the car was still drivable. we were 2 hours away at the beach, i was able to drive it home without paying hundreds for a tow. i havent pulled the head off yet, but it doesnt seem too serious, besides some valves, which are cheap enough. i wanted an excuse to pull the head off, now i have one. now that im going to own a valve spring compressor, im considering doing all the valve seals i was planning on pulling the motor out and redoing all the seals in the next month or so, i guess my plans were moved forward, which is cool. just sucks not being able to drive it, im going to be stuck driving a completely stock automatic f22.

it was an accident and it could have been worse, so im not going to kill him or myself over it. only thing to do now is fix it, so thats what im focusing on.

Originally posted by h22sparkle
        is this at idle or while your driving?
        you can hear the miss at idle, but audibly it disappears as you rev, but you can feel how much weaker it is, and it lags here and there while driving. starter sounds like ch-ch-ch-vrrrrrr-ch-ch-ch-vrrrrrr
        Last edited by cp[mike]; 07-05-2006, 04:50 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

anybody have aftermarket h22 valve springs & retainers for sale?
          you should check icbmotorsports or jhpusa or kteller.com

Comment

well, at least the car was still drivable. we were 2 hours away at the beach, i was able to drive it home without paying hundreds for a tow. i havent pulled the head off yet, but it doesnt seem too serious, besides some valves, which are cheap enough. i wanted an excuse to pull the head off, now i have one. now that im going to own a valve spring compressor, im considering doing all the valve seals i was planning on pulling the motor out and redoing all the seals in the next month or so, i guess my plans were moved forward, which is cool. just sucks not being able to drive it, im going to be stuck driving a completely stock automatic f22.

it was an accident and it could have been worse, so im not going to kill him or myself over it. only thing to do now is fix it, so thats what im focusing on.

you can hear the miss at idle, but audibly it disappears as you rev, but you can feel how much weaker it is, and it lags here and there while driving. starter sounds like ch-ch-ch-vrrrrrr-ch-ch-ch-vrrrrrr
            shit well time to repair it take it and drive it easy. Dont let whoever drive it drive it ever again. Did you even have a msd ignition system with a pill in it.?

Comment

I wish I had that swap in my car...
              1996 Acura Integra SE ---> Project Car
              1993 Honda Accord LX ---> SOLD!
              1998 Acura 3.5RL SE ----> New Daily Stunnah

Comment

I actually have some inner valve springs... not sure if I'm going to use em or not.

Comment

Tight ride man! Hope the future plans go well. Have fun!!!
                  Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                    shit well time to repair it take it and drive it easy. Dont let whoever drive it drive it ever again. Did you even have a msd ignition system with a pill in it.?

No amount of electronic rev protection is going to stop a mechanical over rev...

That sucks Mike. Sorry to hear it. It will work out though.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

blue engine hoist FTMFW!!!

Comment

Sup mike. ya im feeling the new wheels..diff tires and youll be lookin right!! Wow that blows about the misshift..i guess shit happens but you deff have the right attitude about it so good luck with the fix and keep us updated!

Comment

welp i went out after work today and made some progress.

i completely disconnected the hoses, wiring, exhaust, axles, etc. the only thing holding the engine in the bay is the two side mounts. i removed the engine harness, misc accessories/items, and the intake manifold. tomorrow (weather and schedule permitting) im going to take the head off and pull the block out and find out what actually happened. then begins the rebuilding process.

pics. ps: the egr blockoff plate was leaking, look at all the soot it left on the thermostat housing and hoses in that area.

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/92exr/euror_removal/000_0278.jpg[/img]
                          Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-04-2014, 04:41 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

damn, i was wondering why i saw the grey cb7 in your sig.. but never thought much of it.

that sucks to hear. Did you get any video of what it sounded like when it was messed up? Good luck on getting it all back together and running well.

Comment

Originally posted by aero
                              damn, i was wondering why i saw the grey cb7 in your sig.. but never thought much of it.

that sucks to hear. Did you get any video of what it sounded like when it was messed up? Good luck on getting it all back together and running well.
                              nah i didnt record it, i didnt even think to. inside the car and while driving, it sounded like itself just louder, but was weaker. listening to the muffler you could hear a miss every 4th stroke.

this is the plan before i put the motor back in:

- strip out the head and mani and the block externals
                              - clean everything
                              - new clutch
                              - euro-r tranny
                              - new valves (+0.4 CR)
                              - new springs and retainers
                              - replace all the seals in the head and block
                              - arp head studs
                              - h23 manual tensioner
                              - remove black box/evap can/ps res/resistor box/etc
                              - swap to non ABS lines and remove all signs of ABS
                              - wire tuck the engine bay
                              - rewire, rearrange and reloom the engine wiring harness
                              - paint engine bay
                              - prelude front mount and crossmember
                              - kill everyone
                              - and anything else i that i think of along the way that would help make the engine bay look cleaner

Last edited by cp[mike]; 12-20-2006, 12:40 AM.

Current cars:

Comment

no love???? i guess ill do another photographic update...

went out again today after work and worked past midnight. made a lot of progress. i pulled the head off, the block out, ABS wiring, tranny off, p/s lines removed, wire harnesses disconnected, and misc other stuff removed, crossmembers removed. going to start removing brake lines and ABS assemblies early next week.

new valve set being ordered tomorrow; valve spring compressor, headgasket, valve stem seals being ordered thursday of next week.

as far as the valves go, one valve looks dented but none of them look visibly bent, but its impossible to tell for sure with the carbon buildup, and the fact that if its even bent only the slightest bit, it can still lose functionality...

anyway here are the pictures.

Last edited by cp[mike]; 06-04-2014, 04:41 PM.

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X