No announcement yet.

cp[mike] : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey mike someone contacted me about the power steering pump ...pm if your still interested
    My Members Ride Thread

Comment

coo coo... i want to see this thing back together.... when i go to new york i seriously gotta stop by your house.... and emmm... how bad are new york inspections... i'm thinking about getting the wag reg. down here for a while... since like.... my car is missing just about everything...

SOLD!

Comment

so, ummm.. when i'm ready to get that tranny installed, does this include a full wire tuck as well

great progress on the car so far. can't wait to see the finished project.. oh wait, we won't be seeing anything except the motor
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

pretty sweet ride...
          1991 Honda Accord
          www.animatedimages.org

Comment

thanks peoples ill post pics as soon as i make more progress... im trying to compile a list of everything i need to get before i can do much more...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

hmm not bad i remembered my valvecover looked like that but smoother when i was boosted . Noone knows even when you pop the hood until they look real closely. Dont forget mike we still have that race and auto xing session .

Comment

since your engine is out why don't you just put in some mahle pistons and boost ,just to surprise everyone while your at it .beautiful car and i can't wait to see the finished product .

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

mike! you have alot of cleaning and painting to do still. when i am all done here a trip to your house is in the plan!

thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se
                    since your engine is out why don't you just put in some mahle pistons and boost ,just to surprise everyone while your at it .beautiful car and i can't wait to see the finished product .
                    wish i had the cash for that. im doing a couple things to help it run a little quicker , but a more involved build is later down the line, hopefully next spring/summer. id like to do pistons rods and valvetrain. but i appreciate the comments.

Originally posted by excalibur02
                    mike! you have alot of cleaning and painting to do still. when i am all done here a trip to your house is in the plan! thanks again!
                    np mauri... now i know what i need to do to get my own motor clean

anyway that wrinkle paint is shit. certain patches REFUSE to wrinkle, no matter what i do. i heated the v/c and paint, used a heat gun, etc, and all it does is come out glossy smooth in certain patches. it says to just add another coat over unwrinkled areas, ive done 3+, and ive already gone through the whole can. im stripping that shit back off and redoing it in flat smooth red, same texture as my old grey v/c, but just red instead.

no other progress, still buying more and more stuff.

just bought a 100% complete gasket and seal kit for the entire block and head, gotta get moving on installing all of those.

hopefully with everything completely clean and fully sealed, this motor will keep itself clean for a while! at least until i clean it again, when i take it back out next year to build the block

also, i love this car:

Last edited by cp[mike]; 07-25-2006, 09:51 AM.

Current cars:

Comment

get this, the oil pan gasket leaks... only problem, its glued directly to the block. flange to flange, no gasket, bolted tight, with this rubber adhesive that is so stiff that i can hardly pick at it with my nail.

i have no clue how the hell to get this thing off without completely obliterating the oil pan.

oneoff is stopping over tonight to try some ideas. anybody have any suggestions?

Current cars:

Comment

I have this tool at my house for removing caulk, but I do not think something like that would work because it sounds like there is no gap for you to pick at it.

Put it in the oven to heat it up, lol.
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter
                        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Hit it with a propane torch, you might have to sacrifice some new razor-blades to cut the pan away.....
                          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

nice job.keep up your work
                            Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

Did you put the oil pan on like that or was it done before? Sounds like a royal pain in the ass, try a heat gun. Only thing I dont like about the heat guns/torches around the engine is the fact that there are flammable fluids most likely on the engine. but I guess it'll burn itself out.

Comment

Originally posted by aero
                                Did you put the oil pan on like that or was it done before? Sounds like a royal pain in the ass, try a heat gun. Only thing I dont like about the heat guns/torches around the engine is the fact that there are flammable fluids most likely on the engine. but I guess it'll burn itself out.
                                i got it like that. to be honest i tried to get it off and it didnt work. oneoff came over with a rubber mallet and a screwdriver and did his thing and got it off, without damaging the pan

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X