Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaFan81
    It is a valid question, I can totally see why he is asking and worried. I was too and with all the confusion out there in talking to the wrong people, he is just trying to line things up right for his project(s).
    you hit the nail on the head! thanx for the reply
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom
      Hello, I love the car bro.
      But I was curious, and I'm saying this without reading the whole thread though..
      I have to worn u about the eBay steering wheel, I was driving one day and the spokes on
      mine seprated, and I almost crashed...Luckily I was on the freeway, and
      was able to grab my stock one from the back seat and put it on...
      I would just hate to see such a perfect project ruined over something so trivial...

-Zack
      Noted, you have PM. Investigating your statement and potential alternative if need be. If this is true, I should have known, my patience is wearing very thin on aftermarket parts quality & durability issues. I replaced my OEM because it came from Florida and had that outer diameter grip sponginess/movement going on that many of you are familiar with. I want something reliable/robust, with solid grip, OEM or aftermarket, with functional horn on steering wheel.

Any suggestions appreciated.
      Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-23-2009, 09:36 AM.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
        I have a friend with a Na camaro running 5.40's in the 1/8, he buys quality parts to say the least, and he had a after market steering wheel come loose when he was making a pass down at the strip. It almoast cost him his car. Imo, get oem stuff on something so vital. I would hate to see something like that break when you launch and wreck all of your hard work.
        Already investigating, I'd like to get a better condition OEM steering wheel than the one I had, as I said it had that sponginess effect. I hate hearing this kind of crap, I have wasted money on aftermarket parts (brand names and all) that are POS, OEM is best. As I've said before, retain OEM parts wherever possible, only upgrade IF NEEDED!

Comment

I'm going with a better condition, no sponginess effect OEM 90-91 Accord steering wheel, have some people looking for me.

On the other hand, I have a full of things exterior/interior that need tweaking or swapping over from my red Accord into this project. I will be hitting that hard as I can after work, until I am happy with my interior.
          I'd locate the OEM leather wrap as well. I had an aftermarket leather wrap on my old OEM wheel and it made a world of difference in feel. It also makes the wheel rim feel much thicker. With the OEM piece, it's going to stitch right in the center, and should be very similar to the OEM SE wheel I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
            I'd locate the OEM leather wrap as well. I had an aftermarket leather wrap on my old OEM wheel and it made a world of difference in feel. It also makes the wheel rim feel much thicker. With the OEM piece, it's going to stitch right in the center, and should be very similar to the OEM SE wheel I believe.
            I like your idea Mike, I was considering that as an option later. I'm trying to streamline my costs now with what I NEED done minimal to make me content. If you would know my list of things to get, you'd see why I can't add this just yet. I will though, our family has a 91 Accord SE and it would be perfect.

Comment

Swapped over more parts from red Accord to white, cleaned/painted some more. The interior is starting to look like new OEM black/grey combo. Once I get most/all the parts swapped over, I'll take more detailed photos of the interior from all angles.

- installed OEM black hood, gas, trunk levers
              - completed front driver inside door panel, with better condition, fully working window control module
              - fixed rear left door courtesy light, bad door switch, installed good one from red
              - cleaned, lubricated working cup holder assembly, installed onto center console & installed new shift boot
              - painted 4 door lock tabs black
              - touched up with black paint lower steering wheel cover that still showed original blue color on edges
              - sunroof problem: sunroof switch tested OK, further testing on wire harness end to confirm (problem: sunroof does not open, seems to try closing) >> EDIT: Either sunroof motor or sunroof open relay is bad.
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-23-2009, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                Sounds like progress to me. So when is bisi's header coming in? Hopefully soon.
                Already mentioned previously, end of May supposedly.

Comment

Well, thanks to Bisi & NGK, I received a spare set of NGK iridium spark plugs for this motor today! That's $35-40 of savings there buddy.

Reinstalled all inside door panels with black painted door lock knobs/end-pieces. Shifter console almost ready to be installed, but I need new cigarette lighter harness bulbs (2) and the plastic holder piece for the lighter. If you haven't noticed, but that gives you a better idea on how I'm finishing up the interior. I'm not getting super/OCD picky, but I want everything working in the car. I figure why not, since I have time, waiting on the header. Anyhow, also removed the white ECU for a Hondata reflash for the upgraded RC 550cc injectors, since the engine break-in tune was on the 345cc H22 injectors. This will only allow me to idle the motor, just to keep things lubricated in the motor, recharge the battery from popping the doors open on this interior work, etc.

EDIT: Got the ECU/Hondata S300 reflashed for 550cc injectors today at lunch.
                  Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-15-2008, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Stripped interiors (i.e. all seats, floor carpet, center consoles, parking brake consoles, rear upper deck carpet, rear C pillars, all rear seatbelts) from both red & white Accords. Took all OEM black rear seat belts from red to white, also swapped floor carpeting. Well, on the OEM black carpeting prepared for white, I am going to vacuum, wash the carpet before install. I managed to reinstall parts back into my red Accord before dark to drive back home. I still have to reinstall parts onto white, but I want to touch up/prep things before doing so, do it once & right kind of thing. I still am awaiting various replacement parts to tie up loose ends on the car.

Anyhow, still looks good for end of May on the header.

Comment

Vacuumed and shampooed the OEM black floor carpet twice last night before installing it. Also installed front lap belt bases and all rear seat belts with rear C pillar panel. Installed rear upper deck carpet/high mount brake light as well. Painted parking brake ashtray piece, matched it to parking brake console.

I should be able to reinstall the rest of the interior today, if it does not rain.
                      OCD lol even though you stated above you aren't. But you are showing it. Lol i know you have time but dang the cigarette lighter bulb lmao. Cisco your too funny bro. Well i have some interesting things to talk to you about. Kinda excited. Ill probably give you a call later this week
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                        OCD lol even though you stated above you aren't. But you are showing it. Lol i know you have time but dang the cigarette lighter bulb lmao. Cisco your too funny bro. Well i have some interesting things to talk to you about. Kinda excited. Ill probably give you a call later this week
                        OK, well I'm not officially diagnosed with it.

I received many miscellaneous interior/exterior OEM parts today to finish off my OCD issue with flaws that irritate me. We'll see how much I can wrap up today, nice weather so that is a plus. I'm still waiting on a few other items to come through, but they will have to junkyard finds as I encountered some discontinued OEM parts.

Comment

Originally posted by accord91lx
                          it seems as though you're using red for parts... is its future bleak? Starting to sound like its being prepared for a new home, while white is becoming your #1.....in looks, style, and performance.
                          Red is my DD, I never have looked at it as anything special. Sure it has some work done, fun to drive, but still my DD. It runs fine, I will eventually get something newer, regardless if it still runs or not in about 3-4 yrs. I just transferred parts from Red to White to save money, since I don't care how the Red looks.

Comment

Did more work today. Basically the OEM black floor mat is fully installed, rear upper deck carpet, all rear seat belts, rear seats, all garnishes on the floormat, parking brake console with new push-button chrome knob, cigarette lighter fully installed, new front console ashtray & cig lighter bulbs, shifter console with new shift boot & knob, new tail light gaskets & bulbs, new washer fluid hoses & nozzles, painted/installed all inside door panel missing tabs, etc. I also fixed the sticker temperate control knob issue that the shop caused. I still have to investigate why the sunroof does not open, but I got a new cruise/sunroof switch (old had black scrapped off). Tucked trunk positive battery wire under carpet, replaced door switch to fix right-rear door courtesy light.

I just need to install the front seats, but before doing so I need to do some prep work. Seat brackets have some surface rust. I am going to remove then, remove rust & paint them black. I have to transfer some front seat belt related parts, then they will be ready to install.

I am getting the headliner handles/grab rails from a friend, he's also trying to find me a better condition 90-91 Accord steering wheel.

My original lower timing belt cover has a hole in it, got a new one. Have to install that to and make sure the body shop did not drop anything in my timing belt area before I think about starting/idling the motor again. I already removed & cleaned out my intake piping since I noticed one of the hose clamps were loose when I got it back from the shop.

Anyhow, the interior of the car is looking great. I'm not saying it is 100% perfect, but it sure does get close and look damn good!
                            Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-22-2008, 10:33 PM.

Comment

good luck on the rest of the build and call me if you have any questions when you get it on the dyno.
                              www.850fab.com
                              IG - @850Fab
                              FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Added a "status" section on first post/first page of both red & white projects.

Installed new lower timing cover today (with no holes, like old one did), checked for any potential debris body shop could have dropped into timing belt area, found nothing. No signs of oil leaks from front engine seals or water pump. Physical timing is still dead on and no fuel leaks at injectors. Started up engine on new RC 550 cc/min injectors with the Hondata reflashed for them. Engine started up idled inconsistently (figured this), but didn't hold for long. Seems to be idling really rich, bogged out, stalled.

So, I figure the larger injectors obviously need more tuning for idling than a simple reflash to compensate for them. Fuel pressure remains same as it did with 355 cc/min injectors.

In short, I'll just wait for the header, tow car to get final dyno tune. Meanwhile, I'll finish the interior. Just need front cowl swap, front seat work completed & installed, rear speakers install, front speakers install, rearview mirror tweakage and perhaps some minor things I missed.
                                Last edited by HondaFan81; 05-29-2008, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X