No announcement yet.

P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinh is gonna fix her righttttt? First the tranny then this, do you ever get a break!?

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

oh hai guys whats up!

lol no, i never get a break. ever. the car is always a work in progress!!! especially in the maintenance department she drives like a champ though.

haha my window pin (for coupes, you know what i'm talking about ) the guide broke so i been needing to replace it, but i've been driving with it broken for the longest time now. i dont roll my window down or it will pop out of place, so when i go through drive thrus i open my door i dont have to take off the door panel, right? just the rail cover?

As far as my dog, he has gotten his surgery so now i can start saving up for other things, such as a replacement rack and pinion and/or the fixing of my motor...

timing belt replacement is coming up pretty soon, supposed to be 350,000 right? i'll prolly do it at 340,000 or sooner. im at 318 or 321 now i think! can't remember off the top of my head, but i think 321. you guys wanna help me with my motor when the time comes? would you be willing to if i found the time? school ends mid-december for me, and by that time i should have some monehs and down-time.

I reset my ECU by pulling out the back-up fuse, just for a fresh re-start. could be placebo effect, but my car is doing a lot better. no fuel smell, really. i dunno. i know my motor is old though so it for sure needs work soon.

I also have to consider getting new tires pretty soon.

also, I'm thinking about picking up the wicked rear camber kit. and raising my rear for the rake look, perhaps??? if the wheel gap doesn't come out even after the camber kit.

I found some HELLA air horns off this acura legend at pick-n-pull, that I want to install on my car!! cant wait! it'll be my first mod in a looongg time (I still need to finish my tail lights ;~; )

actually, i dont have pics, but i did do a smalll mod recently. since no one has EDM red courtesy door lenses for sale, I made my own by spraying that red lens tinting spray on the inside of the lens (facing the bulb, not the exposed side). now i can use stock bulbs, but i wont have the stock yellow look! its a nice cherry red now I'll get pics later when i get the chance, but yes. its nice.
      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

9293 coupe owners, this goes out to you all.

When I first discovered Red Clear tail lights, I thought, "wow. they're so nice. I want some for my coupe."

I researched about red clear/si tail lights, found the thread and read about aftermarket tail lights... to come to the sad conclusion that they made nothing for 9293 coupes.

I drooled over red clear tail lights on ebay, envious of every sedan owner who had a set of redclears... Then there was an alternative solution for the coupe owners... swap your trunk! you can get your red clear tail lights if you get the sedan trunk on your car.

So simple. most coupe owners opted to do that... and when people who owned coupes were curious about redclears, they were directed to do that. To ditch the coupe trunk and pick up a sedan and RC tail lights and be done with the day.

It got to the point where people forgot about the 9293 coupe trunk. It became an attitude towards the trunk. "How can I red redclears for my coupe trunk?"...."you can't. just get a sedan trunk and buy yourself some redclear taillights off ebay. done."

I... I was on the fence. Redclear... or the beautiful stylings of the coupe trunk? I would rather have been with the coupe trunk than leave it and get a sedan trunk. But I desired the Red Clear look. I wanted a modern appearance, and it was the clear that gave the accord that look.

I painted my tail lights all red, but... that desire for the clear remained.

Then I found 3 pictures on CB7Tuner that led to the discovery that SOMEONE had tried to make redclears for the coupe. They made them, but that set disappeared. It didn't have a keyhole either.

That little piece of hope lived on with me, and I kept believing that there was a possibility. I sought out that possibility so that I could turn it into a reality.

The following picture is a mod that I have spent almost 3 years thinking about. Dreaming about. Hoping that one day I would be able to put this together with the skills I would come to gain over the course of owning my car. My friends call me the DIY-King, since most of my mods are all one-off, custom, fitting other parts onto my accord to create an entirely new and far greater accord. I finally gathered all the pieces necessary to create this set of inner tail lights and it was arduous and nerve-wracking to cut them up, knowing that if i messed any of these pieces up, this would remain a dream. But it's done now, and they're all trimmed to size.

CB7Tuner, and especially my fellow coupe owners who understand the misery that 9293 coupe owners have gone through when wanting redclears for their coupe tail lights... This DIY project is proof of existence that redclear coupe tail lights can exist. This was my dream turned reality. And I hope that it inspires other CB7 owners as well that with careful planning and a burning motivation and desire to achieve what you want, it can be done.

Enjoy. The only existing set of Red Clear Coupe Tail Lights for the 9293 CB7 Coupe! (as far as I know)

*Note: I do have in possession a sedan trunk though. I will rock both trunks, because the OEM Flushmount looks better on the Sedan than the Coupe trunk, and the SE Spoiler looks better on the Coupe trunk than the Sedan trunk *

Comment

YES

As a 92 coupe owner, I LOVE this mod!!

(now if you'll excuse me, I think I may need some time alone )

Comment

thanks thanks! you'll need the aftermarket 9293 outer tail lights, and a set of stock 9293 coupe tail lights, and then a set of 9091 inner tail lights. the area I cut from the 9091 is where the reflector rectangle is. I cut out the keyhole (this is not anywhere near the reflector rectangle) and then relocated it to where i needed it to go, then cut a perfect fit circle and epoxied it in. It's sealed with a dumpload of silicone. If you try this, good luck! None of the parts you need come separately unless you're real lucky ;~;

Comment

I'd suspected that something like this was necessary, but had not gotten any further than a vague idea in my head.

I'd thought that maybe you could make the inner rectangle from the inners of the aftermarket set. I guess there is not enough material or it's not the right shape?

Comment

That was my initial idea, but the equivalent section that I cut out from the coupe tail lights is actually longer than the sedan tails. If you intend to use the aftermarket sedan taillights, you will have to piece together 2 smaller pieces. This may be an issue if you want to include the keyhole, because there may not be enough material to securely insert the keyhole without a lot of epoxy. possible! if you just want the clear lenses, you can use the Sedan tails, you'll just have 2 sections instead of one and possibly not a keyhole if you don't figure that part out. you can always pop the trunk via inside though!

*one thing i just remembered, if you have to piece together two pieces, you will have to connect them in the middle... and there is a fat cavity under the lens meaning there won't be any support there.*

the 9091 tail lights just make it easier and a more solid piece.

good luck! just keep searching the junkyard, and pull the 9091 inner tail lights for SURE when you see them if you intend to do this project!

^FOR THOSE JUST VIEWING THIS THREAD, PLEASE SCROLL UP A LITTLE BIT FOR A PICTURE THAT CB7TUNER COUPE OWNERS HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR FOR YEARSSS!!

Comment

HAHA nice work finaaly someone that did it.
                  NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                  DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Good stuff P5ylance! I thought about this mod ever since I had the coupe. I had a few ideas on how to do it but never did it due to my lack of skills and patience. It seemed like a simple idea in theory. Just replace the inner amber reflector with a clear one. The hardest part is doing the actual work lol. I thought about taking the tails off a 99 civic since they had red/clears and make the same reflector but could never find them cheap. I never thought about 90-91 tails lol. I did find some spare coupe tails in case I wanted to try it out. Its great to see it done!!

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                    My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                    Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Coupe trunk > sedan trunk

In japan the 93 special edition sedans came with a " coupe " trunk

Comment

yeeessss, use the 9091 tails. you'll need the keyhole piece and theres a slight curve to the lenses.

Coupe trunk is so beauts. that inner curve...! really? I did not know that! thats a neat fact to know, and i'm always curious where you get your info, tippey haha

Comment

If i change my fuel filter... will my car no longer have this flat spot in acceleration its recently having? at about 2k rpm, it bogs out, and hesitates and can go no more than like 30 mph... or neighborhood cruising speed. Sometimes its short, sometimes it takes a long time for it to pick back up. sometimes when i back off the throttle then come back it fixes itself. one time it happened i tried to step on the pedal further, but it still remained at the same speed. Something is inhibiting the fuel delivery. Most of the time though my car drives fine, i can pass, i still have power (although its not as great as before). for the past couple weeks i would drive to the gas light and then fill up (i never had enough money to fill up a full tank). I know about the debris on the bottom of the tank, and possibly overheating the fuel pump since theres less fuel in the tank.

it's my fault for allowing my gas to get so low, but from what i have described can someone tell me whether or not my fuel pump might be damaged? I want to know if my pump might still be okay. i mean, it still works, and when i floor it i have smooth acceleration and theres no bogging. it only happens every now and then, so i suspect some debris floating around and every now and then blocking a passage or soemthing. I just filled up a full tank of shell v-power tonight, hoping that will alleviate some symptoms. I know for sure my fuel filter is probably gunked up now because of what i've done (i have a replacement from Honda waiting to be installed), but would anyone know if a clogged fuel filter would cause INTERMITTENT hesitating acceleration? it happens at least once a day.

All these problems started this PAST SUNDAY, December 2nd.

oh yeah, and can someone tell me if any of the threads on the fuel filter are REVERSE? its standard tightening/loosening procedures right? righty tighty lefty loosey?

should i worry about my fuel lines? getting clogged up?

curious thought: does it go gas tank -> fuel lines -> fuel filter -> fuel injectors? trying to think of what could be clogged if changing the fuel filter doesn't work.

would fuel injector cleaner help to clean the lines?

sorry for the broken thought process.
                          Last edited by P5ylance; 12-06-2012, 02:34 AM.

Comment

But anyways, I'm going to be raising my rear up to even out my wheel gap. I know VIP you gotta work on some wheel fitment stuff, but at the moment i don't have the funds for the proper tools to get it fitted well.

tryna graduate in Spring 2014!!

but yes, until then, its all maintenance and perhaps small select mods that have been waiting here and there... but once i'm out of college (or if i can manage to save up enough) then this car will undergo full VIP conversion. Glacier Frost Mica paint, JDM Power-Folding Mirrors, JDM headlights with TSX projectors, JDM rear fog, and just all around cleaned up and finished. maybe even coilovers for proper fitment (oh yes, rear camber kit as well). i want to make Lily into a car that Honda or Acura would be proud to have as their "Showroom Car"

Comment

sounds more like a ignition module rather than a clogged fuel filter. My friend that a dirty fuel filter for a long time and all it did was idle real low and occasionally shut off but it never hesitated. You look for any vacuum leaks?

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                              MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

didn't check for vac leaks, but quick update: I filled up my gas tank with some Shell V-Power, and it's been running fine so far. no flat spots, or none that i can remember. I will be getting a bottle of STP fuel injector cleaner just for kicks and run that... so far so good

Comment

Working...
                                X