Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we'll know tonight!

Comment

This is a historic moment, you and Bisi might be the last hope for NA F22a builds. All anyone wants to do now a days is go DOHC, maybe SOHC Vtec, DOHC Vtec or F22a turbo. Good luck, hope you make some good numbers. I have faith in the single cam F22a motor
      FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
      Pm meX
      I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
      H22A Swap
      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

GL with it and cant wait to see the dyno graph of this thing.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I am more interested to see where it makes the torque which should be pretty impressive.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

INTRODUCTION TO FIRST DYNO SESSION:

So the copper BCPR7ES-11 NGK plugs used to break-in the motor fouled out and were replaced with BCPR7EIX-11 iridium versions. Then, the tuner noticed the brand new Kteller Acura/Honda TPS was not reading correctly with numbers all over and inconsistent. Luckily, he had a spare OEM he installed on my car that worked well. Keep in mind this tune is TPS based maps. After that was all squared away, on with the rest of the tuning. This tuning session was on 93 octane pump gas and the injectors have been upgraded to RC 550 cc/min peak & hold since the break-in tuning.

To remind all, this motor has a very aggressive Bisimoto F22 camshaft in it, along with about 12.4:1 compression. This motor was set to idle at 1300 RPMs. The tuner set idle the best he could. However, it would still stall out occasionally. Then, the tuner proceeded to tune for WOT. He did some runs in the 6000 RPM range, eventually to 7000 RPM and then 7500 RPM. The information for the 7000 RPM pull is listed below. The tuner noticed the air/fuel ratio curve for this motor had peaks and valleys that were in correlation with the HP and TQ curve at 5000+ RPMs. He found this odd and never seen it before. Based on this information and myself being weary of going beyond 7500 RPM, I did not want to pursue the dyno session, since time is money.

EDIT 6/23/09: Initially, management was MAP based and later converted to TPS. The peaks/valleys were found to be a conversion mistake, resulting in low ignition timing values.

AFTER FIRST DYNO SESSION:

Later, on my return home the new plugs installed for the dyno session fouled out again. The motor stumbles below 3000 RPM due to running rich AFR and fouls out the plugs. I was content with the "monitoring specs" of the motor, it made me feel more confident in the motor. After speaking with Bisi, its seems my dyno tuning and idling issue may be due to me not degreeing the camshaft. I simply set the timing belt like stock, which may not be a good enough starting point with this aggressive camshaft.

EDIT 4/09: Camshaft is degreed, only a 0.5 degree retard adjustment was made, not the cause for the issues.

MONITORING SPECS ON THE MOTOR:

- Oil temp maxes at 220 deg F, after a good drive.
            - Oil pressure maxes at 105 psi, warm idle between 65-75 psi, maxing out at 105 by 3500-4000 RPM.
            - Engine coolant temp maxes at 195 deg F (thinking about lower temp fan switch).
            - No leaks of any kind, starts up quick and strong.

MUSTANG ROLLER DYNAMOMETER:

** NOTE: Tuner made mistake converting MAP to TPS based maps, resulting in low ignition timing values.**

186 WHP @ 7000 RPM
            147 WTQ @ 6100 RPM

TORQUE SWEEP:

3000 RPM - 110 WTQ
            3900 RPM - 117 WTQ
            4620 RPM - 132 WTQ
            4800 thru 5100 RPM - 139 WTQ
            5480 RPM - 128 WTQ (dips down)
            6100 RPM - 147 WTQ (comes back up)
            6500 RPM - 128 WTQ (dips down again)
            7000 RPM - 140 WTQ (comes back up)

TO BE CONTINUED....
            Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-15-2011, 12:33 PM.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Ya, atleast everyone can learn somthing from this build, and it obviously is far from over!

Comment

550CC should be more than fine.. hell PHIL is idling 1000cc.. Took some work but it idles lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93
                  still good numbers you rose the 109whp to 180whp thats a significant gain and on top of that you have a fresh motor what else could you ask for. I bet that if you ran this against a h22 swaped cb you would walk them. But good idea on not reving past what you feel comfortable.
                  Rest assured, this is not over yet. This motor is not even set up yet to its full potential. I need to discuss to with good few people and devise my next plan of attack.

Comment

replied to your email buddy
                    www.850fab.com
                    IG - @850Fab
                    FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

yea, i wouldnt necessarily blame the injectors themselves, but the map instead. I idle 1000cc's on Hondata and its damn near normal

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                      11.68 @ 127mph
                      417whp/375wtq
                      Sold: 8/2016

Comment

I have idled 1000's as well as 1600's on hondata no problem as well as gotten it to maintain a 900rpm idle.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                        member ride thread
                        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Well, just got off the phone with Bisimoto Engineering, got some great tips and apparently their support to help me out on my issues. What great customer service!!

A major point was I never degreed my camshaft and it is critical in this setup. I have never done this before, but have instructions on how, not much to it. I simply had my camshaft set at 0 degrees/stock setup and was planning to do cam tuning to dial it in. I do believe that my camshaft is not in sync with my bottom-end, based on previous tinkering and the strange A/F ratio curve. This would obviously mean I'm losing power/compression dynamically.

As I said before, I just have to dial in this motor. I am already impressed on an improper setup it has made the values it did. This motor has potential!!
                          Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-09-2008, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Aaaahhhh, very interesting.....

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              So much detail, yet you skimmed on one of the most important parts of a build. You might be able to rent a degreeing kit from bisi. They usually go for about 300.
                              I was under the impression I could set it at 0 degrees and then have cam tuning done on the dyno. Apparently, this cam is aggressive enough that it is not at forgiving as a milder cam. Makes sense, now.

Also, updated previous post on my first dyno session to clear up some items. I have not given up on this aggressive F22 Bisimoto camshaft and will try my best to dial all else in, then we shall see what happens. I also did pull the plugs that were newly installed at the dyno session, they are fouled out again. I feel strongly that this is because I did confirm with the tuner, he never did partial throttle tuning as I made him stop at the 7500 RPM run. Therefore, that explains the under 3000 RPM stumbling. I am not sure on the AFR curve peaks and valleys, but I strongly feel that is due to me not degreeing the camshaft. I first plan to degree the camshaft, then reconfirm.
                              Last edited by HondaFan81; 03-10-2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

good stuff, my custom grind tops out right at 6900rpm and was not such a pain to idle. I have stock injectors with a fpr, tuned with crome. 161whp and 137 wtq is fun, but more never hurts.
                                1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
                                newer race video,older race videos
                                1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
                                1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Working...
                                X