• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
    Princess Cake

Fixing the Lemons CB7 wiring harness

Is that plumbing solder?
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      I still don't get what that computer orange majiggle is.
      From what I read, you can tune the car with it.

Comment

Picked up a new Imac to replace my aging Dell XPS 9200.

Had it a few weeks. I configured it with the i7 quad core and left the rest alone.

Im digging it so far. No issues, fast as hell, and makes image editing a breeze now.

I have it, along with my Dell, and NAS, on a Cyberpower UPS.

I can still remote into my Dell if I need to as it is running windows 10 and it contains my iTunes library and other shit that I basically stream or obtain over the LAN.

Will be consolidating though in the near future as I have a 1tb NAS system, and two 1 tb external HDD. One serves as my photography business image storage and the other is for Plex movies/tv etc.

The NAS is for all the computers in the house(5 if you count the garage) to backup to.

I want to get a bigger NAS and use the current one for image redundancy so I don't have to worry about ever losing images(as I run them in a mirrored setup).
        Last edited by Ralphie; 04-22-2016, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
          Is that plumbing solder?

Comment

No flux? I love that stuff.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
              I still don't get what that computer orange majiggle is.

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
              From what I read, you can tune the car with it.

It's a device that will intercept CAN packets and between different modules on a CANBUS network (ECU, gauge cluster, ICU, body control module, etc.) and translate that language into something useful. Many cars these days that integrate all of the components into a CANbus system use a communication language that is much more difficult to break/change/add to. To even begin looking at utilizing components from a CANbus system into another environment, you need to know what communications it sends and receives so that you can determine how to replicate that in another environment.

There are many more steps, but this will at least help you see how things are communicating within a network.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

What he said. The first step is to decipher Honda's implementation of the protocol. This would allow us (the tuner community) to manipulate/utilize more of the newer tech that Honda offers. This isn't limited to one manufacturer either. ALL cars after 2008 must have some form of CAN communication. Some CAN commands are OBD standardized so they apply to all US vehicles. The fun stuff is proprietary and what we want to find out.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
                  Most excellent. Just thought I would double check, lol.
                  Originally posted by sweet91accord
                  if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Mugen Sports Suspension for the RSX.

*ED. - Edit with my own photo...
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-26-2016, 06:42 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Got another engine stand and a 12" professionally built box for $30. Good ass deal I couldn't pass up.

Comment

Nevermind...looks like you got a good box

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Just put down a deposit on this yesterday morning.

I'm excited, it's something completely different than I'm used to.

Comment

Mmm, my favorite body style.

Sidenote: I never cared much for the C6, but the C7 is so ugly to me that I've been really loving C6s lately, lol.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                                Mmm, my favorite body style.

Sidenote: I never cared much for the C6, but the C7 is so ugly to me that I've been really loving C6s lately, lol.
                                It's funny, I was never a Vette guy, I'm still not really. I wanted something to replace my STi that was manual, RWD and had a removable roof and this hit all the buttons.

I had been looking at Z32 300zx TTs for a year and couldn't find anything within 300 miles worth even test driving. I drove an "immaculate" NA that was a basket case and most have rotted out around here. I didn't want one that's been modded within an inch of its life or something that had lots of needs.

MKIII Supras are all project cars at this point and I couldn't find any MkIV Supras (NA or otherwise) with a manual for under 25K petty much anywhere in the US.

The Vette was quite clean, had a ton of service records and all the main issues either not present or repaired. It should be a fun driver. It came with a nice cat back and some audio already professionally done. I will probably just add in an iPod interface, upgrade the lighting and maybe change the polished thin spokes to the painted equivalents.

Comment

Working...
                                X