No announcement yet.

Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't own a gun but i was at a shooting range with a buddy a few weeks ago. The very first gun i fired and handled was a 1911. I chose that because it had a decent weight and felt great in my hands.

Comment

I am going tomorrow to pick up my concealed carry permit and Walther PPK.

I have owned a Ruger LCP, which felt like a toy, hence why I no longer own it. I need something really small for my every day carry weapon, as my usual attire consists of gym shorts and a t-shirt. I have an old .22 Rifle, that is really my grandfather's, but I keep it and maintain it, and shoot it. That is really all I have currently, but after I get back from basic in a few months I will start my collection.

Anywho, I will post pictures tomorrow night when I get home with my PPK.
      _C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Comment

Comment

not bad, ppk hurts my hand when shooting so I switch to a sig 230.
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Glock 32 .357sig w/ truglo tfo sight and upgraded recoil spring.
            Mossberg 500 tac, black hawk stock and forward grip.
            Sig p238 nitron with punisher grips.
            Sig m400 magpul FDE, trijicon acog FDE
            Walther ppq 9mm

I work for the largest gun retailer in south Florida so I have access to almost ever gun you can think of.
            MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

As much hell as Alabama gets for a lot of things, I have to brag real quick. I have been open carrying for 2 days now. Twice I have come in contact with police officers. They looked at my gun, up at me, nod and say, "How is it going?" No drama, no asking for a permit, nothing.

After I get back from basic I am buying a 1911 that belonged to my uncle, so I am not sure what kind it is, but whatever it is, if he had it I trust him. I also want to get a Springfield XD, the debate is .40 or 357 sig.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_naler View Post
                As much hell as Alabama gets for a lot of things, I have to brag real quick. I have been open carrying for 2 days now. Twice I have come in contact with police officers. They looked at my gun, up at me, nod and say, "How is it going?" No drama, no asking for a permit, nothing.

After I get back from basic I am buying a 1911 that belonged to my uncle, so I am not sure what kind it is, but whatever it is, if he had it I trust him. I also want to get a Springfield XD, the debate is .40 or 357 sig.
                .40S&W if those two are the only options
                My Car
                FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                  .40S&W if those two are the only options
                  Well, that would just be to bridge the gap between my PPK/S 9mm Kurz, and the 1911 .45 ACP. It just seemed like those were the two calibers that best filled that gap.

Comment

my m4

o yeah and my baby

and the rest of my squad lol
                    Last edited by Bcozzi71; 03-13-2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Well, that would just be to bridge the gap between my PPK/S 9mm Kurz, and the 1911 .45 ACP. It just seemed like those were the two calibers that best filled that gap.
                      Why fill the gap? You've got two of the most popular handgun ammo on the planet. If you don't already, I'd get yourself a nice .22lr
                      My Car

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                        Why fill the gap? You've got two of the most popular handgun ammo on the planet. If you don't already, I'd get yourself a nice .22lr
                        A .22lr pistol?

Comment

A .22lr pistol?
                          Yep. Most people look at the .22lr as being small and useless. It's a great way to polish up your basic shooting fundamentals, the ammo is cheap and abundant, and in a SHTF situation, ammo availability is key.

Don't use .22lr as your carry weapon or for home defense unless it's the only thing you can fire accurately.

.22lr kills more people in the US in one year than any other caliber. It is lethal.
                          My Car

Comment

Ah. Well what would you recommend for that purpose? I hear the Walther P22 isn't bad.

Comment

Ah. Well what would you recommend for that purpose? I hear the Walther P22 isn't bad.
                              I saw a .22lr 1911 at Academy a few days ago.
                              -Will

Comment

Well it all depends on what you want to do. If you want to train for the look/feel of a 1911, then a .22lr 1911 is great. Same goes for any glock or other cloned model in .22lr.

If you want to get into bulls-eye shooting, look for a Ruger MK2 or MK3, Browning challenger, or Colt woodsman. Those are more for accuracy whereas the P22 and others are more for training simulation.
                                My Car

Comment

Working...
                                X