No announcement yet.

Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking to just get better at practical shooting. Like for the event to where I would need to use my pistols in a real situation.
    _C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
      Does my M4 Carbine count? I am stuck with it for 15 months
      they give you guys weapons? haha jk

Comment

Originally posted by mr_naler View Post
        Well, that would just be to bridge the gap between my PPK/S 9mm Kurz, and the 1911 .45 ACP. It just seemed like those were the two calibers that best filled that gap.
        Just noticed you've got a .380ACP (aka 9mm Kurz). That's a light round but good for concealed carry in the summer. I would have pointed you towards something in the full 9x19nato caliber. That ammo is much more available.

All in all, your best bet would be to go to a concealed weapons class. Odds are you'll never have to use your weapon in self defense. You will, however, need to know how to conceal it well if that's what you're going to do. You can also get snap caps (inert rounds http://www.amazon.com/Snap-Cap-Pisto.../dp/B0048KIRVM) to use for practice on getting used to the trigger pull and also for draws.
        My Car
        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I think I'll let the Army pay for teaching me how to fire my weapon in self defense. I do need help on how to carry. I have been open carrying it so far, but I would like to be able to conceal it as well.

My usual attire, all year round is gym shorts and a t-shirt, a hoodie during the winter. That is one reason I opted for the PPK/S. That and the fact that it was inherited vs bought.

Comment

Inherited is great. If you bought it, I would have recommended other models too.

When are you joining the Army?

In my opinion, if you don't know how to fire your weapon in self defense, you have no business carrying it.

If you get into a shit situation and need it, YOU are responsible for every round down range. If you can't hit a barn door, then you shouldn't have it.

I strongly suggest you attend a class for carry and use of your weapon. After that, practice, practice, practice, and repeat.
            My Car

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
              Inherited is great. If you bought it, I would have recommended other models too.

When are you joining the Army?

In my opinion, if you don't know how to fire your weapon in self defense, you have no business carrying it.

If you get into a shit situation and need it, YOU are responsible for every round down range. If you can't hit a barn door, then you shouldn't have it.

I strongly suggest you attend a class for carry and use of your weapon. After that, practice, practice, practice, and repeat.
              I will be purchasing more in the future, after those Army checks start rolling in.

My ship date is May 15th. I have never had classes or anything, but my father and step-father both are police officers. They have taught me the basics, and the idea to not only consider what my target is, but what is behind it. I have been shooting firearms my whole life pretty much. I would never carry it if I wasn't comfortable with taking on that responsibility. My grandfather taught me how to shoot, and he qualified as expert when he was in the Marines.

Comment

Any reccomendations for a holster? Looking for a waist style, for my Beretta PX4 .45. It's full size, and not ideal for carrying but this will be for a worst case scenario, do a deal online on craigslist type of thing. I hope to never use it but if I do, I want it to be ready.

Comment

This was my grandpa's rifle that I recently acquired. It's a Remington 700.

psn: KoRn_LuVr

Comment

That's sweet! The Rem 700 is a great rifle platform.
                    My Car

Comment

I plan to buy a 30-06 and a 12 gauge in a couple months. My gf's brother is selling me his I think a Remington 12 gauge. Shot both and it was awesome.

Comment

My first can

H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

I JUST got my firarm license after months and months of paperwork, interviews etc. believe it or not they didnt want to believe I wanted to collect war rifles.

Bought my first gun a few days ago, a Lee Enfield No 1 Mk III* , BSA 1918 in great condition.

will be looking for an SKS and a Mosin Nagant, and maybe a K98 in the near future.

[edit] i have more experience with machineguns but they are prohibited in canada.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

My Pop's Luger P-08

My GreatGrandpa's M1A1 during his rule as Mayor of our town.
                            It was often used by one of his bodyguards.

We also have a Winchester 1860's .22 Pump Action. My Gramps bought it from an American G.I who was stationed in the Philippines during the Vietnam War.

My Pop's recenty acquired a modern M1911. Don't have a picture of it yet.
                            Last edited by ExplodingCake; 06-26-2012, 04:10 AM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

H&R Pardener 12 Gauge. 18.5", 6 round capacity, aftermarket adjustable stock with 3 round extra capacity, aftermarket foregrip, aftermarket pump, tactical UTG LED flashlight and adjustable laser, M86 tactical mount, Nc STAR 4 recticle reflex red dot sight with 7 levels of brightness, and a Blackhawk 15 round sling.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-09-2012, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-09-2012, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X