Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just picked up a Sig P226 9mm

first gun i personally own, figured it was time to start shooting again. havnt shot much in the past couple years other than shooting my uncle's suppressed arsenal when im visiting.

Comment

Got my first

8 Accords so far:
      '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
      '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
      (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

She's here!
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
          She's here!
          Nice man. I was at the range next to a guy shooting one of those. Every time he fired, it just reverberated through my bones, lol.

I just got this a few days ago:

Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Still don't have one of those. Looks like a nice piece man.

Comment

CZ-75 P07 Duty 9mm

14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

I need a light for my .40. Looks nice man. I don't have any experience with CZ, but my uncle loves his .308.

Comment

You guys got some nice stuff, im def jealous!

I got a newb question...

Sig or Taurus?

Ive been pretty set on a 9 for a while....

Im thinking the sig...the 229 dak is pretty sweet....

I know a few peeps who have Taurus's and they have had nothing bad to say.....so I guess im curious what major differences there are?

Comment

Depends on how much you want to spend. Sigs are more expensive but they run like clock work. Taurus... meh.

Glock 17 or S&W M&P 9 are two good options for polymers
                    My Car
                    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

There isnt anything wrong with Taurus. I own a Colt, a Sig and a Taurus.

The Sig is a little better made and more expensive. For the money (around $350 for most) you cant beat a Taurus. If your not wanting to pay the $600-$700 for most Sigs then a Taurus might be for you.

Taurus is not like a High Point or anything.

I have ran 500-600rds through my Taurus PT111 since it was new without any problems. Its not as accurate as some of the Sig 9mm I have shot but its less than half the price.

I like to CC the Taurus.
                      Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-13-2013, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                        Depends on how much you want to spend. Sigs are more expensive but they run like clock work. Taurus... meh.

Glock 17 or S&W M&P 9 are two good options for polymers
                        Yea I noticed that the Sig is used by a shit load of agencies etc.

Even the NJ State Police use them.

When I was reading about them I read that the 229 has a DAK version so you have two tigger rest poins(6 and 8lbs respectively). I think that's pretty sweet.

Do any of the Tarus's have that?(Double Action Kellerman)?

I like efficiency and it must be a solid beast if the Seals all the way down to NYPD and NJSP use it.

Ill have to check those two out.

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                        There isnt anything wrong with Taurus. I own a Colt, a Sig and a Taurus.

The Sig is a little better made and more expensive. For the money (around $350 for most) you cant beat a Taurus. If your not wanting to pay the $600-$700 for most Sigs then a Taurus might be for you.

Taurus is not like a High Point or anything.

I have ran 500-600rds through my Taurus PT111 since it was new without any problems. Its not as accurate as some of the Sig 9mm I have shot but its less than half the price.

I like to CC the Taurus.
                        If $700 is all the Sigs go for, then that's a good price. I honestly never look at prices because when i've read, I had no intention of buying anything anytime soon. If I ever get one, it'll be in the next few years, so prices are unknown to me.

I was expecting to spend over 1k for a good handgun, so excuse my newbishness lol.

I like that with the Sig 229, you can change out the accepted ammo just by changing the barrel and like other sigs, you can dissessemble by just removing the magazine after locking the slide.

Looks like they are around $8-900 for the DAK.

Comment

You can pick up a Springfield XD for 400-600 depending on what you want. It strips down with no tools in about 5 seconds. Never had any issues with my .40.

Comment

I was born and raised in a backwood countryside in Northern Mississippi. Started shooting when I was 6 with my father. By the time I was 8 I had my own 12 gauge shotgun and spent my Winters when I wasn't in school in the woods hunting with my cousin.

When I turned 14 my family moved to Orlando Florida and I didn't get to shoot for a good 6 years until I met my wife. Her father is a real gun enthusiast with a collection of over 50 guns of various types.

I haven't personally owned a gun since I sold my last gun, a S&W Sigma 9mm before I left Florida 6 years ago.

Now with that said I am buying 2 pistols next month for mine and my wife's 8th wedding anniversary. These will be for concealed carry since we will both be taking the class after getting more familiar with whatever we choose to get.

Right now I am looking at a few but I am leaning towards a Glock G26 or G27, other pistols I am looking at is the Taurus PT-111 and PT-140, and last but not least the Ruger SR9c (I like the looks of this gun but it is designed as a high capacity and with the new laws I am not sure about it).

My father-in-law is trying to talk my wife into getting a .38 special but she is against revolvers as carry weapons. I was originally looking at a Taurus 605 for me and 85 for her but she vetoed the revolver idea lol.

I am really looking forward to putting some lead down range since it feels like I have lost touch with a part of myself not having fired a gun in so long.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                              You can pick up a Springfield XD for 400-600 depending on what you want. It strips down with no tools in about 5 seconds. Never had any issues with my .40.
                              My was on the high end of that estimate lol but yes i love my XDs! cant wait to go shoot it again tmrw!

8 Accords so far:
                              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Lol at Hi-point

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                                BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                                Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                                CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X