X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
    HAhaha that zombie ammo is AWESOME!

I love the disclamer on it too:

I'm wondering how they "proved" the ammo... Did they go zombie hunting?
    The only diffrence in that and any other 168 grain .308 round ive ever shot is the price. It looks cool and thats about it.

Comment

But it's for use on zombies only, did you find a zombie and shoot it with say Federal Ammo 308 and compare to the zombie specials? (This is all in jest of course)...

If there is a zombie apocolypse and this ammo doesn't work can you get your money back and maybe sue for false advertisement?

Comment

I've got random hunting rifles, nothing exciting. But this is my fun one.

XD-M .40 S&W

Blazer Brass for playing. Then the mag I keep in the gun when it's under my bed has 14 Hornady Critical Defense rounds and then the first 2 are birdshot. I like it that way so if some one threatens me I don't have to weigh the options of pulling the trigger. I can cause the a lot of pain and no permanent damage and if they're still coming after two rounds then lethal should be no questions asked.

My next fun purchase will be a Kel-Tec KSG. Like my .40 I'm a huge fan of having a lot of rounds available.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
          I've got random hunting rifles, nothing exciting. But this is my fun one.

XD-M .40 S&W

Blazer Brass for playing. Then the mag I keep in the gun when it's under my bed has 14 Hornady Critical Defense rounds and then the first 2 are birdshot. I like it that way so if some one threatens me I don't have to weigh the options of pulling the trigger. I can cause the a lot of pain and no permanent damage and if they're still coming after two rounds then lethal should be no questions asked.

My next fun purchase will be a Kel-Tec KSG. Like my .40 I'm a huge fan of having a lot of rounds available.
          I'd rethink your strategy. You still have to weigh the options and if it's serious enough to merit firing, you'd probably want the first two to count. Plus the bird shot rounds will be more of a liability AND they could cause a malfunction. Very. Bad. Idea.
          My Car
          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
            I'd rethink your strategy. You still have to weigh the options and if it's serious enough to merit firing, you'd probably want the first two to count. Plus the bird shot rounds will be more of a liability AND they could cause a malfunction. Very. Bad. Idea.
            I've ran quite a few rounds of the birdshot through it with no problems. If it merits firing I'd rather scare someone off rather than kill them. If pulling the trigger doesn't scare someone off then I' be willing to deal with what comes next.

Comment

My new magpul setup for my AR-15

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
              BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
              Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
              CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

I've ran quite a few rounds of the birdshot through it with no problems. If it merits firing I'd rather scare someone off rather than kill them. If pulling the trigger doesn't scare someone off then I' be willing to deal with what comes next.
                If you don't shoot to eliminate the threat, then you've got no business shooting in the first place.

Your idea is for the birds.
                My Car

Comment

It's a less lethal round. There are circumstances where shooting is required, but "eliminating the target" isn't. I'm not going to kill someone because the tried to steal my 20 year old car. I have been shooting since I could walk and I grew up in a military family. My dad has about 40-50 firearms in his house and all the ones loaded for home defense have less lethal ammo in the first few round. I don't need to be lectured over the internet about how I should handle my own firearms.

Comment

It's a less lethal round. There are circumstances where shooting is required, but "eliminating the target" isn't. I'm not going to kill someone because the tried to steal my 20 year old car. I have been shooting since I could walk and I grew up in a military family. My dad has about 40-50 firearms in his house and all the ones loaded for home defense have less lethal ammo in the first few round. I don't need to be lectured over the internet about how I should handle my own firearms.
                    lol, ok man. Put up the blinders and pretend you've got a good idea. To me, your idea is like shooting someone in the knee. If you fear for the life of yourself or a loved one, you need to put the threat down as soon as possible. OR, if the threat is not that serious yet, you don't shoot. Not shoot a bird round that will spread like no tomorrow because it's going through a rifled barrel.

Doing that will not only put your life at risk but you may also hit someone else because the shot going through your rifled and short pistol barrel is going to spread like there's no tomorrow.

If that's your grand idea, no worries. I just hope you never have to employ a weapon to save your life. I also don't care that your military family does this because the idea is ridiculous.

Know any police officers that load blanks in their gun for the first few rounds? No? Neither do I.
                    My Car

Comment

Everyone Ive ever heard talk about shooting someone acts like they want to shoot someone. Like they are just dying for a chance. I dont understand this. I dont know why someone would look foward to ending someones life.

The fact is there are so many diffrent things that can happen in a situation where you feel you might need to shoot someone. So how does one know what you would need or what you would do if you dont even know what the situation is?

Shooting someone is last resort and if you do shoot someone and the court thinks it wasnt your last resort then you might be the one in trouble.

Shooting someone isnt something I would toss around lightly. And very few people are truly ready to do it.

Personaly while were on the subject, If someone was to shoot me and not kill me I would be pissed. If they were to maim me for life it woudnt matter if i went to prison or not, the first chance i got i would kill the person who shot me.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                        Everyone Ive ever heard talk about shooting someone acts like they want to shoot someone. Like they are just dying for a chance. I dont understand this. I dont know why someone would look foward to ending someones life.

The fact is there are so many diffrent things that can happen in a situation where you feel you might need to shoot someone. So how does one know what you would need or what you would do if you dont even know what the situation is?

Shooting someone is last resort and if you do shoot someone and the court thinks it wasnt your last resort then you might be the one in trouble.

Shooting someone isnt something I would toss around lightly. And very few people are truly ready to do it.

Personaly while were on the subject, If someone was to shoot me and not kill me I would be pissed. If they were to maim me for life it woudnt matter if i went to prison or not, the first chance i got i would kill the person who shot me.
                        ^ WIN

No one knows how they will react, personally I would remorse but at the moment No I would no have a problem eliminating a threat, although I have prayed to god about this before, and no I don't feel good about spilling blood. But I would shoot to kill if some one attacked me or my family in a situation like that. However a less powerful round in a shotgun is better in a home situation because well you dont want to shoot through a wall and kill a family member. But I see both sides of the coin no one is tech wrong

Comment

From all the officers I've talked to, they all have told to aim at center mass. I asked them what about shooting them in the leg or something. They all told me the same thing. When you go to court the other person could sue you and actually win because they can say you tourtured them. That's if they have the bright idea in their head.

I remember Jay-Z said in one of his songs(yeah. I know. Quoting a rapper. Not cool. Lol) "if I pull the 45 its not to play games wit you. Its aim at you. Probably mame you." All the officers I've talked to have said when they draw their weapon, home or work, they're not pulling to scare you. They're drawing to say they're about to shoot you. If you own a gun for home defence, its a weapon for killing. That's what they were made for.

Now I'm sure most of us on this thread aren't looking to kill anyone. I know I dern sure aint. When stress gets put into a situation where you do have to fire at someone, not many will actually kill the target. They might hit an arm, shoulder, thigh, or even catch the person I'm the chest but won't be lethal. Unless you've been in the military where you have actually shot at someone in battle, no one can prepare for the adrenaline coursing thru your veins when that person is there threatening you and/or your family. It'll be all about how your brain will think things thru.

If someone breaks into my house and they have a knife or bat, ill pull the gun and cock it just so they know they are seriously out gunned for this. It might be that one person who just got into breaking into houses and your house just happened to be 1st. The sound of that pistol, shotgun, or AR chambering a round would probably scare them straight. Especially of they got hit with one of those rounds.

Point is. Its not shooting to kill. Its aiming at center mass. Ill only shoot to kill if the other is carrying a gun as well. You come in my house with a gun, your looking to kill someone if things don't go right. So trust and believe, ill be looking to kill you.

Comment

Mossberg Autoloader Tactical .22. Very affordable. 25rd mag. Ive only ran 50 rounds through it but Ive noticed its insanely accurate even at 100 yards. I love this gun so far.

Havent shot this yet. Taurus PT 911 9mm. This firearm does have a serial number btw. I just photoshoped it off.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                              Mossberg Autoloader Tactical .22. Very affordable. 25rd mag. Ive only ran 50 rounds through it but Ive noticed its insanely accurate even at 100 yards. I love this gun so far.

Havent shot this yet. Taurus PT 911 9mm. This firearm does have a serial number btw. I just photoshoped it off.
                              those are some nice guns
                              visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                                those are some nice guns
                                Thank you! Im preparing for the end of the world! Just kiding. Kinda. Thats mainly just my excuse for having 7 firearms.

Comment

Working...
                                X