Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some findings....

After getting the cb7 home. Dying pretty much....

Now that the liner is missing you can see how to fix the bumper alignment on cb7s

Bend that arm to make things fit...

Little better, need to clean up the paint here.

Last edited by Raf99; 11-11-2023, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Weird to see cheap Chinese remote start for our car which ironically look familiar to JDI Distributors.
      https://www.ebay.ca/itm/233984537325...mis&media=COPY

Comment

Well... the Audi is sold. So on with the show as always Also have some crank bearings on the way. Definitely a road I've never been down before...

Last edited by Raf99; 11-24-2023, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I'm hoping to be tackling bearings on my RSX around spring/summer time as well. Super nervous about getting the size of bearings right without spending a fortune experimenting.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

This will be a fun journey. You’ll learn a lot in the process I suspect, know the quality of the parts used and have the pride knowing that you’ve done it.
            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Thanks all.

uh-huh.... took me a while to find the answer to this.

---

uh-huh. Oil just trying to escape everywhere. And it now makes sense to me. While there is a positive crank case pressure with turbo's naturally (when in boost). With busted rings the explosions/pressure is 10x. Pushing oil up and causing havoc on seals etc. I don't think it's that i have multiple oil leaks, it's that oil is being pushed past seals due to the pressure.

Hmmmm

Look at these cracks!!

Kidding, just oil ...

Ready....

This. haha. lol... bah bah ah...

Comment

So... piston rings? I thought blow-by was your hunch from the beginning.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Ya. bad rings = blow by. (not clogged rings).

Sigh. Don't cheap out on parts. Bought a $80 vs a $300 and it didn't even last a summer

Not sure if this is good or not...

oil...

oil...

May order some OEM gaskets but I don't think the gasket is the problem.

No lighting affects here, 3 & 4 are just black vs 1 &2...

All looks fine. Engine rotates fine, cylinder walls look fine. But pistons 3 & 4 are noticeably black vs 1 & 2. And..... from readings and experience I remember reading about 3 & 4 will fail first as they get hotter than 1 & 2. (shorter spark plugs etc.)

Not sure about these pistons though... they obviously had some degradation around the edge (too hot).

No metal in the oil. No metal in the oil pickup. All good ....

Even the top end wear is not too bed. This is the worst...

Parts...

Comment

Sigh. Almost made it...... the last bolt on the bearing cap "cage" would not come off and I need an impact socket to do it. What are these?? 13 1/2 12point sockets?

Luckily the socket stripped and not the .....bolt/nut on the engine.

Comment

NM..... it's a 13mm (or 1/2") 12 point socket

Comment

Yep. Definitely in to unknown territory. Should of taken the flywheel off and the rest of the components. Should of got a 11mm 12point socket for the piston arm end caps.
                        All looks ok so far I guess. I don't know if I should replace these bearings or not. I also didn't order rod bearings. And not sure how to remove the crank shaft yet... i think the block needs to come off the stand, not sure.

Someone made a mistake in the past here..... according to the manual there shouldn't even be washers here. Anyone know?

Comment

I think those washers may have been integral parts of the oil pan gasket and just got left behind when you removed it.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                            I think those washers may have been integral parts of the oil pan gasket and just got left behind when you removed it.
                            Only one one side? Do you have them?

Comment

I don’t have an oil pan gasket. I also just realized it looks like you have a steel oil pan and a hondabond/rtv seal with an oil pan gasket? Or did you only have the half moon gasket and hondabond/rtv seal? Some gaskets will have metal rings embedded into the bolt holes to prevent distortion, the image kinda looks like one of those rings. It could also be something else lol.

Comment

Yep i think you're right. This washer or washers were in the gasket. And yes I have an steel pan. Hondabond was me trying to fix the leak there, but the leak may have been due to the 2 washers (should be 1... or none, not sure yet)

Comment

Working...
                                X