No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a fair amount of wiring needed, but all of the features work. Instead of soldering the cluster, you just have to make a jumper harness to unite the prelude connectors to the accord connectors.
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
      There is a fair amount of wiring needed, but all of the features work. Instead of soldering the cluster, you just have to make a jumper harness to unite the prelude connectors to the accord connectors.
      Could it be as simple as de-pinning the harness side of the Prelude's connectors (assuming you snipped the pigtails from the donor car) and correctly re-pinning it with the Accord's wiring? It'd be nice if the entire cluster could be kept easily revertible to factory.

I'm still debating whether I want to use my Prelude cluster, or go S2000, or full custom with aftermarket gauges and warning lights. The BB6 cluster does look very nice...
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-22-2023, 12:19 AM.

Comment

I do have the pigtails.... and I think I'll do what SSMAccord mentioned, make an adapter harness. But..... hmmm.... need more parts for that too. & I seen the DIY for the cluster on here and it does not look fun at all to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

Could it be as simple as de-pinning the harness side of the Prelude's connectors (assuming you snipped the pigtails from the donor car) and correctly re-pinning it with the Accord's wiring? It'd be nice if the entire cluster could be kept easily revertible to factory.

I'm still debating whether I want to use my Prelude cluster, or go S2000, or full custom with aftermarket gauges and warning lights. The BB6 cluster does look very nice...
          I also intended to make it completely reversible mod. I left most of the Prelude harness pins in place (I think I used the ATTS light/pin for the power steering malfunction indicator); I took the female connectors and pins from a CB cluster and soldered the cut wires from the Prelude harness to the pins to unite the 2 systems.
          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Yep..... that's what I would have to do. ...... Make me one too would ya

Comment

Working...
            X