No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scary. I hope it turns out okay for your property. I actually just ran into a similar-ish situation with my apartment building and an asbestos-related fire. I'll get some photos up in my thread soon, the place was looking pretty X-Files for a while and I had to stay with a friend for almost this entire month. But yeah, with all those fires up in Canada, we've been getting the smoke here in the States. Northern Colorado was pretty hazy for a couple days.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Whoa. Prayers up for you and Sally.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Ya, all scary stuff. I'm still not allowed into the neighbourhood but yesterday a police officer did drive to my house for me to take a photo and give me a status update. I am glad to announce that the house is still standing, but has burnt siding and some damage. I think the cars survived which is great, but it will be a lot of work to get the smell of smoke out and get back to normal.
        50% of the houses on the road are gone, some houses 2 doors down are gone. Cars, houses, garage, all gone. The road across from my house lost 11 houses. It's heartbreaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Ya, all scary stuff. I'm still not allowed into the neighbourhood but yesterday a police officer did drive to my house for me to take a photo and give me a status update. I am glad to announce that the house is still standing, but has burnt siding and some damage. I think the cars survived which is great, but it will be a lot of work to get the smell of smoke out and get back to normal.
          50% of the houses on the road are gone, some houses 2 doors down are gone. Cars, houses, garage, all gone. The road across from my house lost 11 houses. It's heartbreaking.
          Damn!
          Sorry to hear of that.

Hoping insurance will cover the costs.

As for the smell, that will be tough to remove for a while.

Glad you're safe.

Hobbies can be replaced, probably won't feel the same, but a life can't be replaced, grateful for that the most.

Keep us updated.

MRT

Comment

Yaaa.... I ahh. ya. I still haven't seen my home or cars. Police and fire fighters have the whole area blocked off as it was the worst spot; the most damage. I don't know if I have home that can be lived in, all I know is that it's standing. This is not fun, I can tell you this much. I have two pairs of pants and 4 t-shirts and each day I keep learning of more houses / families on my road that lost their home. Everyone came so close to losing their lives, but fortunately no-one died. I'm slowly getting the impression that the house (although standing) will need to be gutted.

Comment

Glad no lives were lost, that's the most important thing. I can't imagine the stress you and everyone else involved must be under right now, especially the people who suffered total loses, hope everyone was insured. We are getting the smoke from that fire all the way down here in the southeast US. I'm in NC, the last few days it has been very hazy and I can smell it heavy.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Well....... wow. The past two weeks of not knowing if I had a home or the cars was horrific. I also have a lot of survivor guilt going on too. But minimal damage to my home, have to test the water but other than that I'm good. The fire literally stopped across the road from me and I have the fire fighters to thank for it. Houses two down, are gone. The dirt road across from me lost 10 houses.... , there was 19 homes on my road lost and it's so sad.

A 1 mile long BBQ tree area where the fire crossed the road over in to my area. You can see green trees in the distant...

Few houses up the guy took a pic of the flame while escaping which was 50 - 100' taller than the tree tops. Same thing I had seen.

Swept through fast! Left nothing standing.

Never seen blue trees before.

The culverts were made of plastic. They melted and caused the ground to cave in.

Was a nice house with a jeep in the garage

Two houses down...

How close it came to my house.

Comment

Wow dude…. Just Wow! I cannot imagine the stress, guilt, anger, sadness. All the emotions running through your head. I am happy your situation was a happy ending. I’ll be sending prayers to those families as well as you. You got someone looking out for you for sure.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

This looks devastating. It surely is bittersweet to have survived this tragedy. Be sure to support those that are affected in the ways that you can.
                    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

This is how lucky I am. Fire literally stopped across the road. All houses on this map with a red X have burned to the ground. Large businesses, garages, multi-level homes where all 3 levels collapsed and burnt in to one pile. Sad to see owners pick through the pile.

Comment

Wow!! That is soooo close!!

Glad you are safe!

Condolences to everyone else.

MRT

Comment

scary!!!!! feel for everybody affected, but you can't help feel a sigh of relief for yourself - and that's okay, dont feel bad. legit happy to hear everything is generally safe and sound for you, and it sounds like there were no injuries or anything, just a bunch of insurance claims, in the grand scheme of things.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks all. Still waiting for the water tests to come back. Other than that, everything is fine. Not fun driving through a war zone each day, but was looking to move long term anyways.

Moving some projects slowly for the car.
                            - Got a dent / hammer kit off Amazon. Learned I suck at fixing dents (trying one on the hood)
                            - Ordered the FFC caliper bracket kit. The only thing left is to get the rotors
                            - There's always been a buzz/rattle from the back passengers side speaker. Really annoys me when the bass is a booming. I tried many times to look into this. May try to swap the speakers from R to L which I Haven't tried yet. Still absolutely LOVE the stereo system in this car.
                            - Still need to order tires for her too....
                            - Still thinking of giving her a new name too

Her first (2 second) appearance in a YouTube video which is pretty cool. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96a_cdKh_ZI

Comment

dang raff . i hope that all is good and water test good .
                              Last edited by Accord problems; 06-25-2023, 09:01 AM.
                              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                              How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                              Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Holy crap. I didn’t realize you were in the area where the fire was burning! I’m glad you, your home, and your cars are ok. That’s absolutely insane how close it got.
                                I’m across the river from Philadelphia, and we were choking on the smoke all the way down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X