No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always used Honda gaskets for my motor.

When I was still on the F22A6, I went through ALL of the parts store valve cover gasket, and always had a leak.

Went to the Junk Yard, found a CB that was always serviced by Honda (receipts in glove box)

Took the used valve cover gasket, and installed onto mines, and it fit so well, and no more leaks!

Since then, I never used parts store gaskets and only swear by OEM lol.

Keep us updated if you still getting oil in catch can after those new gaskets.

MRT

Comment

Never got out tonight, raining , horrible etc.
      You know .. (and you'll hate me for this) I never changed the spark plugs in ....... forever. I think since I started the turbo. haha. Sooooo long ago that I went to buy the plugs in (NGK BKR7E) and they've been discontinued lol...
      Any recommendations on plugs for a H22. NGK obviously, guess I'll just find the next model up... or whatever is available when searching the guide / book.

Comment

I only run the iridium from NGK for my H22, as mine is n/a.

Here, you may use this site to reference part numbers.
        Unsure how hot or cold you need your plugs to be, but the plugs found here are compatible:
        https://www.sparkplugs.com/applicati...,170376,170378

MRT

Comment

Well... good news and bad I guess. Took Sally for an hour long drive and...

Good news: No more oil leaking on top of the valve cover. And the plugs are dry too!

Bad news: this is how much oil was in the catch can. I technically still don't have an answer for this yet except "she's getting old... " :P

Comment

Yaa this is the new norm I guess. Here's a 2 hour drive catch can. Car runs great! Doesn't leak a drop of anything. Still have a major traction issue but that's ok. I still wonder why some cars run the catch can back to the oil pan and others do not.

Comment

I mean as long as your charge pipes are clean of oil and no sputtering or burning oil. I would run the oil back to the pan. I need to check my catch can to see if there is any oil.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Right, but how long do I have until something breaks?
                Is this normal?
                Should I run the car like this?

Seems my tuner says "something not right". I need more pro input on this...
                Last edited by Raf99; 09-27-2022, 06:42 AM.

Comment

It is odd that this started happening and we haven’t found a fix. Though we haven’t fully cracked open the block. If you stay out of boost does it accumulate? I can’t remember what you said.

It’s interesting because you don’t have any smoke or signs of burning oil. So the oil is coming out of the head, bypassing the baffle and going into catch can. I’ll have to look back at your pictures.

if you were burning oil I would say your rings are starting to go. But your not.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

lol... not sure it's possible to stay out of boost haha...... I tried the other day but nope. Well answer this, why do pro cars or other new builds run the oil drain back to the pan? Are they getting that much oil in the catch can (really the PCV / head) on a new build? Too much blow by? Either way, I'm running with it. All seems normal besides this.

Oh, other Q for ya'll. When I turn on the car the front bumper antenna always tries to "go in" or " go out" and makes a horrible grinding sound. You think this would happen if the power / ground were backwards?

Comment

I'm sure its due to blow by as they are pushing so much boost.

As for the antenna, I imagine there is a limit switch that stops it when its fully up and down and maybe that has gone bad or needs some adjusting, so the antenna may think its not fully seated or extended.
                      ~Nick~

Comment

I think the antenna is like the JDM mirrors. If the wire is backwards they always try to close when they are closed. Besides this, the antenna works fine. Goes up when I push the button, down on another push. No grinding etc.
                        Guess it can't harm to reverse the power / ground.. not sure where to begin with that issue.

Comment

John you don’t have the parking pole on a button?
                          5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Yep. Full setup.

Comment

This channel's got a few good videos talking about catch cans and breather systems. Maybe you'll pick up something in here you overlooked...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Thanks CyborgGT. I did watch all of that and some things are obvious...

1. All turbo engines eventually get blow-by due to increase pressure on the rings. With 40+PSI you will definitely get it.
                                2. Something obviously changed with my car. Will never know what it is until I rip it apart. Obviously it's wear and tear at this point.
                                3. May as well drive it until it breaks, as there's nothing I can do about it now and it's not really killing the car. If I had the $$$ I'd rip it to it, but I don't
                                4. Don't drain back to the pan = it's gross oil

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X